Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

webfact

Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

By The Nation

7015a29c642363506b830388345df1c2.jpg

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is considering applying for political asylum in three European countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, a source from her legal team said on Friday.

Yingluck is now residing in the UK on a tourist visa, the source said, but declined to elaborate which passport she uses.

The source said the UK is her preferred location to seek asylum because her brother Thaksin, who is living in exile in Dubai, has a residence there.

“Khun Yingluck is fine. She enjoys cooking with close friends who visit her. But she will remain silent for a while,” the source said.

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders last month sentenced Yingluck to five years in jail for negligence in preventing corruption and irregularities in her government rice-pledging scheme. She fled Thailand in late August to Dubai and London prior to the original scheduled reading of the verdict.

She is now in the process of drafting an asylum request but first needs a full court verdict to submit. The detailed reasons for judgment are expected to be released in the next few days.

Her legal team will use the detailed verdict to help justify her application for asylum status.

“We need to prove that Yingluck is being politically bullied,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. “It’s not safe for her to stay in Thailand.

“We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,” the source said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30328624

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-06

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,” the source said."

It wasn't "her" government at the time of the coup, she had been removed well before that happened, it was then her replacement's government

Why not Montenegro or Zimbabwe, Costa Rica (or Nicaragua?), does she not yet have a diplomatic(!) passport from these countries, like Thaksin does, among other ones?

What about her Thai passports? Does she still have them? Minimum minimorum would be to strip her at once of her Thai diplomatic one, I'd say!

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

" We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,” the source said."

It wasn't "her" government at the time of the coup, she had been removed well before that happened, it was then her replacement's government

She was railroaded.  She put up and election and the military backed Suthep blocked people getting to the election booths.  She may have been returned but people were squashed.

7 minutes ago, Thechook said:

More than welcome in Australia.

doubt it, we dont like corrupt criminals here, she was caught out and was found guilty by the same courts she presided over and found the opposition guilty.

12 minutes ago, seajae said:

doubt it, we dont like corrupt criminals here, she was caught out and was found guilty by the same courts she presided over and found the opposition guilty.

"......we dont like corrupt criminals here......."

What sort of criminals do you like ?  However, as I understand it, it is no longer a requirement to be a criminal, corrupt or otherwise, in order to reside in Australia.

"We need to prove that Yingluck is being politically bullied,”

others would call it justice for the gargantuan losses of

tax payers money ,that she presided  over,that could of

been spent much more wisely on Schools,Hospitals,

and other infrastructure,instead the money was just  

frittered away,many got very rich,but not the farmers.

regards Worgeordie

Just when the dumb and dumber thought they got the lead on her seeking UK asylum, she got to muddle up their thoughts and include German and France. It must be exhausting and taxing for those nitwits to re-think and come up with another silly comment.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

More than welcome in Australia.

1 hour ago, seajae said:

Australia was built with criminals she should be welcomed with open arms.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,” the source said.

I think all counties know that don't you.

So now its Germany, hope not Munchen, France where Pridi had to go another PM who was hounded out

or the UK. so will it be Australia and the USA next? Just speculation.

They haven't got a clue have they.

21 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Australia was built with criminals she should be welcomed with open arms.

My My the boys and girls from downunder are being slagged off now by the uneducated. Cons went out hundreds of years ago, now I would trust every last one of them more than I do here and guess what they also know what real democracy is.

I could never understand why Aus people even consider a visit here, unless they cannot pull a local bargirl back home.

6 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

My My the boys and girls from downunder are being slagged off now by the uneducated. Cons went out hundreds of years ago, now I would trust every last one of them more than I do here and guess what they also know what real democracy is.

Lighten up take a beer jack off smile once in while.

For europe one has to apply for asylum in the first country arrived....can't do several at the same time...and i think they'll extradict her the same day cause we don't like corruption.

When i apply for a Thai visa i also have to jump through many hoops, i'm married with a Thai lady and don't even have a criminal record or anything...Still they make it very hard for me and make up new demands at the spot (after driving 2 hours to the embassy).

She won't stay in Europe, there will be demonstrations against that...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

We will tell [the country she will apply to] that she was faced with unfair justice since her government was toppled by a coup and had to flee the country,

Great! Just start out with a lie and see how the immigration authorities in those countries will take to it.

Yingluck did NOT have to flee the country because her government was toppled in a coup and she was NOT prosecuted because she was the head of that toppled government.

She was prosecuted because it had been alleged that she allowed a corrupt rice subsidy scheme to be exploited by some of her ministers and because she did nothing to stop it although she was informed about it and even acknowledged that the scheme was riddled with irregularities.

Fire those legal advisers, Yingluck, and pronto! 

Yingluck blah-blah-blah... Why do non-Shins-affiliated media go on publishing this kind of stuff? Has the Shins' political wing PTP an automatic access to your pages, or what? Dumple the Shins abroad in a dark silence, they'll hate it! Let their pawns run around, making little dust,in silence! Stop playing the Shins' propaganda games. Just wake up and put all spotlights on when a member of the clan gets cornered in another, next, murky, filthy, corrupt case! The hell with them! 

She is back in Dubai and can just wait until someone will accept her application. With millions of dollars in her and her brothers account I am sure she can wait and enjoy a luxury lifestyle.  

1 hour ago, balo said:

She is back in Dubai and can just wait until someone will accept her application. With millions of dollars in her and her brothers account I am sure she can wait and enjoy a luxury lifestyle.  

Why is she insisting on getting asylum in the UK, Germany or France anyway? With all that money she and her brother have spirited away, I am sure that illustrious states like Burkina Faso, St. Kitts & Nevis, Turkmenistan, Albania or Vanuatu will grant her the coveted asylum in the blink of an eye.

Fugitives cannot be choosers. Take a cue from big bro, sis: Neither the UK nor Germany wanted him, so he settled for a crap passport from Montenegro and bought another crappy one from Nicaragua. Better little than nothing at all.  

Edited by Misterwhisper

7 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Why is she insisting on getting asylum in the UK, Germany or France anyway?

It's more hi-so than Albania.  She will get access to a modern , western lifestyle, can't blame her.  

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is considering applying for political asylum in three European countries, including the United Kingdom, Germany, and France, a source from her legal team said on Friday.

Three European counties  including the 3 mentioned above. They are the 3 mentioned above there are no others included.