Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

21 hours ago, MikeN said:

Apparently he is going on a 4 week holiday around the world with his 20y.o. fiancée next month ...... he might find he is not allowed back even if nothing else transpires.

He will get married so he can live in Thailand based on the marriage . They can't kick him out that easily , unless he is breaking the law of course.   

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, starky said:

Mate I think he's an idiot but that doesn't justify a jail sentence IMO. If the Thais want to kick him out up to them I won't miss him. I think a few people might be getting a bit carried away with what to do with this clown but. I didn't see 17 pages of venom getting spit after the bloke that tortured that child with hot water the other day so lets get a bit of perspective eh?

Granted. I don't think the idiot needs to go to jail, but he should have his internet access cut for a year or two. Kick him out for not having a work permit.

Nasty case abusing and torturing a kid and I hope he is dealt with severally, long jail time for sure.

:thumbsup:

22 hours ago, mvdf said:

You have the nerve and audacity to defend this criminal but why would one be surprised when the saying birds of one feather flock together quite aptly applies to people with ill intentions.

This person should be deported. If you come to Asia, behave appropriately and in a manner befitting that of a guest with manners. 

Totally agree. I wish the many people that move to other countries in the world would adhere to that too...

I didn't come here to impose my culture on Thailand (although they do have some problems let's face it) and try my best to fit in and respect the culture.

:wai:

I highly doubt that Thailand would give two hoots if a coin bearing the Queen of England's head was on it. 

To be brutally honest I doubt whether many Englishmen, Scots or Welshmen would give two hoots, including loyal subjects of Her Majesty like me.

20 hours ago, Green Acres said:

Can you back up your statement with any current Thai law/ police order/ immigration order? I would love to see it.

Well If you ask an American living here long enough would probably tell you in details found in this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amity_and_Economic_Relations_(Thailand–United_States)

3 hours ago, nasanews said:

Well If you ask an American living here long enough would probably tell you in details found in this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Amity_and_Economic_Relations_(Thailand–United_States)

I am an expat American who has lived here for 20 years. I had a feeling that you would cite the Treaty of Amity as giving Americans some kind of "edge". You couldn't be more wrong in your assumption and statement. The so-called treaty specifically denies land ownership rights. In fact, for the average expat, the treaty offers absolutely nothing, nothing, and nothing... 

2 minutes ago, Green Acres said:

The so-called treaty specifically denies land ownership rights.

Under the treaty, Thailand restricts American investment from the following fields of business:

6-Owning land.

I heard from a friend that it is under certain space so, if you own your company according to the treaty it means you can buy land.

I hope I am not wrong on this one.

On 2017-07-18 at 8:16 PM, USPatriot said:

Yes and ads can be skipped. Do you have a YouTube channel.. I do

Completely irrelevant. You wrote that people have to click on ads in order for Youtubers to earn money. This is incorrect, as they can make money from people just watching the ads. Again: the fact that people might skip the ads doesn't change the fact that Youtubers can make money without endorsements and people clicking the ads, as long as people watch them.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, nasanews said:

Under the treaty, Thailand restricts American investment from the following fields of business:

6-Owning land.

I heard from a friend that it is under certain space so, if you own your company according to the treaty it means you can buy land.

The treaty if anything benefits large US and Thai multinationals. As usual, your average Joe mistakenly thinks these sorts of high level agreements will offer ordinary folk some special benefits. This is nonsense. Unless you are the likes of CP, General Electric, Boeing etc. forget it. No special privileges for ordinary US/Thai citizens whatsoever.

Edited by jimster

On 7/18/2017 at 5:11 AM, Ulic said:

A harmless dufus. I can't believe he gets this amount of attention and people

actually trying to have him booted from Thailand. Why waste the time.

That's what I was thinking. A bit of an idiot bored out of his mind hence why he finds stupid "projects" like killing animals and smashing coins on train tracks. Interesting that the only thing Thais are asking for is to have him booted out of the country while expats as usual waste time by discussing whether his YouTube videos require a work permit (they don't - receiving advertising revenue from YouTube has got nothing to do with working in Thailand), completely missing the point.

