Work begins in South Pattaya to create a new "Landmark of Tourism"

webfact

Work begins in South Pattaya to create a new "Landmark of Tourism"

7pm.jpg

Picture: STV Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Sophon Cable TV reported that work has begun to transform the port area in South Pattaya into an international marina and park area.

Sophon said on Facebook that the area, due to be completed in November, would create a tourism "landmark" that the resort could be proud of.

Some 97 million baht has been allocated for the work.

Some heavy machinery in the area was pictured yesterday as work began following the clearing of the area in recent months.

Source: STV Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-20

7 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Will this work push the "waterline" far enough into the bay so as to make the "delayed" building in the immediate area legal?

If so it is a creative way to make a problem go away.

Does the whole venture have approvals? 

Who owns the land? Is it public land so close to the waterline?

someone must be reading my posts as I have been suggesting this for quite some time now, first the removal of the speedboats and then the development of the area into a park and scenic area as it should  always have been

15 hours ago, smedly said:

someone must be reading my posts as I have been suggesting this for quite some time now, first the removal of the speedboats and then the development of the area into a park and scenic area as it should  always have been

You are dreaming, if you think that is what is going to happen.  A park and scenic area requires on-going maintenance, and we all know that there is never any budget for maintenance.  

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Good, a giant open area for all the new freelancers displaced from Soi 6 and the rest of the "crackdown" to do their thing.

any short time hotels in the area?

Would bring them in close proximity to the "Bush Mountain" workers.

I wonder hos Pattaya will look like in 10 years? No bars and night clubs because they are bad for the reputation of Pattaya, no sex , its bad for the reputation .  

Only parks full of Chinese  and Russian families.  Welcome to paradise! 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, smedly said:

You mean like the park that used to exist at Bali HI and the scenic walkway that used to go to the lighthouse?

I think Pattaya was a fine Landmark of Tourism and I have enjoyed it greatly over the years.  Put it back to what it was in say... 2004.  I love many little side streets.  I loved baht busses being so convenient to hop on and hop off. What a great way to get around town. I loved the mix of some new hotels with some legacy ones, Lek, Flipper. I loved the option of some decent yet cheap apartment rooms off of Soi Bukao.  I loved the less traffic during slow season, and the fully lit up Christmas times.  I loved beach road and much of the path even had flower beds, benches to sit on, etc.  The Naklua boardwalk around the point was nice. 

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

97 million a Tourist area they can be proud of. Compleated in 4 months do me a favour lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can be done, just skimp on amenities and proper drainage etc.  How long does it take to pour a thin layer of concrete on the dirt or a few pavers that will crack and lift in a couple of months?

Edited by Thechook

Can be done, just skimp on amenities and proper drainage etc.  How long does it take to pour a thin layer of concrete on the dirt or a few papers that will crack and lift in a couple of months?

What is it then exactly just a concrete space?

What is there to be proud about whats the tourist destination?

Maybe I am missing something

EDIT

I've just gone back and read it again are they seriously suggesting that people are going to be impressed or proud of a park?

There must be about 10 in my hone town and believe me they don't bring in any toursts. I am not saying pattaya don't need one but please don't big it up if it's just a park for God's sake.

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

What is it then exactly just a concrete space?

What is there to be proud about whats the tourist destination?

Maybe I a missing something

Maybe they place some bins so people dont litter.