webfact

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, jenifer d said:

not necessarily, i have 25,000+ views and my total youtube take is 50 cents

it takes hundreds of millions of views to make $1,000,000 on youtube

It's not so cut and dry as that. You get money from Adsense which is run by Google. The ads that play on videos are grouped into categories. The advertisers can choose what kind of videos they do not want their adverts to play on, so for example a company that is promoting their new protein powder for working out would not choose spend a % of their advertising budget on sending their ads out on content that is about makeup and fashion. So this shows you that certain genres of video will warrant more advertised views per 1,000 views. Most advertisers try to keep their ads form playing on controversial content, hence the recent 'ad-pocolypse' 

Not only that, but there are tiers of adverts, some being low and others being high. Channels that are huge and have a strong presence in Youtube, as well as being family friendly, have easier access to these kinds of adverts. Again, this is not really up to the Youtuber, this is up to the algorithm and the advertisers. 

But as a rough guide, you can expect to get $1 per 1,000 views on any channel. 

He's made around half a million Baht on this one video alone

Screen Shot 2560-07-17 at 4.45.09 PM.png

Edited by JustNo

2 minutes ago, JustNo said:

It's not so cut and dry as that. You get money from Adsense which is run by Google. The ads that play on videos are grouped into categories. The advertisers can choose what kind of videos they do not want their adverts to play on, so for example a company that is promoting their new protein powder for working out would not choose spend a % of their advertising budget on sending their ads out on content that is about makeup and fashion. So this shows you that certain genres of video will warrant more advertised views per 1,000 views. Most advertisers try to keep their ads form playing on controversial content, hence the recent 'ad-pocolypse' 

Not only that, but there are tiers of adverts, some being low and others being high. Channels that are huge and have a strong presence in Youtube, as well as being family friendly, have easier access to these kinds of adverts. Again, this is not really up to the Youtuber, this is up to the algorithm and the advertisers. 

But as a rough guide, you can expect to get $2 per 1,000 views on any channel. 

hum...ThaiVisa should start paying posters, per 50 posts:clap2:

28 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah. That's the ticket. :crazy:

Ever heard of Tom Sawyer and his fence painting?

ts.jpg.3a24bfd9b5ee0794523f53f231087179.jpg

well considering that the TV forum is full of potential Mark Twains and their exquisite prose...why not after all

Guess Tom [or Twain] was a pioneer in Apple © style marketing!

Edited by observer90210

52 minutes ago, bananafish said:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGsvhicQf1Db3I1VfU2qN7A

I haven't watched it but I'm pretty sure it isn't as cancerous as Nate's channel. 

That's impressive , one of her videos posted 6 months ago has more than 2.7 million clicks , and most of them over 500k views. So this girl is actually also a millionaire in Thai baht . Of course Nate was a part of that viral video she made. 

1 minute ago, balo said:

That's impressive , one of her videos posted 6 months ago has more than 2.7 million clicks , and most of them over 500k views. So this girl is actually also a millionaire in Thai baht . Of course Nate was a part of that viral video she made. 

Im just wetting myself with excitement cant wait to watch it!

And another one with 4.8 million views , posted in January .

She must have earned $30000 on that one video alone , she don't need Nate anymore in her life to pay the bills. Good for her! 

On 7/15/2017 at 1:05 AM, Soneva said:

Apart from the obvious dangers involved, and the childish nature of this, it is never okay to destroy or damage Thai money on purpose.   Every coin and note bears an immage of His Majesty the King Rama IX. Destroying money on purpose or handling it disrespectfully is not acceptable behavior.

He stated that no Thai money was used

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Made me look. This one should appeal the lady boy fans out there (you know who you are) --

Oh goody goody another one to watch whilst im sat on tbe throne

The Thai kids must love it , maybe I should upload a 1 hour video of myself drinking coffee dressed up as a ladyboy. All I need is 1 million views. 

4 minutes ago, balo said:

The Thai kids must love it , maybe I should upload a 1 hour video of myself drinking coffee dressed up as a ladyboy. All I need is 1 million views. 

well, say if you burn a dog alive or force a pet dog to fight a dangerous cobra, apparently, it would make you popular amongst some of the brainless followers!!

First, I'm jealous of his ability to yak it up in Thai.  Second, if I was 40 years younger and had youtube available back then, I could see me doing some of the same things as Nate.  Actually, quite innocent stuff, I'd say.

This guy could have been another Andrew Biggs 
 If he use his talent to actually do something good for Thai people.

But no, he just typical of  todays youth from US who would prefer to be useless little smartar$es instead of doing anything usefull

Complete and utter waste of space and oxygen thief

8 hours ago, balo said:

She must have earned $30000 on that one video alone , she don't need Nate anymore in her life to pay the bills. Good for her! 

