Yello Tabien and (pink ID card ID card

jeab1980

Yellow Tabien and (pink) ID card  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

worth acquiring, because you need it for getting the Pink ID card which I used many times already in police checks, getting Thai prices, registering SIM card to it instead of passport or showing ID in post office.

For me, really not at the moment.  Did consider it but not really sure what benefit to me there might be over a Thai driving licence, especially given the hassle of getting one, but primarily because it's valid only in the area of issue and I've moved 3 times in 3 years to different provinces and still not sure where I might end up, though BKK is high on the list.

30 minutes ago, HTC said:

I would like both, but my amphoe wants 30,000 baht "tea money" for them. No chance I'm going to pay that. I will leave it a while and try again some day.

What a bunch of corrupt Thai officials!!!..In which Amphoe are these thieves working at?....Did you go alone for the formalities or did you have 1 or 2 Thai's accompany you? (The corrupt are always afraid of witnesses).

Edited by observer90210

What documentation is required to obtain both 

Yellow Tabien and pink ID card.  Thanks

You need to enquire at your Amphur, it can vary from just a passport up to ( in my case ) certified copy of passport by embassy, then translated and certified by MFA, translation of birth certificate, translation of Decree Nisi, and that's just for Yellow book and i believe in some cases a couple of witnesses are required to state you live there.

It's a lottery, I hope you strike lucky, I haven't managed to yet [emoji20]

Translation off passport can be done with someone who has a degree in English. So if you have a friend who is an English teacher then it saves having to pay a fee. Either that, or you can just get your Mrs to translate it and just pay for the actual stamp at many  translation places (saves time and money). 

Seems this step is a step that puts many people off sometimes.

13 hours ago, HTC said:

I would like both, but my amphoe wants 30,000 baht "tea money" for them. No chance I'm going to pay that. I will leave it a while and try again some day.

Get some evidence (video), and complain to the Complains Tribunal in each province. It is something good the army has actually done to hit small time corruption. Case is heard by the military and lawyers (tribunal type place). 

Mrs got taken there by a member of the public regarding another case (not corruption), she had to prove she followed the law (which she did). It is one place 'most' officials are scared of. So if it is within your legal right to get the book/card, then the Office will be ordered to give it to you. 

My tambien baan was 20 baht, ID card was 100 baht. Went with copies of my passport, wife signed a document. A bit less than an hour, all up. ID is sweet for getting on planes, signing up for SIM cards. Tambien Baan is your proof of residence, comes in handy when renewing driver's license and such.

1 minute ago, lungbing said:

Khon Kaen was very easy.  My only gripe was that the photo they took of me was very over-exposed and you can barely see me against the background.

never mind a bit more lippy may help 

On 07/08/2017 at 10:20 PM, Here2008 said:

Can you name this Amphoe ? 

Samui :-(

My wife and I went in to the office. The lady at the counter said "The person in charge is busy today, I'll call you later."

She called when we were back at home with information of this "bargain" price.

I have had my yellow book for nearly 8 years and has come in useful in many occasions. The most beneficial probably being able to attend the mobile health clinic and get injections at the local hospital, these free services are normally restricted to local residents and I have seen Thais turned away because of their address. The pink card is very convenient form of ID.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:19 PM, flexomike said:

Used both today, tabien bahn at the bank and Pink ID card at the post office, only had these for one week and they have already paid off, got both for free, only cost was for passport translation

Although I dont doubt your statements I cant see them as necessary. My post office never asks for ID, I already have 2 Thai bank accounts. I have never carried my passport or even a copy on me in all my years cruising around Thailand. Only ID I have ever shown outside of my passport once to open said bank accounts is my Aussie drivers license. I know some like to make a big deal about getting house books, Thai ID cards and drivers licenses and if it does help your life here thats great but they are by no means important for doing anything here IMHO

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Although I dont doubt your statements I cant see them as necessary. My post office never asks for ID, I already have 2 Thai bank accounts. I have never carried my passport or even a copy on me in all my years cruising around Thailand. Only ID I have ever shown outside of my passport once to open said bank accounts is my Aussie drivers license. I know some like to make a big deal about getting house books, Thai ID cards and drivers licenses and if it does help your life here thats great but they are by no means important for doing anything here IMHO

I think only useful re proof of address and getting into the odd place at Thai price. Re opening phone accounts etc, many of the places have never even heard of the card so it is really hit and miss. The Mrs only wants to get them for proof of address, but yes, I also think a lot of it is one big look at me, 'i have this book, you don't'. 

Also have 2 bank accounts, and have never taken my passport out of the house, other than visiting Immigration. Hospital and banks I use Thai drivers license as ID. According to the Mrs, she seems to think they are very easy to get, the biggest problem is having to take some time off work to actually get them though. At the moment, their worth is less than the annoying factor of having to take a couple hours off work - which maybe puts things into perspective in our situation anyway. 

I had to get my Aus passport and our Aus marriage certificate translated and certified by Aus embassy and

some Thai Gov Dept in Bangkok

The process at the local District  Office was very quick and smooth after a small brown envelope was lodged

I have found it very useful all over Thailand and recently when registering a new car saved having to obtain the residency certificate from Immigration

Intresting result. Given that every time the topic of yellow books comes up its usually full of negative remarks about them, soit would seem  the 13.04% no voters are more active in threads about the book than the 68.12% yes voters.

I am not sure if people are all that negative about the actual documents, as you can get through life in Thailand without them. So they do not see the point of the repetitive discussions about them. They are not a required document to have so many people really couldn't care less about it. Continually hearing about it possibly causes the negativity to the subject, not the actual physical documents. 

Edited by wildewillie89

I have a yellow book and now I want to apply for a pink non Thai ID card. I have tried to search for a photo of this card on the forum that was recently shown but can't find it. I want to show the local Ampor a sample of this card to avoid long conversations with them. Can someone display a copy for me and others who may wish to apply. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect