Now have to show funds Savannakhet?

5 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Don't know what the last 2 pages have to do with the topic at hand. It is becoming vitriolic and we need this post to be up for the rest of us.:sleep:

Looking forward to your update early next week upon your return. Hopefully can get this thread back on track with the latest requirements. 

3 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Don't know what the last 2 pages have to do with the topic at hand. It is becoming vitriolic and we need this post to be up for the rest of us.:sleep:

Mainly beacuse in a couple of days a thread will start saying non o no proof needed just been today. Followed a day later by a mate of mine says you need yo show x

. As far as im concerned the consulate has told me the anser and i would trust them over posters posting there take on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

To thick !!!? To call people  thick is a bit ott. Or perhaps cant get the right documents from the landlord. There are a good few who refuse point blank to give you copies of house book and ID card. 

In my opinion, when I look around in life, I agree... there is loads of thick people... lazy and thick people who do not have the drive even to fill in a form... Buy their way out of any problem, and then complain over Thailands massive difficult rules and laws...

Of course the unlucky ones,, like you points out,,, is not thick....

Glegolo

You've probably just answered the question kanoon.  :thumbsup:

Call it semantics but knowing exactly which Visa you are obtaining, and not using the term Retirement or Marriage Visa, which just leaves us guessing whether you have a Non Imm O single or multi entry, helps a lot.

• Like 2

Actually, this "wind up"/mistake by the guy in the FB expat group has had a positive affect.......it's motivated me to start saving that 400k, just in case the rules do change (which would be a shock, but not a surprise)... scouts motto; "be prepared !")

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Actually, this "wind up"/mistake by the guy in the FB expat group has had a positive affect.......it's motivated me to start saving that 400k, just in case the rules do change (which would be a shock, but not a surprise)... scouts motto; "be prepared !")

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The only certainty in Thailand is uncertainty. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

So where are we on the issue of funds/no funds for a one year non-O based on marriage issued in Savannakhet? Are we waiting for additional trip reports and/or replies from requests for information sent to the consulate?

• Like 1

So where are we on the issue of funds/no funds for a one year non-O based on marriage issued in Savannakhet? Are we waiting for additional trip reports and/or replies from requests for information sent to the consulate?

Read post #159

Basically it was a wind up from a guy who heard it was about Non-O but in fact it was about a Multiple Entry Tourist visa.

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Read post #159

Basically it was a wind up from a guy who heard it was about Non-O but in fact it was about a Multiple Entry Tourist visa.

I read it but was just waiting for some final words from the resident gurus I guess (as well as the topic being closed).

12 hours ago, MJCM said:

Read post #159

I also suspected as soon as I saw 200k requirement that they were likely referring to the ME Tourist Visa vs ME Non-Immigrant O visa for Marriage to Thai.   Good catch along with the screenshot.  

12 hours ago, Becker said:

I read it but was just waiting for some final words from the resident gurus I guess (as well as the topic being closed).

I do recommend a mod close this topic with a final reference to what appears to be an out of control rumor and a link to the correct information here:

Edited by 4evermaat

On 6/23/2017 at 7:10 PM, 2008bangkok said:

It's basically for people who don't have the right documents or to thick to do it themselves 1900 baht or 16000 you choose

Not a matter of choice, really. I went in to do the 1,900 baht routine, as done previously.
This woman apparently "manufactured" a number of problems to encourage the 16,000 baht solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Just got back. NO NEED TO SHOW FUNDS FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY NON O.

I will do a full trip report Tuesday.

Short and sweet: guy looked at my paperwork for NON O based on married to a Thai and Thai son. He took out the real marriage certificate, did not look at the original tabien baan.

Wrote M on the application, M on the receipt and M on some other paper. Done. Out in 5. Did not ask for funds.

Thanks for update......straight from a reliable source , man on the spot.

Now is that new rumor true that balding falangs  will in future be required to wear a wig in order to qualify for the multi non O ?  Hope not....so does our dog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

I can tell you that French and Aussies did not have a problem either. Cannot say about other nationalities.

Irish also from Eire ,as of 12/6/17 

3 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

The new 200000 thb in bank rule for non O multiple visa.

There is certainly no written rule for it. And it is apparently not required in Savannakhet. If you had read post #180 you would of seen this.

Is this never gonna stop. One after another..... THERE IS NO 200.000 BAHT RULE

Glegolo

I still don't understand why this topic still open...

BTW he has to keep going he claimed that he was in Sawannakhet a few days ago and he was asked to show this 200.000...

• Like 1