Thai Smile scoops three awards

snoop1130

Thai Smile scoops three awards

By The Nation

95179700d30ff6626c537dcfbe930967.jpeg

Wiwat Piyawiroj, acting chief executive officer of Thai Smile Airways, recently presided over the awards ceremony on the occasion of the carrier landing three awards – for Best Regional Airline in Asia Pacific, One of the World’s Best Airlines – Top 10, and Best Airline in Thailand – in the inaugural “TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards for Airlines”. 

The ceremony was also attended by Taviroj Songkumpol, acting chief commercial officer of the airline, and Nednapang Teeravas, acting chief customer service officer.

Wiwat is pictured centre, Taviroj second left and Nednapang second right. 

The event took place at Thai Airways International’s head office in Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30319798

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-7-3

I think I'd put more weight on the longer-running Skytrax Awards. :wink:

Who gave Bangkok Airways at the Best Regional Airline in the World, and Best Regional Airline in Asia, for 2017  ...  which gives Thai Smile something to aim for. 

i will give them "the most cramped airline in the world" award.   I have flown many times with many different airlines but the return trip bkk to macao was my worst experience of my life.  but probably not a bad airline for people under 170cm tall.

16 hours ago, wanderluster said:

i will give them "the most cramped airline in the world" award.   I have flown many times with many different airlines but the return trip bkk to macao was my worst experience of my life.  but probably not a bad airline for people under 170cm tall.

Spend a modest extra amount of money and fly their premium class like I do (190+ cm here).  It really is worth it, not just for the leg room but also for the priority boarding, meal, use of the lounge at your departing airport, extra baggage allowance.

A little off topic, BUT  as a budget airline why are they allowed to operate from BKK  ??   all others were moved to DMK,,   all budget airlines for connections have to run the gauntlet from DM to BKK,   Maybe about time Air Asia got a UK long haul slot from DM.

As far as the award goes B Airways got high marks but it has only wealthy customers, as it is over priced and most services are a monopoly.     Thai Smile is good but Air Asia is a nicer airline  staff wise.

1 hour ago, ginjag said:

A little off topic, BUT  as a budget airline why are they allowed to operate from BKK  ??   all others were moved to DMK,,

Are you certain that they had to go?

ThaiSmile operated from both airports for a while and has then withdrawn from DMK.