UK visit Visa application form?

One of my wife,s staff has a boyfriend in Manchester and she, and her boyfriend are planning

a visit to UK for her she has, I think, all the necessary paperwork and I was trying to download

and print the application form to help her fill it in but it would appear that you can only fill it out

and submit it online? Is this true or am I, not surprisingly, doing it wrong?

Any help appreciated.

Maybe consider a starting ghost account with an alternative email address, that would allow her to complete the form with alternate detailsand get an idea of the questions asked.
She/you can save the form as you go along, when she's finished it don't submit the form, the system will prompt her to save and download the application to date, she can then prepare the form to her hearts content before she works on the applicant proper.

You can download a partially completed application form while you are completing it online. You don't have to wait for the application to be submitted before you can print it out. 

I have attached a printout of an online visit application that was completed and submitted.  I have deleted the identifying information (sorry that it looks a bit messy. I could have made it look pretty, but it is really just to give you an idea of what is involved) .  The online form is "intuitive", so if you answer "yes" to a question, it will bring up another question. So your form (or another applicant's form) may have different questions. For instance, where it asks if you have any other (previous) passport, and you answer "yes", it asks for details of the previous passport. If you answer "no", then you don't get asked for further details.

Sample online visa application form.pdf

1 hour ago, darren1971 said:

It is an online application, you download and print it off after it is completed and paid for.

I realise that Darren that was the reason for my op to find out if there was

any way to print the application to enable me to walk her through it.

Tony M has come up with a solution.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony M said:

You can download a partially completed application form while you are completing it online. You don't have to wait for the application to be submitted before you can print it out. 

I have attached a printout of an online visit application that was completed and submitted.  I have deleted the identifying information (sorry that it looks a bit messy. I could have made it look pretty, but it is really just to give you an idea of what is involved) .  The online form is "intuitive", so if you answer "yes" to a question, it will bring up another question. So your form (or another applicant's form) may have different questions. For instance, where it asks if you have any other (previous) passport, and you answer "yes", it asks for details of the previous passport. If you answer "no", then you don't get asked for further details.

Sample online visa application form.pdf

Many thanks Tony that is just the ticket now I can explain to her what's what thanks.

Thanks to you too theoldgit for your help.