If he actually made positive YouTube videos about everyday life in Thailand like this other middle aged American expat living in Thailand does, nobody outside the sphere of YouTube would know him. He broke the law by performing a stupid prank, much like this 30-something Swiss expat in Singapore did a few years ago who vandalised some trains belonging to the mrt and received a number of lashes of the cane, followed by imprisonment and deportation as a result. The Thai authorities are letting him off the hook lightly in this case - at least a stern warning and a fine would have been more appropriate I think.

On 19/07/2017 at 0:59 PM, nasanews said:

6-Owning land.

You are wrong and your friend is wrong too.

A Treaty of Amity company has no right to own land in Thailand. Not even 1 square wah.

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 7/18/2017 at 2:54 AM, observer90210 said:

HYPOTHESIS

A poor kid sees the jerk smeering his coins on a track, ......

after the show the kid runs on the track to search for any coins left and gets killed by a train....

what will you tell the kids parents?   That is was all a "misunderstanding??????"

I'd explain to them what natural selection is.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, jimster said:

expats as usual waste time by discussing whether his YouTube videos require a work permit (they don't - receiving advertising revenue from YouTube has got nothing to do with working in Thailand),

Incorrect.. the labour and employment officers have been 100% consistent on this

http://www.phuketgazette.net/issuesanswers/Is-uploading-videos-YouTube-considered-work/1532

If you make the videos while in Thailand, and or turn the ads on while in Thailand.. Its working. Only if you only claim the ad revenue for videos made outside Thailand and turned on before you enter the country, is it residual income.

Simple to understand.

Edited by LivinLOS

I don't know, what annoys people the most, his silly videos or the fact that he is making money out of it? As I age and get grumpier about the stupidity of youth I try to remind myself that I was no angel in my younger days either...

1 hour ago, Rancid said:

I don't know, what annoys people the most, his silly videos or the fact that he is making money out of it? As I age and get grumpier about the stupidity of youth I try to remind myself that I was no angel in my younger days either...

I would not be surprised if he is totally different in reality.

It's called acting. It's a business. 

All this stuff with cats and scorpions, coins on the rails etc are not random stupid acts (because the "kid" is crazy). It's a money making scheme with multiple streams of revenues.

7 hours ago, lkv said:

I would not be surprised if he is totally different in reality.

It's called acting. It's a business. 

All this stuff with cats and scorpions, coins on the rails etc are not random stupid acts (because the "kid" is crazy). It's a money making scheme with multiple streams of revenues.

I suppose that's why some of his followers on here call him a "genius"!

Regardless of what I think of Nate....What is the Thai trespass 1921 law? Does that mean crossing over the tracks at non marked crossings? If it is, then I am guilty, as well as tens of thousands every day. What about the people who are camped next to the lines or is this rule just to prosecute a Farlang?......just asking!

Edited by thaiwally

What he did do was destroy the Kings Head on the coins. It is illegal to mess with Thai money by tearing it, or burning it or stepping on it as this is a direct assault against the Thai royalty.  If they want to kick him out of put him in jail, then that is where they need to start. 

Read the OP he was smart enough to use foreign coins as in ones not from Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Celer et Audax said:

Read the OP he was smart enough to use foreign coins as in ones not from Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Read an earlier post - it is a "lese majeste" offence to a "Thai friendly" country to do anything to offend their monarchy i.e. the same rules apply as defacing Thai currency.

On 21-7-2017 at 3:08 PM, blackcab said:

You are wrong and your friend is wrong too.

A Treaty of Amity company has no right to own land in Thailand. Not even 1 square wah.

The bigger you are the more you can do. A very big foreign  (Thai) company, bgrim company (privat company) have lots of influence in thailand.

THey started already in 1878 and now very big in Thailand. 

Though you cant do anything in electricity for instance , they can and as shown Energy, Building & Industrial Systems, Healthcare & Lifestyle, Transportation, Real Estate, Digital. All kind of things a "normal" foreigner cant do in Thailand. Harald Link is the CEO , a philantropist(?).

I bet lots of big foreign (Thai ?) companies are working in Thailand with more power to bend all to them. Money talks.

As i understood you can buy land with a, now , FULLY functional Thai company. Many used this construction in the past, but now 

Thailand is checking more and more when you are new in town.