Depends on the niche and geo... maybe business in the US... but this in TH - hardly $1500 if not much less

8 hours ago, balo said:

Here is a video taken at one of the huge YouTube FanFests in Bangkok, where Nate proposed to his GF.  

She said yes and they got 4,243,649 views on that one video.

I doubt very much she's going to be leaving him anytime soon.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, jeab1980 said:

Could it be! I wonder! Do we have the KH in our midst? Far to quick to defend him and post links to rubish others claims. I wonder if mr food eating poster, is indeed mr KH.

Hahahahah!   I wish I was him.  He's 23 years old, running a successful video production company in Thailand, making millions of baht (and potentially millions of US$).

Whereas I'm just a 50 year old entrepreneur who admires the young guy for being able to make so much money.

15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Hahahahah!   I wish I was him.  He's 23 years old, running a successful video production company in Thailand, making millions of baht (and potentially millions of US$).

Whereas I'm just a 50 year old entrepreneur who admires the young guy for being able to make so much money.

Even though hes a dick head and a animal abuser? 

On 7/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, Machiavelli said:

If I was this fella, I would quit while still ahead.

He should certainly take great care with any video's in the coming year or so... but certainly he shouldn't quit with that much cash coming in.

I won't be watching any more - the last one I saw he gave 5000 baht to the guy he buys Moo Ping from in the soi - just looks like he's working on being a hero. Made the poor guy feel awkward and me thinking it's a cheap shot to make him feel uncomfortable to make a video to bring in another 100,000 cheque... just give him a 100 and tell him to keep the change!

On 17/7/2560 at 8:23 PM, bamukloy said:

This guy could have been another Andrew Biggs 
 If he use his talent to actually do something good for Thai people.

But no, he just typical of  todays youth from US who would prefer to be useless little smartar$es instead of doing anything usefull

Complete and utter waste of space and oxygen thief

Just what is he doing wrong? His vids are informative and funny. There is more science in some of his vids than Isaan kids get taught in all their schooling.

As he matures he will become an icon for the older folk too.

Keep up the good work Nate.

32 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just what is he doing wrong? His vids are informative and funny. There is more science in some of his vids than Isaan kids get taught in all their schooling.

As he matures he will become an icon for the older folk too.

Keep up the good work Nate.

Another load of absolute nonsense. Proving that there is one born everyday even back in the 40/50/60's. 

9 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Another load of absolute nonsense. Proving that there is one born everyday even back in the 40/50/60's.

If you think it's absolute nonsense then say why! This is a debating and information platform. Say what you don't like about Nate.

Edited by owl sees all

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If you think it's absolute nonsense then say why! This is a debating and information platform. Say what you don't like about Nate.

I cant ill get banned suffice to say i dislike anyone who abuses animals for his self gratification and profit will that do. + hes a knob head. 

19 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I cant ill get banned suffice to say i dislike anyone who abuses animals for his self gratification and profit will that do. + hes a knob head.

Well said. Now there's some substance to your post!

Last night on Thai TV there were two bulls locking horns for ages. Both bulls were covered in blood and did not want to continue after 20 minutes or so. The handlers forced them back together. I didn't like it. I'm sure you would not too. This was on one of the major channels.

I've watched about 20 of Nate's vids and they are informative and funny. The one with the scorpion I can't find but I'll agree that it's in bad taste (without watching it).

Edited by owl sees all

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well said. Now there's some substance to your post!

Last night on Thai TV there were two bulls locking horns for ages. Both bulls were covered in blood and did not want to continue after 20 minutes or so. The handlers forced them back together. I didn't like it. I'm sure you would not too. This was on one of the major channels.

I've watched about 20 of Nate's vids and they are informative and funny. The one with the scorpion I can't find but I'll agree that it's in bad taste (without watching it).

We will never agree that any of his pathetic self-indulgent staged videos are in any way informative except to other self deluded people. Whats on TV has no bearing on this topic but no i would not have liked it.

I see no need for you to appoint yourself as some demi god critical of what people put in there posts or indeed to be patronising as at the begining of your post. He the fool in question is without doubt deserving of everything that is coming his way. I dont mean money or better viewing figures however if someone was to video his comeuppance i would expect it to rate higher than his videos

4 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

We will never agree that any of his pathetic self-indulgent staged videos are in any way informative except to other self deluded people. Whats on TV has no bearing on this topic but no i would not have liked it.

I see no need for you to appoint yourself as some demi god critical of what people put in there posts or indeed to be patronising as at the begining of your post. He the fool in question is without doubt deserving of everything that is coming his way. I dont mean money or better viewing figures however if someone was to video his comeuppance i would expect it to rate higher than his videos

I was informing you about a TV programme I watched which for me was far worse than anything Nate has done.

You don't seem to like Nate, or his antics. Youth are the future!!