Pattaya employees warned about corruption

Rimmer

Pattaya employees warned about corruption

1256-n5-City.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya employees were warned about the consequences of corruption during a briefing by the Anti-Money Laundering Office.

Suntara Polthrai, director of the Lawsuit and Special Legal Measures Office at the Chonburi AMLO, shed light on penalties and advice on how to avoid being involved in corruption.

The seminar aimed to raise awareness that a clean and corruption-free city is managed from within. City administrators act as pillars to all establishments and if they fail to come clean then issues are likely to occur. Administrators must operate within guidelines given in order to create trust and good governance, Suntara said.

The Anti-Money Laundering Act was enacted in 1999 and amended in 2008.

Under provisions of the act, it is considered a crime to transfer, convert or receive the transfer of funds or property arising from the above targeted criminal offenses for the purpose of concealing the source of such funds.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-employees-warned-corruption-184209

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-08-26

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Suntara Polthrai, director of the Lawsuit and Special Legal Measures Office at the Chonburi AMLO, shed light on penalties and advice on how to avoid being involved in corruption.

He missed the chance to hand out amulets for protection against corruption.  

THE joke of the year, just crafted - well done! See the rampant misuse of absolutely everything.

Traffic lights along the railway track as well as all of them around Nongprue municipality = none ever worked. 
Siam Country Road; no African state managed such a misuse of public funds leaving the job unfinished for years.
Roundabout on North Pattaya Road leading into Beach road - same same.

The underpass, the waste water plant, the ripped-open pavements, smelly sewers and ever-clogged drainage.
Girliebars and Soi 6 are ransacked for money, all seaside establishments on Walking Street have been illegal for decades without anyone even blinking an eye. 

Never ending; Pattaya is on the first page of "your comprehensive guide of how corruption looks like"!

Why is it when Pattaya and Thailand try to clean up their act (as in this case) we get constant stupid posts decrying the efforts and stupid emoticons. 

Edited by Rimmer
Profane troll comment removed

21 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Why is it when Pattaya and Thailand try to clean up their act (as in this case) we get constant stupid posts decrying the efforts and stupid emoticons.  Just fxxx off to another country if you dont like it

I have but I still like to watch and laugh at the sideshow and comment when I wish to. 

I do think that some of the corruption in Thailand has been stopped but I fear that after elections, it will be back. 

16 minutes ago, rosst said:

I have but I still like to watch and laugh at the sideshow and comment when I wish to. 

I do think that some of the corruption in Thailand has been stopped but I fear that after elections, it will be back. 

I was'nt even aware it had gone away!

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

New concepts are introduced by the power of imagery so that the prejudices of a thousand men are appealled to quicker than the time it takes to convince one man by logic ..

Rumour and gossip have got halfway around the world before the truth has even got is pants on, Mark Twain (I think).

The appeal of sensation is strong.

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Why is it when Pattaya and Thailand try to clean up their act (as in this case) we get constant stupid posts decrying the efforts and stupid emoticons. 

Please explain who exactly is trying to clean up this country?

Surely you do not believe what you posted. If you do you are the only 1.

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

It would be laudable if they really did try but it's a 'don't get caught thing'

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

THE joke of the year, just crafted - well done! See the rampant misuse of absolutely everything.

Traffic lights along the railway track as well as all of them around Nongprue municipality = none ever worked. 
Siam Country Road; no African state managed such a misuse of public funds leaving the job unfinished for years.
Roundabout on North Pattaya Road leading into Beach road - same same.

The underpass, the waste water plant, the ripped-open pavements, smelly sewers and ever-clogged drainage.
Girliebars and Soi 6 are ransacked for money, all seaside establishments on Walking Street have been illegal for decades without anyone even blinking an eye. 

Never ending; Pattaya is on the first page of "your comprehensive guide of how corruption looks like"!

Agreed, and it all starts from the very top & works it's way down the ladder... employees only get the scraps left over from the top table after feeding time is over!!

Corruption is endemic in Thailand, it's nationwide in every tambon, where there's a hint of money to be made you'll find a source of corruption, from those trying to make a buck to live to those at the top of the food chain who want to control it!

Thailand will never be free from corruption because the will of the "influential people" is not to cut off the source of their own income !!

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Agreed, and it all starts from the very top & works it's way down the ladder... employees only get the scraps left over from the top table after feeding time is over!!

Corruption is endemic in Thailand, it's nationwide in every tambon, where there's a hint of money to be made you'll find a source of corruption, from those trying to make a buck to live to those at the top of the food chain who want to control it!

Thailand will never be free from corruption because the will of the "influential people" is not to cut off the source of their own income !!

agreed, and the source seems to stem from a twisted morality; to the corrupter, corruption is not 'wrong', it is normal, it is clever