Many poultry found dead, believed from cholera, in Maha Sarakham

webfact

Many poultry found dead, believed from cholera, in Maha Sarakham

MAHA SARAKHAM: -- The Maha Sarakham provincial veterinary office has imposed a ban on the movements of poultry into and out of the province after many chicken, ducks, turkeys and geese were found to have fallen dead believed from cholera.

The veterinary office also asked owners of cats and dogs in areas where poultry has fallen dead mysteriously to observe if any of their pet dogs or cats have died within a week after the death of the poultry not to remove their carcasses but to alert the officials concerned.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/many-poultry-found-dead-believed-cholera-maha-sarakham/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-30

I find it very hard to believe that the farmers will not try to sell off the dead birds, there is no way they will accept the loss of money. I get the feeling there will be a glut of poultry on the market while they kill the ones that havent dropped yet to make fast sales before they can really be stopped from doing so through back channels

We had a handful of chickens, some ducks, quail and guineas at our place. Just enough fowl to keep us in eggs. The daughter was on school break and a kind uncle gave her a chick, which she put put it in the quail pen. Within a 2-week span we lost almost all. Just one chicken and two ducks survived. Come to find out this baby chick came from a flock which had died from Cholera. The uncle forgot to mention this fact. My fault as I should have said no when I saw the chick.

The gov't gave us free vaccine but said it was really to late to help. They recommend giving this vaccine every year before the rainy season starts. In this part of P-lok province many farmers have lost their entire flock. Now, I no longer have eggs and bacon every morning. Another lesson learned...

legs.jpg

Edited by missoura