Smoking in enclosed Pattaya area restaurants

Jingthing

11 hours ago, The manic said:

The vast majority of people do not smoke. It is a habit of the ignorant and obdurate. It is an indefensible habit which severely damages the health of the smoker and the people around him. It stinks and no smoker has a right to impose their  filth on other people. It's nauseating. People who think otherwise are deluded. If people wish to smoke then they can do so at home. Nothing clever, crown, up about smokers. JUst silly sick souls lacking in character, with gurgling coughs, hacking and sneezing their dirt on to other people....and not understanding why we hate the chimneys! 

You are an admirable fellow, but I feel it must be the greatest boon, not to be as perfect as you.  Happily, I don't claim to be 'clever',

'crown', or 'up about smoking',  whatever you mean by that.  I just know that one mans meat is another mans poison. 

Sadly, I believe that you were born too early, it may be 1000 years before you find your perfect society.  However, for the time being you will have to put up with Pattaya noise, smells, drunks, pollution, drugs, murders, suicides, theft, lies, bribery, debauchery, accidents, bad drains, intollerance, and different people. Good luck with that....  Meanwhile, lets hope the fun goes on for the indefensible sinners.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/3/2017 at 3:15 AM, The manic said:

The vast majority of people do not smoke. It is a habit of the ignorant and obdurate. It is an indefensible habit which severely damages the health of the smoker and the people around him. It stinks and no smoker has a right to impose their  filth on other people. It's nauseating. People who think otherwise are deluded. If people wish to smoke then they can do so at home. Nothing clever, crown, up about smokers. JUst silly sick souls lacking in character, with gurgling coughs, hacking and sneezing their dirt on to other people....and not understanding why we hate the chimneys! 

You should quit trading with bars, restaurants and other places that allow smoking.

12 hours ago, mogandave said:

You should quit trading with bars, restaurants and other places that allow smoking.

Right just let these disgusting lowlife cigarette smokers have the place.

Edited by morrobay
Add

The reason that indoor bars and restaurants allow smoking is they think that stopping smoking will loose them money.

I had a friend, a none smoker who ran a bar/restaurant who said that he couldn't risk loosing smoking customers.

When the law changed & he had to comply he found his customer base increased.

And the profits increased by over 130%.

21 minutes ago, edd said:

The reason that indoor bars and restaurants allow smoking is they think that stopping smoking will loose them money.

I had a friend, a none smoker who ran a bar/restaurant who said that he couldn't risk loosing smoking customers.

When the law changed & he had to comply he found his customer base increased.

And the profits increased by over 130%.

Exactly. Most business owners are morons. The only way they will get the message is to quit trading with them. 

Well, I think it depends on the customer base. Like if a place caters mostly to a heavy smoking nationality I think they'll lose business to ban smoking. But if it's a more general clientele, I think most prefer to get to taste their food. 

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Exactly. Most business owners are morons. The only way they will get the message is to quit trading with them. 

As a smoker, I agree...smoking must be after dining, and should be outside, its just good manners.

Actually, I can't remember seeing anyone smoking whilst they are eating..must be a strange and skillful task

7 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Actually, I can't remember seeing anyone smoking whilst they are eating..must be a strange and skillful task

I had a friend who used to do it back when Thailand was wide open. I found it absolutely disgusting and avoided eating with him, but this kind of behavior was fairly common before smoking in restaurants became against the law. Anyway, he died at a fairly young age and I've always thought that smoking non-stop is probably what caused it. RIP.

10 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I had a friend who used to do it back when Thailand was wide open. I found it absolutely disgusting and avoided eating with him, but this kind of behavior was fairly common before smoking in restaurants became against the law. Anyway, he died at a fairly young age and I've always thought that smoking non-stop is probably what caused it. RIP.

In Pattaya there are too many causes of death... hopefully balanced by too many causes of happiness.

Sorry for your friend.

7 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Ting is here it becomes a topic for Control Freaks to bleat, when its only health issue..Cant say Smokers have bothered me much , now Sweaty Folks can turn me into an Arm Waftin Woozie.?emoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thai ladies must love the 'Mai Abnham' [even it I can't spell it]

On 10/5/2017 at 11:34 AM, morrobay said:

Right just let these disgusting lowlife cigarette smokers have the place.

