Nana - haven for foreign mafia doesn't look like Thailand any more

webfact

Nana is where the post office once used by the British Embassy to cash money orders is located, as I recall.

This thread might therefore go some way towards explaining why the Embassy abruptly stopped accepting money orders as a means of paying for income confirmation letters, etc!

• Like 1

O.K. I agree, kick the Nigerian scammers out, the Russian mobsters, the drug dealers, as well as the Russian and African prostitutes......

But please leave the Middle Eastern restaurateurs around Soi 3 alone. Their kitchens are absolutely spotlessly clean, the chefs dressed in clean white uniforms, and the food is delicious. No doubt they all have the required licenses too. When I'm in Bangkok, I eat every meal in that area.

Those Syrian Gang involved and runs all illegal biz at nana area ( drugs , scaming , copy brands , fake proteins , credit card scaming, human trafficking,... ) , they setup this case after the last raid for human trafficking at nana to shut down everyone who helps police to knows about them.

7 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"They described a place of different skin colors, hair colors and a wide variety of nations - but these are not tourists spending money in the kingdom."

How dare they come here and not spend money!  Deport them, immediately!

Farlangs  CCs  ,  send them to Isaan , birds of a feather etc.

Ah yes. Another day in paradise? Money talks and oils the wheels. Lets just say rules can be bent with a bit of money. So where is the surprise? The area has always been a magnet for foreigners, and if you want to experience real Thailand there is plenty of other places to go. Must admit the area is not my cup of tea and not a place I have visited in a long time. Suppose it caters for all those millions of tourists Thailand wants?

• Like 1

Last time I was in the area the pavements were totally blocked by locals trying to scratch a living selling junk to tourists and scrounging... and what nationality are these corrupt authorities? Anyhow, I shall stay further up Sukhumvit when I visit next.

Shame, have fond memories from that area in early 1980s.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

This sentence leaves out an important word. It is printed as this:

"They cited largely unspecified information that bribes of 30,000 baht were being demanded from illegal people to trade in the area. Some were involved in human trafficking and trades like selling meat, they said."

Whereas it should read:

"They cited largely unspecified information that bribes of 30,000 baht were being demanded from illegal people to trade in the area. Some were involved in human trafficking and trades like selling street meat, they said."

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Time for Google translate ! :coffee1:

Not Really! I'll translate! The RTP, the men in brown shirts, take money from from foreigners to open and operate businesses on Soi Nana! The brown envelopes are picked up by the RTP, the men in brown shorts, on a weekly basis.The money goes to the local RTP bosses to be distributed among the ranks as bonuses. Now that's a pretty good google translation. Amazing Thailand.

Edited by tomwct
  • Like 1

those that operate nana, soi cowboy and patpong are very high up police and generals, that is why nothing is ever done about those areas.

There was once when a friend was waiting for a taxi on Soi 4, a guard saw her waiting across the street, as a taxi pass by, the guard waved down the taxi and ask her to come over and take it from opposite the street, the friend thought the guard was being nice. The guard then ask my friend where she is going, then proceeded to open the door for her and tell the taxi, my friend sense something was not right, told the guard, no meter no go in Thai. The guard laughed, closed the door and my friend walked away.  It seems like a lot of the guards on that street also prey on foreigners and tourists, trying to make any money they can.

If they can remove the red light district there, IF, the value of that area would increase and probably be as expensive as ploenchit and langsuan road. It would be a great place.

16 hours ago, johng said:

Why are the hands of the "prisoner" in the OP blurred out ? I mean everyone can see he is in handcuffs why blur it out ?
Anti Sado-masochist fetish promotion...like the anti beer promotion maybe ?

after road accidents the show dismembered Body's and body parts , but the pixelate if someone is smoking or drinking alcohol something is wrong with this society