Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled Thailand for Singapore - report

webfact

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, namoi said:

IF YL has hit the toe all she has to do is stay in hiding the bro can get online and demand to know what has happened to sis, were is she and who has her, that would get the pot back on the boil.

What?

She has fled the scene (not exactly unusual) not been kidnapped.

Her face is too well known to hide for long and pretend.

Get a grip.

Lawyers for Ms Yingluck said she was unable to attend due to ill health.

If she is indeed in Singapore & can be proved she was there at the time of the court session, then her lawyers should be prosecuted for perjury!!

3 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

International media have reported she is safe and sound in Dubai and has been for a couple days

Good news and funny the Police and Army let her 'slip through' their greasy fingers?  no one stationed around her house then?  what a farce

17 hours ago, Dave67 said:

19 Military coups would indicate that is incorrect

19 military coups saving the country from corrupt politicians. And after 19 tries they still haven't managed it. Corruption is what runs this country and all the time they allow the corrupt to flee with the countries wealth it always shall.

7 minutes ago, Keesters said:

19 military coups saving the country from corrupt politicians. And after 19 tries they still haven't managed it. Corruption is what runs this country and all the time they allow the corrupt to flee with the countries wealth it always shall.

Don't worry the corrupt have not fled they are tucked up in bed ready for another day's work.

29 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Lawyers for Ms Yingluck said she was unable to attend due to ill health.

If she is indeed in Singapore & can be proved she was there at the time of the court session, then her lawyers should be prosecuted for perjury!!

Why? Lawyers are just (expert) mouthpieces for their clients. The next prosecution should be for the junta guy overseeing the police, for gross negligence in allowing corruption to occur. 

4 minutes ago, StealthEnergiser said:

do they read the verdict in her absence ?

It's obvious they should but that would just justify her escape from the Junta. They will wait a month hoping that it's not so relevant then.

Edited by LannaGuy

8 hours ago, Elkski said:

I just start learning about Thailand 18 months ago.  I'm sure she didn't need a passport to get out.   I assume most of the posters here are fairly well educated and worldly.   I find it intriguing how half support Yingluck and half the junta?    I'm still forming my opinion.   I do dispise censorship that I read the junta does.  But so does TV. 

It's not 50/50 at all among the foreigners I mingle with (mostly mid-career professionals).   Nearly all support the democratic process, which is a very different thing from supporting Yingluck.  I don't know a single foreigner here who believes the current junta represents anything other than a power grab.   You just get a very vocal minority here (and Thailand attracts probably more very weird men than any country) so that's useless for determining the relative size of the camps.  

15 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Should confiscate all their Thai family assets if found guilty...

another "no accountability" feather in their hat 

I disagree.  Happy she got away from this corrupt government and dishonest court system.

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Don't worry the corrupt have not fled they are tucked up in bed ready for another day's work.

And they are ready to suck the last baht out of the masses' pockets to make it their own, to deposit the country's (former) wealth in Swiss bank accounts, condos in Dubai, and football clubs in England...

2 hours ago, Lingba said:

...and yet she can easily and gracefully walk through immigration at the airport and the departure gate with no problem

"Senior police official Sriwara Rangsibhramakul told CNN that there was no official record of Yingluck leaving the country, which would suggest she slipped into a neighbouring country first by crossing over a land border.  Asked if it was possible she fled via a natural land border, Rangsibhramakul would only say: "That is possible."  "

The above, reported by CNN 9-hours-ago, suggests that you may be mistaken.  :wink: 

21 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

It is a sad commentary on the justice system when one has to flee the country of their birth to escape the biased and greedy politicos.  

She was at the core of this biased and greedy political system.  LOL