I find your comment rather strange calling smokers low-life....

Why do you think smokers are low-life....?

http://stars.topix.com/slideshow/15069/slide16

Plus Winston Churchill...

Edited by transam

4 hours ago, transam said:

I find your comment rather strange calling smokers low-life....

Why do you think smokers are low-life....?

http://stars.topix.com/slideshow/15069/slide16

Plus Winston Churchill...

As I'm a smoker, I hope he isn't referring to me, but I think he means smokers that smoke in  restaurants..I notice that the celebrities in the slides are all smoking outside, which is fair enough.  

[I guess your Transam beats my Mercedes sidecar].

On 10/3/2017 at 4:45 AM, The manic said:

It stinks and no smoker has a right to impose their  filth on other people. It's nauseating. People who think otherwise are deluded. If people wish to smoke then they can do so at home. Nothing clever, crown, up about smokers. JUst silly sick souls lacking in character, with gurgling coughs, hacking and sneezing their dirt on to other people....and not understanding why we hate the chimneys! 

The location Pattaya, not 50 years ago whem doctors smoked. The morning i referred to lowlifes i had wine hangover and was coughing from second hand smoke at entrance to Central/Tops supermarket. From lowlife cigarette smokers.

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

The location Pattaya, not 50 years ago whem doctors smoked. The morning i referred to lowlifes i had wine hangover and was coughing from second hand smoke at entrance to Central/Tops supermarket. From lowlife cigarette smokers.

A team of scientists led by Professor Ulrich John, of the University Medicine Greifswald, Germany, has shown that alcohol consumption is more dangerous than cigarettes.

The research followed 149 alcohol-dependent adults for 14 years and showed:

Alcoholics die 20 years earlier than the general public

People dependent on alcohol live shorter lives than do smokers,

Women are at much greater risk of death than men: Alcohol-dependent women suffer death at a rate 4.6 times higher than average.

Heavy drinking will generally kill more quickly than smoking

Results were published in Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research

Also, a certain percentage of drinkers get violent, unreasonable, and...............grumpy!

1 hour ago, talahtnut said:

A team of scientists led by Professor Ulrich John, of the University Medicine Greifswald, Germany, has shown that alcohol consumption is more dangerous than cigarettes.

The research followed 149 alcohol-dependent adults for 14 years and showed:

Alcoholics die 20 years earlier than the general public

People dependent on alcohol live shorter lives than do smokers,

Women are at much greater risk of death than men: Alcohol-dependent women suffer death at a rate 4.6 times higher than average.

Heavy drinking will generally kill more quickly than smoking

Results were published in Alcoholism: Clinical & Experimental Research

Also, a certain percentage of drinkers get violent, unreasonable, and...............grumpy!

Puleeez : So I have 3 or 4 glasses of red wine 2 to 3 times a week and and you assume Im an alcoholic ??

10 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Puleeez : So I have 3 or 4 glasses of red wine 2 to 3 times a week and and you assume Im an alcoholic ??

You are assuming that I am assuming.  Eventually assumptions will outlive their uselessness.

How big were the glasses?...just checking!

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, maybe, but so what?
Alcoholics aren't force feeding booze down your throat while you're trying enjoy your supper. 

No, they run you down driving home. 

I understand people don’t like smokers, but the second hand smoke causing lung disease thing is silly.

23 minutes ago, mogandave said:

No, they run you down driving home. 

I understand people don’t like smokers, but the second hand smoke causing lung disease thing is silly.

It actually isn't. Speaking as someone that grew up with a chain smoking mother.

Parents' Smoking Gives Children Asthma, Wheezing

https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/19991202/parents-smoking-gives-children-asthma#1

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It actually isn't. Speaking as someone that grew up with a chain smoking mother.

Parents' Smoking Gives Children Asthma, Wheezing

https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/19991202/parents-smoking-gives-children-asthma#1

I am speaking as someone who grew up with both a chain-smoking mother and a chain-smoking father.

So with the significant reduction of smoking in the US, particularly in homes with children, has there been a corresponding reduction.in the incidence of asthma in 20-30 year-olds?