Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

well, i don't know if the American nutter did it in the name of religion, but i don't think banning religions would stop the nutters to act as such.

Just in case you aren't keeping up with current events they still use islam as an excuse to kill. Just don't give them a chance to proliferate Worldwide. Western liberal countries are afraid to offend an entire culture of killers. 

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

And tell that to the non muslims getting murdered anywhere else in the world.

In Egypt, Syria, Nigeria, to name a few.

Besides, who started the upheaval, weren't it the same people attacking police stations, army barracks, schools, civil buildings?

What about the mass graves found?

Dont worry about his statement....The Myanmar People have had enough and are doing something about it....First Country to stand up to it with meaning.... 

They are now giving back some of the crap that's been done to them, that the media forgot to mention previously.....and the world condemns them for it.

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

And tell that to the non muslims getting murdered anywhere else in the world.

In Egypt, Syria, Nigeria, to name a few.

Besides, who started the upheaval, weren't it the same people attacking police stations, army barracks, schools, civil buildings?

What about the mass graves found?

My point is all faiths have their bigots.

It is wrong to judge all on the actions of a few.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

On paper only is the right to freely do it with in some given range.. Here it is Demographics for religions and the main 2 in focus are Buddhism Thai style and Muslim. Buddhist Thais are tolerating the cancer until it enlarges in their sacred area, and more and more Muslim religion is considered becoming a malignancy now. I don't know too many Thais just say Bangkok going up to the North who speak favorable for them. Just like they say Indians smell. Tolerant only up to a point. 

Nonsense.

one thing that amazes me is in the city I live in the number of Muslims have doubled in the last two years, but the amount of work available  has not improved in the last 5 years, but they have no problem paying for items bought if I was home in Aust I could understand but the welfare and free houses does not work the same here

1 hour ago, aonangkrabi said:

1. Chiang Mai is not a muslim region.

2. Centuries of tradition? One century ago they didn't have amplifiers and loudspeakers. Only one man "singing" from the minaret, also a nuisance but more bearable.

Chiang Mai has had a muslim community present for centuries.

My mistake to imply they are a majority, but they have been there longer than such as the poster I replied to.

Edited by Bluespunk

31 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

It's a Buddhist region...are you saying they should change centuries of tradition to suit Islam?

My mistake to imply they are a majority, but they have been there longer than such as the poster I replied to.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was not aware that electronic loudspeakers existed for "centuries".

Go back to shouting unassisted as they did for centuries and no problem.

Cant stop the onset of modern technology [or less than modern in the case of loudspeakers] I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

I doubt that very much the feudal lords would not have put up with their shit at all.

I am Muslim but I do not advocate the spread of contemporary Islam and consider it dangerous, repressive and threatening. Even I cross the street when I see the beards coming. The problem is these are not well informed folks and are not tolerant, not to mention the in-your-face call to prayer that is often voiced by some old fart who sounds like a dying dog. I say deny ... let them have their own state(s) and keep to 'em .

Cheers

11 minutes ago, OmarZaid said:

I am Muslim but I do not advocate the spread of contemporary Islam and consider it dangerous, repressive and threatening. Even I cross the street when I see the beards coming. The problem is these are not well informed folks and are not tolerant, not to mention the in-your-face call to prayer that is often voiced by some old fart who sounds like a dying dog. I say deny ... let them have their own state(s) and keep to 'em .

Cheers

You realize that Islamophobes hate you too? 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You realize that Islamophobes hate you too? 

Quite probable, I have no problem with "normal" Muslims at all had a Turkish female co worker, got some Turkish clients. I don't see the problem with the moderate's. I am an atheist and would prefer less religion but live and let live. 

3 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Understandable. The majority of terrorist attacks around the world are carried out by Muslims. 

Yes that is true, but the majority of victims of Muslim terror attacks are also Muslims. 

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

Darn Jingting, I almost agreed to your post (that would have been unique).

But peaceful coexistence with islam is impossible. They (moslims) and only they stand in the way as they think they have the one and only religion and all heretics must repent/convert or else....The Koran says so and a good moslim obeys the Koran.

The 5th column everywhere so why not in Thailand.

Hopefully It wont be long before islam catches up with Christianity, a religion with a history of persecuting non christians or heretics, during its heyday... but which, by and large, has evolved past these oftentimes barbaric practices. 

dog alone knows why anyone would choose to believe in these violent entities (dogs) masquerading as peaceful saviours.... and kudos to believers in the old dogs, who outrightly acknowledge the violent and capricious nature of said dogs, their honesty is refreshing... as all religions espouse violence in one form or another.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer...

Islamophobia is the fear of Islam. The Koran is full of phrases urging Muslims to "strike terror into the hearts of unbelievers". So really islamophobia is sanctioned and encouraged in the Koran.

7 minutes ago, katana said:

Islamophobia is the fear of Islam. The Koran is full of phrases urging Muslims to "strike terror into the hearts of unbelievers". So really islamophobia is sanctioned and encouraged in the Koran.

All the Abrahamic faiths have such passages...

6 minutes ago, katana said:

So you judge muslims on the basis of what is written in their Holy Fairytale Book.

OK

Do you also judge christians on the basis of what is written in THEIR Holy Fairytale Book?

Do you want some quotes?

4 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Muslims should be restricted to their southern provinces , not spread around the country.

Hey wait a minute,Speak for yourself only,We live in the South and We don't want them around either like Many other people.

You reap what you sow, about time the silent majority started to be less silent. By the way, Islamaphobia is not a real word either. A phobia is an irrational fear of something, fear of Islam is totally rational, they are out to wipe out non muslims.

About time they got a taste of their own medicine.

1 minute ago, Formaleins said:

You reap what you sow, about time the silent majority started to be less silent. By the way, Islamaphobia is not a real word either. A phobia is an irrational fear of something, fear of Islam is totally rational, they are out to wipe out non muslims.

About time they got a taste of their own medicine.

Ah, the same clarion call was made before the recent Rohingya genocide.

Oh and Islamophobia is a word.