Man shot dead in Samut Prakan road rage incident

rooster59

Man shot dead in Samut Prakan road rage incident

By The Nation

Two motorists got into a conflict after racing against each other on a Samut Prakan road on Friday night, resulting in one of them being shot dead, police said.

Pol Lt-Colonel Wut Puttiphanon, the inspector of Muang Samut Prakan Police Station, said the shooting incident took place at 9.30pm on a bridge near the Lalliville 1 housing estate in Moo 3 village in Tambon Praekkasa.

The victim, Akkaranan Mongkolchonsawat, 56, was shot on his ribs and his right cheek. He died on the way to Sin Paet Hospital. Police found five spent 11m bullet shells.

Witnesses told police that the man who shot Akkaranan fled in his car, which was apparently using a fake licence plate.

Witnesses told police the two cars were seen racing against each other, trying to overtake and cutting into each other’s lanes before the cars were parked on the bridge. The two motorists came out and engaged in a brawl and Akkaranan was shot by the other man.

Police also found a revolver inside Akkaranan’s car.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30331938

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-18

What a pathetic clown show. The cops might as well be in China after dark here, although the crooks and idiots know that basically anything is fair game here as the BiB are hardly proactive in their enforcement and slow to respond unless a juicy reward looks possible 

27 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Both carrying sidearms, what percentage of motorists have weapons in their vehicles here. I for one am increasingly becoming worried about any journey. So many reported incidents. 

No need to worry just don’t be aggressive and antagonise anyone. 

In traffic just let whoever push in, overtake, whatever. Calmer and much safer to relax and take your time. 

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Both carrying sidearms, what percentage of motorists have weapons in their vehicles here. I for one am increasingly becoming worried about any journey. So many reported incidents. 

And far more not reported.  Thank God Thais are Buddhists, think of the carnage otherwise!

Dude was carrying a cannon.  Lol.  Guaranteed to win road rage incidents with minimum trigger pulls.  Wonder if his name was Dirty Harry Chai.  

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

In traffic just let whoever push in, overtake, whatever. Calmer and much safer to relax and take your time. 

Sounds like you do need to worry.  You need to worry about antagonizing others.

Every driver has accidentally cut someone off or otherwise made some other driver feel bad.  It shouldn't be a death sentence.

3 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Yes, it is easy to say but when your anger rises too fast for you to control you will make the other guy shoot you.

3 minutes ago, madusa said:

Yes, it is easy to say but when your anger rises too fast for you to control you will make the other guy shoot you.

Indeed, sometimes the slightest reaction e.g. closing a gap, can set off a massive reaction in a male Thai driver, forcing you to stop etc.

As you said, easier said than done to avoid trouble on Thai roads. There are a lot of Thais exploding into rage these days.

1 hour ago, fishbrando said:

Sounds like you do need to worry.  You need to worry about antagonizing others.

Every driver has accidentally cut someone off or otherwise made some other driver feel bad.  It shouldn't be a death sentence.

Maybe so but it’s how you react after the fact. I recently accidentally sprayed a motorcycle rider with water in Samut Prakan and he followed me extremely irate. A simple heart felt sorry and a wai and he was happy and moved on. 

I don’t remember seeing him nor splashing him so I could have just said ‘wahtever’ but I was happy to avoid confrontation 

50 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Indeed, sometimes the slightest reaction e.g. closing a gap, can set off a massive reaction in a male Thai driver, forcing you to stop etc.

As you said, easier said than done to avoid trouble on Thai roads. There are a lot of Thais exploding into rage these days.

Apart from my previous reply I’ve never had an issue with Thai drivers in all my time driving in Thailand. I guess I’ve just been extremely lucky...

I reckon too many people have been watching too many stupid movies where someone gets shot and they don't die.

I honestly think that they believe when they shoot someone it's only going to result in a 4" diameter blood stain on their shirt and be just a bit painfull.

What I'm saying cannot be used as an excuse or defence, it's murder or attempted murder as a minimum, nor is it forgive them because they do not know what they are doing.

These idiots all deserve a minimum life, and I mean life sentence and I really don't care what shrinks or the do-good brigade say about it.

17 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

You only need to be hit once by an 11 meter bullet to die.....

11 "meter" bullet.. shit that's big .. almost an ICBM !!!!

I think you meant 11 millimeter round which equates to around  .45 caliber, a rather large caliber handgun indeed.

15 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It appears the average Thais have not studied the "Abhidharma"- it's buddhist scientific methods of controlling your emotions ( i.e. anger, sadness, feeling of happiness, appetite etc.,) Mental health clinics in Britain, USA as well as Europe have been using this method for many years because they found it works for their patients who have borderline personality disorder problems. They called it Buddhist Science or Buddhist psychology. I think they don't disclose the Buddhist origin of this method in case people misunderstand that religion is being brought into their healing method. So I guess many people are not aware of the origin of this healing method.

A good example is overeating & obesity. All these counting of calories and diet go out of the window when you use Abhidharma method. This method works because you change your attitude towards foods, you slowly develop a wholesome attitude towards eating and foods. Everything slowly falls in place once the method is being practiced over a period of time. Of course knowledge of nutrition helps but no necessity of diet and counting calories. Once you successfully change your attitude, you become fully aware that you are enjoying eating but not in an unwholesome way, (i.e. with greed, using food to relieve stress etc.,) You will eat less and only when necessary to keep you alive and healthy not so much for enjoyment. Buddha's Abhidharma is the higher teaching of Buddhist scientific way to help you "cross the seas of sufferings" as Buddha said in the buddhist scripts. Abhidharma helps me tremendously in my insomnia problem and my overeating problem but controlling my anger is a lot more difficult than I thought. Cheers.

Ps: Buddha was very much misunderstood to be a God by the Thais, that's  kind of sad.(there would be a lot less fighting on the roads if Thais understood Buddha's teaching) To understand his Abhidharma teaching you need to have a certain level of intelligence and Buddha knew that many average persons would not be able to grasp the essence of his higher teachings.

If you have truly understood buddha's teaching you will radiate kindness in all directions.(uncondition kindness so to speak).

10 minutes ago, madusa said:

Abhidharma helps me tremendously in my insomnia problem and my overeating problem but controlling my anger is a lot more difficult than I thought. Cheers.

Being aware of your areas of weakness is more than halfway to improving them.

Thank you for your post.