Border wall prototypes a first small step on Trump campaign promise

webfact

It is actually a very cruel situation when liberal open boarder policies generous free welfare benefits, and an anachronistic anchor baby Constitution would ENCOURAGE pregnant women to undertake such a dangerous journey and pay money to human traffickers, known as “coyotes”. Most expected to be raped anyway.

Even Obama’s administrators took action to prevent this by expanding family detention of such immigrants.

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

" Mexico will pay for a Trump's head to get stuffed into a giant marshmallow, and have him locked in a closet. "

Staff already tried that. Had no discernable results

Mexicans are great at making pinatas.  I bet giant Trump heads are the best sellers.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

What would they do without such expert advice...

They (those bureaucrats in charge) would/will probably continue to waste money and make other mistakes.  They need people like me to set them on the right path, but I don't want to work for gov't.  I'm retirement age and on the other side of the planet.

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Afterwards shoot everything on two legs, ask questions later. 

Such a wall would be an environmental disaster as large animals such as endangered jaguars, bears and others' natural migrations and ranges would be curtailed.

I agree with the lower paragraph, but the excerpt from your opening, is not cool.  Do you really recommend shooting to kill everyone who enters illegally?  I hope you're joking.

Note, I was in Vegas, a few years ago, at a cheap hotel.  I met an interesting fellow in the pool area.  He had entered the US from Mexico illegally when he was a boy, with his parents.  He had a business setting up infrastructure for conventions, and was doing well enough to hire several other 'wetbacks'.  He told me every crew of his had at least two 'illegals' who had been in prison.  He was like their father-figure - helping them to be legal and get on their feet and become family men and contributors to their community in the US.  In other words, the guy I met was tangibly trying to help people by giving them jobs and fatherly advice.  I respect him 1,000 times more than Trump or any of the mafia-wannabes T surrounds himself with.   Compare that to Kushner, who clandestinely conspires with the Russian agents to circumvent federal agencies.  That sure smells like treason.

A Nation is defined by boarders, and as a last resort MUST be defended by men with guns.

I have much sympathy for these people Guatemala, Salvador. The 80’s were not so long ago but it would be better for America to intervene and fund safe zones and refugee camps in these areas rather than to encourage illegal migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexicans are proud to a fault.  I had a Mexican g.f. for a short while.  After we'd dated a few times, I chanced to mention a lunar eclipse which was observable over Mexico City.  I went on and (trying but failing to be witty) commented how, the air was so polluted there, the residents probably wouldn't see it.  The g.f. left in a huff - never returned.

I can hardly wait to see how they build a wall on the Rio Grande River!  It runs for almost 2000 miles of the border.  Although it is mostly a ditch in the summer, it has a good current and depth during the rainy season.  If I was a property owner along the river I think I would howl to have wide open views blocked by any of these monstrosities.  I somehow doubt that Trump's "Big beautiful wall"  will be built.  $21 billion is a lot of new taxes!

Edited by mlmcleod

Trump's wall was also going to stop illegal flow of drugs into the US coming from the south:

“The drugs are pouring in at levels like nobody has ever seen,” ... “We’ll be able to stop them once the wall is up.”

Except that the DEA concluded drugs are entering the US by private and commercial plane, boat, or hidden in vehicles.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/29/trump-says-border-wall-will-stop-drugs-heres-what-a-dea-intel-report-says/

Complete misdirection and ignorance by Trump.

13 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Mexico will pay for a Trump's head to get stuffed into a giant marshmallow, and have him locked in a closet.

BTW, Perry is on his way out.  That's my prediction.  I'd say within 10 days.  People thought he would be 'the adult in the room,' but the ex-general is showing himself to be almost as much a vindictive liar as Trump. Did anyone really expect any person in Trump's inner circle to be anything but rotten? 

He's "drained the swamp" and filled it with his own even dirtier water. I do wish he was'nt refered to as "leader of the free world"....he is the leader of USA only! Bloody sure I had no say in it!

16 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Mexicans are great at making pinatas.  I bet giant Trump heads are the best sellers.

They (those bureaucrats in charge) would/will probably continue to waste money and make other mistakes.  They need people like me to set them on the right path, but I don't want to work for gov't.  I'm retirement age and on the other side of the planet.

I agree with the lower paragraph, but the excerpt from your opening, is not cool.  Do you really recommend shooting to kill everyone who enters illegally?  I hope you're joking.

Note, I was in Vegas, a few years ago, at a cheap hotel.  I met an interesting fellow in the pool area.  He had entered the US from Mexico illegally when he was a boy, with his parents.  He had a business setting up infrastructure for conventions, and was doing well enough to hire several other 'wetbacks'.  He told me every crew of his had at least two 'illegals' who had been in prison.  He was like their father-figure - helping them to be legal and get on their feet and become family men and contributors to their community in the US.  In other words, the guy I met was tangibly trying to help people by giving them jobs and fatherly advice.  I respect him 1,000 times more than Trump or any of the mafia-wannabes T surrounds himself with.   Compare that to Kushner, who clandestinely conspires with the Russian agents to circumvent federal agencies.  That sure smells like treason.

"They (those bureaucrats in charge) would/will probably continue to waste money and make other mistakes.  They need people like me to set them on the right path, but I don't want to work for gov't.  I'm retirement age and on the other side of the planet."

Doubt your rants indicate anything resembling the attitude needed for an objective evaluation of anything. The review will not be conducted by government officials, but by an outside firm, anyway.

