Asus Laptop thailand

tavjot

I am visiting thailand in a few weeks . I am planning to buy a gaming laptop 'ASUS ROG gl502vm' to be specific. Please let me know the best places to buy it from and the best prices for it . I am looking for the GTX 1060 6GB , I7 kabylake version . tia

I would think Thailand would be the LAST place you would want to be buying electronics, if you had a choice!

Thailand  Taiwan

The ten cheapest countries to buy technology

1. Kuwait

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Malaysia

4. Canada

5. United Arab Emirates

6. Qatar

7. Japan

8. USA

9. Australia

10. Poland

The ten most expensive countries to buy technology

1. Venezuela

2. Angola

3. Brunei

4. Brazil

5. Guatemala

6. Singapore

7. Croatia

8. Indonesia

9. Bangladesh

10. Philippines

Lucy Handley, special to CNBC

Edited by RichCor

12 minutes ago, RichCor said:

I would think Thailand would be the LAST place you would want to be buying electronics, if you had a choice!

Thailand  Taiwan

The ten cheapest countries to buy technology

1. Kuwait

2. Saudi Arabia

3. Malaysia

4. Canada

5. United Arab Emirates

6. Qatar

7. Japan

8. USA

9. Australia

10. Poland

The ten most expensive countries to buy technology

1. Venezuela

2. Angola

3. Brunei

4. Brazil

5. Guatemala

6. Singapore

7. Croatia

8. Indonesia

9. Bangladesh

10. Philippines

Lucy Handley, special to CNBC

That's odd. I never thought/heard of people heading to Malaysia to buy technology gear.

But on the other hand, often hear about people from Thailand doing technology shopping while in Singapore -- which would seem from your source above to be a bad move.

We used to have friends in the US buy electronics for us while they were in Japan, Korea, Taiwan. The downside was usually the lack of global warranty.   Those bargain prices are long gone.  Now it's all about what retailer can secure large quantity discounts and unsold merch return agreements.

Edited by RichCor

USA  BestBuy

Asus - ROG GL502VM 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

$1,399.99

USA Amazon - sold by EXcaliberPC

ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VM-DS74 Select Edition (i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD, G-Sync, 

$1709.00

USA Amazon - sold by ExcaliberPC

ASUS ROG STRIX GL502VM-DS74 (i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 128GB SATA SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD, G-Sync, Windows 10) Gaming Notebook

$1,499.00

...the prices and build components are all over the place.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's odd. I never thought/heard of people heading to Malaysia to buy technology gear.

Having moved back and forth between Thailand and Malaysia for years (the visa shuffle) my impression was the tech stuff available in Malaysia was about the same as in Thailand, and the price difference with things like laptops and external hard drives was negligible.

But you can get a laptop there without Thai characters on the keyboard.

...following @Ignis' lead:

TH InvadeIt

Asus ROG G502VM-FY398 Black Metal

15.6" FHD / Intel Core i7-7700HQ / 16GB DDR4 / 1TB HDD / GeForce GTX1060 6GB GDDR5
No OS  
59,990. THB

TH InvadeIt

Asus ROG STRIX G502VT-FY166T Black

15.6" FHD / Intel Core i7-6700HQ / 16GB DDR4 / 256GB SSD+1TB / GeForce GTX970M 6GB GDDR5
Windows 10

61,990. THB

TH Lazada

Asus Gaming ROG Strix G502VT-FY166Ti7 6700HQ / Ram 16GB / GTX970M 6GB DDR5 / PCIE SSD 256
Windows 10

51,980 THB

TH Lazada

Asus Gaming ROG Strix G502VM-FY134T

i7 6700HQ Ram 8GB / GTX1060 6GB DDR5 / HDD 1TB+SSD 128

Windows 10 

57,990 THB

MY Techhypermart

Asus ROG GL502V-MFY078T 15.6" Gaming Laptop/ Notebook

i7-6700HQ, 8GB, 1TB, NV GTX1060,

W10H

RM 6,679  [ ~52,775.62 THB, ~1,555.43 USD ]

MY Techhypermart

Asus ROG GL502V-MFY290T 15.6" Gaming Laptop/ Notebook

i7-7700HQ / 8GB / 1TB / 128GB / NV GTX1060

W10H

RM 7,179  [~56,726.48 THB , ~1,671.87 USD ]

The specs are too varied to make any price comparisons.

That InvadeIt sells one with no OS should remind us, this is how they do it in Asia.

maybe got it wrong ....  is the OP post saying 17 referring to a 17"  laptop ? or was it meant to be a i7 CPU ?   

as 'RichCor' posts are all 15" Laptops.... guess I miss understood what the 17 was..

as I was only looking the other day what 17" laptops where here... not many

Edited by ignis

Price difference -ONLINE and OFFLINE
Started by tavjot

As I am visiting thailand from india in a few weeks and I wanted to buy a laptop from there. The online price of the laptop is around 60000 bhat on invadth , I wanted to know how much less will I find it for in the stores like in PANTIP or FORTUNE mall. tia

OP, please don't start additional topic threads unless you have a different question from one you've already posted.

I don't think you'll find people willing to do your price-comparison shopping for you, that's something you'll have to do on your own. And given all the differing drive storage configurations that model comes in it makes for a difficult comparison.  

You might be better off asking what stores might have the laptop currently in stock, so when you get here you can check it out for yourself.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2560 at 9:06 AM, ignis said:

maybe got it wrong ....  is the OP post saying 17 referring to a 17"  laptop ? or was it meant to be a i7 CPU ?   

as 'RichCor' posts are all 15" Laptops.... guess I miss understood what the 17 was..

as I was only looking the other day what 17" laptops where here... not many

FYI, the Skylake CPU was launched in August 2015. Kaby Lake CPU officially launched in January 2017.

OP refers explicitly to "kabylake" which will run Windows 10 only, thus will run none of the earlier Windows operating systems.

I've read somewhere that n this case 15" size seems to be no problem at all for those people who are using their VR glasses ;-)

In such a case, so I've read somewhere, size does not matter anymore. So, OP's choice is a good choice.

At this moment in time I would not pay more than 55.000 Baht and 50.000 Baht is a price too low. Would buy the laptop at its location of usage because in my experience retail prices of well known brands do not differ much between countries, and must go back in case the laptop malfunctions during the first two years of its warranty period.