DavidShield Health Insurance??

roufma

Hi, I'm considering to buy DavidSheild Health Insurance assuming it would be easier for claiming OP (David Card). 

Wondering if anyone has any insights about their service especially in context to Thailand. 

Also, has anyone yet find a luck to cover high blood pressure as a pre-existing under the policy?

Presumably, no local provider would agree to do so.  

Does Cigna Global be accepted for direct billing (OP) here in the big hospitals?

Thanks guys.  

Quite often pre existing conditions will be covered after a waiting period of 2 years or so.

David Shields seems to be an israeli company, as such I very much doubt they will be able to provide good service 'in context to Thailand'.

Edited by stevenl

Obviously there is not any first person knowledge yet (and likely will not be) but do not believe many foreign insurance providers have direct billing for OP services - most require contact to even arrange for IP (if they even provide any direct billing service).  It is pay as you go and submit bills for reimbursement for most non Thai insurance.

I suspect direct contact with the insurance company would be your best source of information for Thailand procedures.  Perhaps follow that up with contact with an agent selling different plans to confirm (although you may get different stories).

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...