On 10/24/2017 at 7:19 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

A Nation is defined by boarders, and as a last resort MUST be defended by men with guns.

I have much sympathy for these people Guatemala, Salvador. The 80’s were not so long ago but it would be better for America to intervene and fund safe zones and refugee camps in these areas rather than to encourage illegal migration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A  nation originally  populated  mainly  by  immigrants  and  slaves  now  shuts  it  borders   for? Is  there  now   some belated  agreement  with  the  indigenous  population ?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, boomerangutang said:

I could get over any one of those walls, unless they had razor wire or electric current at top.

A grappling hook trailing a knotted rope, and.........

After building the prototypes, they should get some rock climbers to test 'em out.

Note; the types without spaces will get blown down (plus they're be good for murals and/or political statements writ large)

LOL.   'Don't get it, do you?  No one has ever claimed or predicted the border wall would be an airtight barrier.  It quite obviously doesn't have to be in order to provide a benefit and make the problem solvable.  It only has to slow the flood enough that the border guys can deal with the trickle (oh, excuse me, the "rock climbers" - ROFL) that'll be left.  Why is this apparently so completely beyond the understanding of wingnuts?   Or is it more of an inconvenient truth thing?

And are you wrestling with the wild misimpression that illegals use grappling hooks and are expert rock climbers?  Or will be?   Too funny.  You should be waiting on the other side to hand out merit badges to those that make it over.  And who the frack cares if a barrier fence down along the border gets written or painted on?   I'd certainly rather the "art" go there than on the private property and municipal buildings where it goes now.

5 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

A  nation originally  populated  mainly  by  immigrants  and  slaves  now  shuts  it  borders   for? Is  there  now   some belated  agreement  with  the  indigenous  population ?

Well Dumbastheycome, I shudder to ask where you think you read they're actually "shutting the borders".  Well newsflash: they're definitely not.  LOL   Typical wingnut hyperbole and silliness.   They're building a W-A-L-L; NOT "shutting the borders".  LMAO    It's only to discourage illegals.  It probably won't even stop 100% of them (and it doesn't have to).   This isn't that hard - keep trying, you'll get it.

16 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Well Dumbastheycome, I shudder to ask where you think you read they're actually "shutting the borders".  Well newsflash: they're definitely not.  LOL   Typical wingnut hyperbole and silliness.   They're building a W-A-L-L; NOT "shutting the borders".  LMAO    It's only to discourage illegals.  It probably won't even stop 100% of them (and it doesn't have to).   This isn't that hard - keep trying, you'll get it.

Wingnut?  Hmmm.  For  the  cost  of  the  Great Wall the expenditure  on  personel and  infrasrtucture to  actually  police  the  border would  be  more  effective!  

But  the  wondrous  samples  of possible  actual  structure  of a  physical wall  demonstrates  the   ridiculous  " gaps"  that  will  deliberately  be  left for  the  benefit  of  corrupt  activities.

The  intent  is to  shut the  borders  to  the  majority  of  the  legitimate.

The  illegitimate  will  continue ...at  greater profit!

Naivity is the weapon of  choice. .

Here's an example of how the US Feds always pay waaaaaay more for services and products, than they should.  A contract for $300 million was given to a tiny outfit in Montana, which had only 2 full time employees.  ....for fixing electrical grid damage in Puerto Rico.  Here's an excerpt from the NPR article:

" The contract shows labor rates are $240 an hour for a general foreman and $227 for a lineman. The per diems are: almost $80 a day for meals, and $332 a day for lodging. Employee flights are billed at $1,000 each way (MT to PR).   For subcontractors, the bulk of Whitefish's workforce, the prices for a a general foreman is $336 an hour and a lineman, $319."

source

Boomer responds: Over $300/hr.  That's that's over $2,400 daily, not counting overtime which, in the US, is time and a half or double time on weekends.   A worker on that job, if he worked weekends, could get close to $20,000 per week, if he gamed the system.

Thailand gov't also pays ridiculous amounts for things that you or I would pay reasonable amounts for. One of 1,000 examples: the Thai gov't paid over $12,000 each for digital clocks.

Edited by boomerangutang

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Here's an example of how the US Feds always pay waaaaaay more for services and products, than they should.  A contract for $300 million was given to a tiny outfit in Montana, which had only 2 full time employees.  ....for fixing electrical grid damage in Puerto Rico.  Here's an excerpt from the NPR article:

" The contract shows labor rates are $240 an hour for a general foreman and $227 for a lineman. The per diems are: almost $80 a day for meals, and $332 a day for lodging. Employee flights are billed at $1,000 each way (MT to PR).   For subcontractors, the bulk of Whitefish's workforce, the prices for a a general foreman is $336 an hour and a lineman, $319."

source

Boomer responds: Over $300/hr.  That's that's over $2,400 daily, not counting overtime which, in the US, is time and a half or double time on weekends.   A worker on that job, if he worked weekends, could get close to $20,000 per week, if he gamed the system.

Thailand gov't also pays ridiculous amounts for things that you or I would pay reasonable amounts for. One of 1,000 examples: the Thai gov't paid over $12,000 each for digital clocks.

Reminicent of  the  space race  days. Turned  out NASA toilet  tissue  was  bogusly  reddefined/renamed  and  cost  $1000  per  roll. And  that was  only a  sample.

A  big  factor  in huge  reductions  of  Govt. funding and  the  beginning of  the  new  era  of  private  funding.

The  Great  Wall will  no doubt  be subject  to  wroughted  contracts.