Mercedes-Benz announces new model from Thailand production line

On 6/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, snoop1130 said:

“We tailor every detail of each local-made model to fit Thailand’s road conditions and the driving characteristics of Thais,”

Yes, it has three additional safety features added to ensure the safety of the driver.

It is built like a tank, can't flash its lights, and has had the horn removed.

Now the owners can drive around Thai drivers and make it home alive. 

Edited by DLang

8 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

And maybe they feel smarter to buy a toy for themselves than a house for their wife that they are sure to lose anyway !

Maybe the "toy" is in the wife's name and she's responsible for the payments ? Now that is smart....

On 6/17/2017 at 5:00 AM, bangkokairportlink said:

How can you compare VW and Honda to Benz... Seems like you have never owned one !

Thats right as the mercedes are always doing badly in reliability reports with Japanese vehicles always coming tops http://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

Mercs 17th guess all those Toyotas/Hondas  whizzing  past you as you sit  trying to mend that pile of Merc  junk just laugh

17 hours ago, wprime said:

You were probably driving base models, You really need a highly optioned E or equivalent or an S before you experience what makes a Mercedes better than a Honda but with a Merc it's more about comfort. If you like the 3 series then it's probably not for you.

The low end Mercedes are designed to be pretty, cool and uncomfortable (I think they industry term for this is "sporty") so they appeal to younger buyers to get people into the brand. In the rest of the world they're not exactly expensive so you can hardly complain about them.

Yet Lexus  beat them hands  down in reports and thats "just" a  Toyota

Last car I had back home was a 2001 Merc E220CDi (deisel) with 5 sp auto, that was a fab car, very quiet and quite quick...Even had different climate control A/C settings for the driver and passenger as I remember...:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, kannot said:

Yet Lexus  beat them hands  down in reports and thats "just" a  Toyota

In reliability yes. Lexuses have released some fine cars and their discrete styling is a plus for me but they cost as much as equivalent Mercs in Thailand so why bother?

3 hours ago, transam said:

Last car I had back home was a 2001 Merc E220CDi (deisel) with 5 sp auto, that was a fab car, very quiet and quite quick...Even had different climate control A/C settings for the driver and passenger as I remember...:thumbsup:

Funny that, i had a 280 SE 3.5 when they came out years ago, cant remember some fancy setting bits either, but i remember it was the only car i had that if someone smoked in it,no one noticed ,the Air Con conditioned the air, not just puffed cold air.!!   Also remember the Seats were like Cement Benches from outside Mom n Pops Shop. Memories yet Again.:stoner:

9 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Funny that, i had a 280 SE 3.5 when they came out years ago, cant remember some fancy setting bits either, but i remember it was the only car i had that if someone smoked in it,no one noticed ,the Air Con conditioned the air, not just puffed cold air.!!   Also remember the Seats were like Cement Benches from outside Mom n Pops Shop. Memories yet Again.:stoner:

I had cloth seats.....:giggle: