Video: Welcome to Thai Road Rage: "My car's more expensive than yours!"

snoop1130

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Idiot. There is a community of fortuner drivers in Thailand. This nutcase just gives us a bad name. A fortuner is not even a hiso expensive vehicle. 

The way they are driven on the 7 would make one think otherwise...!!!

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The poster of the clip parked his car that was rear ended

So the fortuner guy was the one who caused the accident? What a dick. "How dare you make me crash into the back of your car!"

So glad I don't have to drive in Thailand. 

I guess for the average Thai it is pang. But nothing to be arrogant about. Is any thing? Only a thing. Not like it makes you a better person. Obviously not in this case.

In the States a driver of a Bentley sports car backed into the side of my van. His opinion was that my van wasn't deserving of him paying for the damage. Arrogant A--holes are everywhere.

12 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The Hilux and the Fortuner both share the same chassis, transmission and engines.

They are the same pick-up based platform in the older and new generations. 

The US Toyota 4Runner is a completely different vehicle. 

Ah yes, the once mighty Hilux ruled the bush supreme in Australia, now have become a city vehicle, all flash. How the mighty has fallen!

scrawny sickly looking legs.  While I am not amazed because human nature is strong, but still put off by how much materialism shows up in this supposedly buddhist country.  There literally is a caste system in place in Thailand  You have stuff you are better than those that don't have stuff

Pathetic choice of vehicles in Thailand. Thais view Fortuners as status symbols. In the U.S. they're one choice among dozens and dozens of SUVS and no more prestigious than a Camry. Of course, Thais and Malaysians also think you've arrived if you drive one of those, or a Honda Accord.

9 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

Pathetic choice of vehicles in Thailand. Thais view Fortuners as status symbols. In the U.S. they're one choice among dozens and dozens of SUVS and no more prestigious than a Camry. Of course, Thais and Malaysians also think you've arrived if you drive one of those, or a Honda Accord.

I have a Fortuner, serves its purpose well.  

"My car is more expensive than yours!!!  Don't mention that I am 9 months behind on the payments so I can't think of contacting the insurance company, nor can I look after my family property because of all the debt.

It sure looks cool in the village parked next to my sh1tty little rented house though!  And it is kept very clean because the kids don't go to school and can wash it every day!"

Fortuner is an expensive car? My foot! It is just a soup-up pick up chassis with more sheet metals covering it. It is for those who cannot afford the real German SUVs but trying to show off by having a larger body sized car. Enough of this?

4 hours ago, wvavin said:

Fortuner is an expensive car? My foot! It is just a soup-up pick up chassis with more sheet metals covering it. It is for those who cannot afford the real German SUVs but trying to show off by having a larger body sized car. Enough of this?

1) It is for those who cannot afford the real German SUVs

So I have a pragmatic vehicle that fits within my means

2) trying to show off by having a larger body sized car

"Larger body size" is considered a "thing?"   I didn't know that.  We have a large family, and we needed the space, and I wasn't attracted to a van, so we got something we could afford.

18 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Idiot. There is a community of fortuner drivers in Thailand. This nutcase just gives us a bad name. A fortuner is not even a hiso expensive vehicle. 

Fortuner drivers already have a bad name....................especially owners of the black ones.....

18 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Well it is if you are a Farmer because it is only a tarted up agricultural vehicle solely based on a pick up with the driving dynamics of a tractor.