Family upset with police for failing to arrest a murder suspect after 20 years

webfact

Family upset with police for failing to arrest a murder suspect after 20 years

By Thai PBS Reporters

IMG_2200.jpg

BURI RAM: -- The widow and son of a man shot dead 20 years ago at a neighbour’s wedding party in Buri Ram’s Nang Rong district were summoned to the Nang Rong provincial court on Wednesday to be informed that the unresolved murder case would have to be thrown out of court if the police could not bring a suspect to the court by midnight.

The 20-year statute of limitations of the case is due to expire at midnight on Wednesday.

The widow, 62-year old Mrs Sa-nga Sanprasert, and her son and the family’s lawyer, went to the court in the morning as appointed by the court. But the police did not show up.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/family-upset-police-failing-arrest-murder-suspect-20-years/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-29

The Police probably told the suspect to report into the station

(as they do) for questioning,he never bothered,so police thought

why should we. also why have they a statute of limitations on murder !

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Must be the only country that has a statute of limitations on murder.  Guess no Cold Case unit exists.

That is why the evil murderer Charles Sabraj got off in Thailand. However, when he got out of prison in India, he eventually returned to Nepal, where is he is back in prison for life. He would have been free if he had remained in Paris where he lived for a while, making lots of money selling photos and such. What a fool. 

5 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

That is why the evil murderer Charles Sabraj got off in Thailand. However, when he got out of prison in India, he eventually returned to Nepal, where is he is back in prison for life. He would have been free if he had remained in Paris where he lived for a while, making lots of money selling photos and such. What a fool. 

Interesting story:   Charles Sobhraj, also known as the Bikini Killer, is a French serial killer of Vietnamese and Indian origin, who preyed on Western tourists throughout Southeast Asia during the 1970.  

For an instant, I wondered if he might have escaped and taken up residence on KT. 

A woman rented then sold my nurse S-i-L's car.  Four year's of paying off a bank loan on a nurse's salary.  The family 'arrested' the culprit & took her to Dong Tan police station.  The 'chief' refused to move for less than 10K.  Nurse didn't have that sort of money - case closed.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Must be the only country that has a statute of limitations on murder.  Guess no Cold Case unit exists.

Nah, don´t say that! Here it´s probably a secret unit under the name Deep Frozen. And that means deep frozen! Not even advanced sience can put life in to thoose cases.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Far from Thailand having a statute of limitations on murder only.

Many countries do have that statute.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

They do have cold cases; there's a sign on the fridge saying, "Paid-up Cases".

Thai cops are at the bottom of my list, whereas Aussie cops are at the top, they never let a murder go unsolved and have a great success rate at bringing the culprits to justice, even after 20 years as I am constantly hearing, with very few missed.

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

I often wonder what makes Farangs think Thailand has laws and people follow the laws of the land. It's beyond my comprehension.

Just look around you does it looks like Thailand has laws? Then why are murderers walking about in town after bail of very little money?

Thailand is a little better than Saudi Arabia and South Africa.