Smoking in enclosed Pattaya area restaurants

Jingthing

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

I am speaking as someone who grew up with both a chain-smoking mother and a chain-smoking father.

So with the significant reduction of smoking in the US, particularly in homes with children, has there been a corresponding reduction.in the incidence of asthma in 20-30 year-olds?

Probably not, but after 36 years of research [age of my eldest] I discover, that kids are just getting fatter.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, morrobay said:

and was coughing from second hand smoke at entrance to Central/Tops supermarket. From lowlife cigarette smokers.

Do you have a medical condition? I can understand second hand smoke (outside) being irritating for some non-smokers, but causing coughing?

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, mogandave said:

I am speaking as someone who grew up with both a chain-smoking mother and a chain-smoking father.

So with the significant reduction of smoking in the US, particularly in homes with children, has there been a corresponding reduction.in the incidence of asthma in 20-30 year-olds?

In the UK the incidence of asthma in kids has hugely increased over the last 25 years.  I think the modern day over-sanitised environment is producing a generation of sickly people.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:23 AM, JusticeGB said:

I was in Bruno's Restaurant. The owner wasn't present and one of the waiters asked me if I would object if the people on the table next to me smoked. I told him it was an indoor and air-conditioned area and that I strongly objected to smoking. They lit up anyway. I had finished my meal and deducted the tip. On the way out I told the table that I had informed the Police oh their illegal smoking.  They put out their cigarettes so my bluff worked. 

I am surprised at that.

I'm sure that Freddie (the owner) would not have allowed it had he been present.

There is quite a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke in the bar in Brunos where smoking seems to be permitted if it's raining outside, otherwise smokers usually go outside.

9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

In the UK the incidence of asthma in kids has hugely increased over the last 25 years.  I think the modern day over-sanitised environment is producing a generation of sickly people.

If you google the cause of asthma... scientists dont know.

I imagine that unhealthy chemicals in food production, water supply, and medicines coupled with radiation from all sorts of devices..cant be right.    If I ramble on, I will be accused of being 'conspiracy nut'.

1 hour ago, Encid said:

There is quite a strong smell of stale cigarette smoke in the bar in Brunos where smoking seems to be permitted if it's raining outside,

too stingy to install proper ventilation :sick:

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Do you have a medical condition? I can understand second hand smoke (outside) being irritating for some non-smokers, but causing coughing?

Good grief cant ya all just take things at face value once in a while: From that complete post one person assumes Im an alcoholic ,now you suggest medical condition

Had X rays, negative. But am sensitive to cigarette smoke.Irritating = coughing

Ok, now you've revealed you're particularly sensitive to cigarette smoke I have some sympathy. Otherwise it could have just sounded like a hissy fit.

Apparently particularly sensitive to wine as well, has a couple glasses and wakes up with a hangover...

Denial is not a river in Egypt...