Woman slightly injured as Ferrari rams concrete barrier in Bangkok

webfact

Woman slightly injured as Ferrari rams concrete barrier

By The Nation

e6ff564855017d9d4a1a6117a814fff5.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A woman was slightly injured when her red Ferrari F430 car crashed into a concrete road barrier early on Thursday in Bangkok.

Wisana Asavasopon, 49, managed to extricate herself from the damaged car and testified to police after the accident at 2am on a road along the Second Infantry Battalion of the 11th Infantry Regiment in the capital’s Bang Khen district.

Wisana said she was heading home after visiting a friend in the Ram-Indra area and she felt unconscious briefly and crashed into the barrier.

The crash impact wrecked the car’s bonnet. 

Police said there was no sign on the car’s wheels to show the driver had applied the brakes.

There are about 15 Ferrari F430 in Thailand and each is worth about Bt16 million. The car was towed to the Bang Khen Police Station pending the insurance claim process.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30325369

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-31

What is it with drivers of these cars? I am not a cheap guy and when I buy a big ticket item, I look after it and keep it out of the hands of children etc.

Is it out of tantrum or not being able to drive? Perhaps they should start these people out with a low-powered diesel car first . . .

4 minutes ago, Proboscis said:

What is it with drivers of these cars? I am not a cheap guy and when I buy a big ticket item, I look after it and keep it out of the hands of children etc.

Is it out of tantrum or not being able to drive? Perhaps they should start these people out with a low-powered diesel car first . . .

How do you know it was not her car ?

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Pure apathy from the BiB... absolutely laziness and an unwillingness to do anything other than extract a few baht from poor people on motorcycles

It could also be wariness. For the police to charge, a sergeant or above is going to have to make the call. The officer has put in years of service and paid good money to get where he has got. He cannot afford to make enemies with rich and powerful people who can get him moved to a desk job ( read : job with no income ). It is get in quick, take what is offered and shut everything down quickly in these cases with seriously wealthy drunk drivers.

1 hour ago, Proboscis said:

A bicycle with stabilizers would be a better start for them

Ferrari F430 - the typical housewife's car - towing it to the police station and getting the insurance over -OR- getting the insurance over, simultaneously flipping the breathalyzer and towing her to the police station's sobering-up cell while the car can be considered ...... toast!

Should have used a Thai car, as shown enclosed ;-) You cannot show-off with the car though 

img_1.jpeg

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

what model merc or BMW do you have then ?

Since my brother got rid of his "Merc" he has become a lot less sensitive to comments about them being a bit "common".

He still has an X5 though, so comments about "Beemers" being driven by bullies are not passed.

:smile:

Edited by Enoon

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Since my brother got rid of his "Merc" he has become a lot less sensitive to comments about them being a bit "common".

He still has an X5 though, so comments about "Beemers" being driven by bullies are not passed.

:smile:

so you dont have one and dose your brother own his in Thailand?:smile:

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

She felt unconscious briefly!!

More likely she passed out from drink.

49 year old air-head driving at 2am, passes out..i reckon the demon liquor too...ferrari nothing to do with it.

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

what model merc or BMW do you have then ?

Sounds like I've hit a nerve. I dont, they're overpriced here. All I'm saying is there are loads of them on the road so they don't turn heads as much as super cars. When you're in the west do you stop and look at every Merc or BMW? The only beamer that has turned my head here recently has been the i8. Jaguars catch my eye though, Lotus, Alpha's etc due to their rarity.

12 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It could also be wariness. For the police to charge, a sergeant or above is going to have to make the call. The officer has put in years of service and paid good money to get where he has got. He cannot afford to make enemies with rich and powerful people who can get him moved to a desk job ( read : job with no income ). It is get in quick, take what is offered and shut everything down quickly in these cases with seriously wealthy drunk drivers.

Inactive post or desk job means you miss out on the "perks" and just get the miserable salary (for the low positions).

Nevertheless the cops should do the job no matter who it involves. Alco/drugs test is a MUST.

Bose woman gets off with a backhander from the ATM.

Lucky this time nobody was injured.

Same song different day...

:guitar:

Well in the case of a Ferrari, putting your foot down really does mean move off quickly........

A breathalyser check would have been in order....

In fact confiscation of her driver's licence until it can be determined whether she is fit to drive seeing how she suffers from bouts of sudden unexplained unconsciousness.

6 hours ago, alien365 said:

Sounds like I've hit a nerve. I dont, they're overpriced here. All I'm saying is there are loads of them on the road so they don't turn heads as much as super cars. When you're in the west do you stop and look at every Merc or BMW? The only beamer that has turned my head here recently has been the i8. Jaguars catch my eye though, Lotus, Alpha's etc due to their rarity.

yes you did hit a nerve and yes they are over priced here.

In the west, BMW or  a Benz are reps cars, we are talking about in Thailand.

if you can afford either a BMW or a Mercedes in Thailand go for it you cant take the money with you when you die, ive had a Benz convertible and a BMW convertible here and both cars turned a lot of heads. you wont know that until you own, will you.:cheesy:

Edited by catman20

Breathalyzer? Are you folks serious? This is Thailand's Elite Class! For the RTP this is a money making opportunity.

First, get rid of the evidence! Tow the car and empty the liquor/beer bottles and glasses. No drinking in this car!

Second, give the lady a ride home and put her to bed! Instruct her in two days report to the RTP station with her

brown envelopes. We'll have a photo OP! Third, have a doctor testify the lady had a migraine and fell asleep. No one hurt!

RTP Happy! The lady, well she'll buy a new Ferrari with her insurance money!