Not again - Pattaya "Environmental Disaster Zone II"

webfact

Not again - Pattaya "Environmental Disaster Zone II"

1am.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

PATTAYA: -- No sooner has Pattaya recovered from having the filthiest sea in Thailand than the black sludge and effluent are back.

Now questions are being asked by the media about what happened to a large budget to clean up water treatment at the resort.

What was billed as more of an environmental disaster zone than a high class resort last week, is now back to being a cesspit.

Sophon Cable TV said that yesterday a 300 meter stretch of beach around South Pattaya and the old port area was just as bad as ever.

Shamed into action last week the cleaners of the local authority and the military had been out in force.

Now it looks like they will have to come back to continue to do what many in Pattaya fear will be a recurring theme: "Sticking a plaster on a gaping wound".

Sophon cable said that the gaping wound is filthy water, pollution and excrement that is pumped into the sea that is just blown back ashore time and again.

They reported that that the area was as bad as ever yesterday and added some caustic comments as toxic as the pollution stating that 60 million baht was meant to have been spent this year on the pollution of the beaches in the area without any results.

This was part of a 27 million baht EEC fund to upgrade the resorts sewage infrastructure topped up to 60 million by the interior ministry.

Questions are being asked as to how this money was spent. Sophon said the work was all meant to have been completed by July.

Source: STV Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-21

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This was part of a 27 million baht EEC fund to upgrade the resorts sewage infrastructure topped up to 60 million by the interior ministry.

Questions are being asked as to how this money was spent. Sophon said the work was all meant to have been completed by July.

RIP, Sophon Cable TV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sophon cable said that the gaping wound is filthy water, pollution and excrement that is pumped into the sea

I believe they meant 'is pumped into CTIY HALL' ....ooops, I meant CITY Hall - typo - sorry.

• Like 1

It doesnt help when the rubbish was cleaned up, was thrown down drains and places that flushed them back out to the beach...

That rubbish could help in breaking up those turds that float about like chokitos that are flushed out in that "secret spot"

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I don't get your point?

Go to Daytona or Jacksonville Florida after a hurricane & yea there will be seaweed and other biodegradable flotsam, but not plastic bags, bottles, condoms, needles etc washed up on the shore.

It's a DAILY occurrence in Pattaya.

Not making any point, just telling it like it is.

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

Cant believe this crap gets bandwidth,

Its been needing bandwidth for the past 40 years.

I apologize if I didn't catch your original meaning. We all know it's old news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zack61 said:

Not just Pattaya. The whole of south east Asia is the same. No such thing as a nice beach any more. The ocean is a dumping ground, the worlds biggest toilet and the beaches are where it all collects especially when it rains. 

Until we can change people's attitude about how we dispose of waste then we'll be pushing shit uphill with this problem. Good luck and get used to it. 

Agreed.

That's one of the precious few things about the USA I still like. DO NOT LITTER!

• Like 1

Sometimes it's not about the money it is mainly about government taking action and providing a clean environment for the tourists that do go there. What do they think people want to go there and swim in Poo!! 

All those big high-rises and all the hotels on the beachfront should be made to contribute, and the government should come up with a better solution for the area period.

Now it looks like they will have to come back to continue to do what many in Pattaya fear will be a recurring theme: "Sticking a plaster on a gaping wound".

So relieved you didn't use the word "gash"

• Like 2

Further along Beach Road near A One hotel is pretty obnoxious just now. It looks like piles of rubbish have been gathered together for collection later (today?). The sea is a filthy black colour at the shoreline. Tourists getting off boats from Koh Larn are having to wade through this filth to reach the beach. It really casts a blight on the place and cannot be giving the city a good image. I suspect City Hall don't have the resources or knowledge to resolve the problem. It's getting beyond worrying.

4 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

Quick!!!!! Clean the beach so the water goes back to blue.

ehhh.... one for da beach ... anda 2 for me ... one for the beach boss's ... anda a 2 for me .....one for da po po  cappy's anda 3 for me ....and on and on and on .......

Get use to it, it is not going to get better any time soon. With Bangkok upstream and the entire coast line populated, as well as several major rivers. The golf has become the end zone, for the big flush of the entire country,except Phuket they have their own local black beaches. Just because you can't see it on days with wind out of the east doesn't mean it's not there all the time.

It is not crime,clamp downs on bars,political unrest etc. that is going to destroy tourism in Thailand, it is pollution. You may think tourism is going great since the numbers are rising every year but in fact that's part of the problem in other words excitements from 30 million more people pumped straight into the rivers and oceans. 

Thailand wake up before it is too late.

Edited by just.a.thought
  • Like 2