"Sorry about that - the road was a bit slippery!" says truck driver as father and son have miracle escape

webfact

"Sorry about that - the road was a bit slippery!" says truck driver as father and son have miracle escape

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- An 18 wheel truck driver who drove off a Bangkok bridge and landed on a pick-up clambered out of his cab in heavy rain.

Surachai Rungreuang, 26, had a mouth injury but said: "Oh...sorry about that. The road was a bit slippery".

The 18 wheeler belonging to SSK Logistics had collided with some other vehicles on the bridge over Klong Phrayasuren on the Kanchanapisek ring road heading towards Bang Pa-in.

It then toppled onto an Isuzu pick-up driven by Nathaphon Klasamer, 34 who was on his way home with his 13 year old son.

Nathaphon said: "I heard a loud noise and some stones hit the windshield. I was able to rev the engine and so it just missed the cab as it hit the back of my vehicle".

"Then the driver got out and apologized saying the road was slippery.

"I thought we were going to die for sure".

Surachai was taken to hospital but faces negligent driving charges.

While Nathaphon credited his Buddhist amulet from a Saraburi temple with saving the day. Both him and his son were uninjured.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-04

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Can you imagine the chaos and mayhem here if they had snow and ice to contend with !.

regards Worgeordie

Yes but easy to see snow,clearly some thing to blame.

"While Nathaphon credited his Buddhist amulet from a Saraburi temple with saving the day"

Same problem with all religions "thank God" etc etc, funny when all are  dead and one survives it becomes a "miracle"

Stupidity of belief without evidence.

Edited by kannot

6 hours ago, SABloke said:

This story has it all: 18 wheel truck, Bangkok bridge, rain, pickup truck, very young father, bizarre accident and of course an amulet! :coffee1:

and a Moron

2 minutes ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

Glad he's pointing otherwise I'd never have noticed the Lorry 

What lorry ? Oh sorry I thought he was pointing at the car. Didn't notice the lorry, they really needed two pointers in the picture as it is easy to miss things.

No problem driver as the roads were perhaps slippery, and perhaps you were a complete Thai moron for not driving suitable for the road conditions, but the fact you had a Buddhist amulet on your dashboard made it all ok.  Carry on driving like a cretin in future so long as you have superstitious idols and you will sure to be ok.

Edited by whatawonderfulday