Inspire Radio 1 105.75FM – Bangkok’s only English FM Station Launches!

webfact

Inspire Radio 1 105.75FM – Bangkok’s only English FM Station Launches!

bkk.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Choice Group Asia is delighted to announce the launch of a new English language radio station in Bangkok.

As Bangkok’s only English FM station, Inspire Radio 1 FM broadcasts 24 hours a day and is available on 105.75FM.

Inspire Radio 1 FM offers a mix of music and entertainment playing songs from the 90s, 00s and today.

There’s also Thaivisa news on the hour, event updates from throughout Bangkok, Hua Hin and Pattaya, a technology show and not to be missed fun Thai language lessons.

Start the day with Brooksy’s Morning Show, which kicks from 830am until 1030am.

Chris Phelan does the 12noon until 2pm and the UK legendary DJ Graham Gold from London's Kiss 100FM takes the reins for the ‘Graham Gold Living the Dream’ drive time slot from 4pm until 6pm; which he broadcasts live and exclusive for Inspire Radio 1 from his Koh Phangan studios.

Inspire Radio 1 FM is a joint venture between Charoen Cable and Choice Group Asia Media Group, whose other brands include Thaivisa.com and Thailand Channel TV.

bkk1.jpg

In addition to being available on FM radio in Bangkok you can tune in via inspirebangkok.com, radio.thaivisa.com or via the TuneIn app.

An additional FM channel will also be introduced later in the year to ensure wider reach in the Thai capital.

Speaking ahead of the launch Dan Cheeseman, MD for Choice Group Asia said:

“Bangkok is without question one of the most cosmopolitan, vibrant cities in the world and quite simply demands and deserves to have it’s own English FM radio channel. And now it has, Inspire Radio 1 FM on 105.75FM”.

This was reiterated by a spokesperson for Charoen Cable who said: “Charoen Cable are delighted to be working with Choice Group Asia Media Group on delivering the only English spoken FM radio station in Bangkok”.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-10

When I first came here 17 years ago there were at least two English radio stations, any one remember Ricky Vaughan? The trouble is that the licenses  franchises never last long enough, 3-5 years and then they are gone and even sometimes not as long. 95. FMX back in 2002 was one of my favourites. One needs to have have a long term license then it would be much easier to build up a loyal following. Having said that times have now changed with Internet radio, one can now drive along and listen to what one likes.

1 hour ago, JayBird said:

Is/Was there a BBC radio in Thailand?

There's internet radio. If you buy a LW receiver you can get LW World Service/Radio 4 too. If you've played with the car radio you'll know that FM and MW are pretty useless now. My receiver at home doesn't work much either - shame, in England it could tune itself and get all the data displayed too. However, it's post 2000 now... 

Radio is pretty much a local FM service, however. Beacon Radio, for example, covered parts of the Midlands. It was brilliant in the day - but later on it just lost it's flavour... but one thing I remember, back in the day, you just drove and listened - then arrive home and turn the radio on and carry on listening. That never worked around here.

https://www.thaivisa.com/radio/

Seems like both radio channels are not broadcasting...

Edited by ben2talk

Tried with Both Google Chrome and Opera (both latest versions and fully updated), but not a single little beep comes out of my otherwise excellent speakers:ermm: – however an old outdated Internet Explorer works...:whistling:

3 hours ago, chilli42 said:

So much choice now.  When in the car I listen to Spotify, audio books and pod casts.  Commercial radio is not nearly as relevant as it once was.  Wish them luck though.

Same here. I hate ads and news so I just use Deezer. I like their "Flow" service which selects songs based on the ones you played before (including the ones you skipped) and adjusts accordingly. Commercial radio is a pain in the a**. The content of the English station(s?) in Pattaya seems to be less than 50% music. All stupid talk and ads, ads, ads.

Pretty pointless, obsolete even. Nowadays you can have the choice of hundreds of English language ( or any other ) radio stations streamed from all over the World. Simple phone app and I can listen to anything from classic rock to political phone in's. Straight to my car or home sound system via Bluetooth.

The days of amateurish expat radio stations is long over.

• 3 months later...