Minibus from BKK to Pattaya late arrival

DrPhibes

Looked though various searches  on TV and could not come up with an answer.  So, last minute change of plans for a friend who arrives BKK at midnight and wants to go to Pattaya for 3 days.  Figure out of immigration with bags about 1-1:30am.  Are there minibuses at that time of night to Pattaya?  Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

boxtel in airport lower level....1000 baht or so.

first vip coach (can book online) leaves

airport terminal 7 am to pattaya.

Good (and safer) option but leaves the OP's buddy hanging about for maybe 4-5 hours. I would bite the bullet and get a nice, safe AoT limo at that time of the morning. Yes, comparatively expensive but they are insured and in my experience, their lead footed, yahoo, cowboy drivers are few and far between.

1 minute ago, DrPhibes said:

Not sure yet, don't take Mr T for another 4 days.  Will ask and report back.

I like the email confirmation from Keak. It gives me more confidence that someone will actually be there when I go to/arrive at the airport. They always have been.

Just now, Briggsy said:

I like the email confirmation from Keak. It gives me more confidence that someone will actually be there when I go to/arrive at the airport. They always have been.

Got an e-mail confirmation with phone numbers to call if a problem.  There will be a driver with a sign with my name on it at the airport.

On 11/19/2017 at 1:53 PM, ChouDoufu said:

pssst...."boxtel."

that's a short-term sleeping cabin at the airport.

get 5 hours of rest before the 2-hour bus trip,

arrive relatively fresh in pattaya at around 9am.

Do you know if this "boxtel" is similar to the ones at Heathrow? I thought these

were very good. What floor are they on, and how much do they cost?

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Do you know if this "boxtel" is similar to the ones at Heathrow? I thought these

were very good. What floor are they on, and how much do they cost?

Forget it, I have just found out, they are very expensive, way over the top.

9 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Forget it, I have just found out, they are very expensive, way over the top.

There are many hotels near the airport with rooms half the price of the boxes and they pick you up at the airport. Many of the services at the airport cash in on the facts that the airport has a  captive market and that market is often only aware of prices in their home country and not local prices. The result is overcharging.

16 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

There are many hotels near the airport with rooms half the price of the boxes and they pick you up at the airport. Many of the services at the airport cash in on the facts that the airport has a  captive market and that market is often only aware of prices in their home country and not local prices. The result is overcharging.

Yes you are right, I used the Nasa Vegas, but I refuse to pay the 1000 dep, there are some hotels in Lat Krabang, but according to google maps not near the railway link, I will have to find where I can get a us from the airport.

expensive is relative.  what is your time worth?

if you arrive at 1:30 am, and will be leaving at

7 or 8, how much is it worth to you to avoid

back and forth between airport and hotel?

yes, airport stuff can be expensive.  you pay for

the convenience.  $40 at the airport, vs. $25

or $30 outside?

Reporting back everyone.  Mr T's service was on time (very late arrival at Swampy) and as advertised.  1,000 baht from Swampy to hotel in Pattaya and about to head back Pattaya to Swampy with Mr T for the same 1,000 baht price.

See previous comment on this post for contact details.

Reporting back everyone.  Mr T's service was on time (very late arrival at Swampy) and as advertised.  1,000 baht from Swampy to hotel in Pattaya and about to head back Pattaya to Swampy with Mr T for the same 1,000 baht price.

Did you give a tip? Drivers can get a bit animated if you don't

On 11/30/2017 at 11:34 AM, scubascuba3 said:
On 11/30/2017 at 10:11 AM, DrPhibes said:

Did you give a tip? Drivers can get a bit animated if you don't

Mr T's delivered again.  Was happy with the 1,000 baht and when I saw that, I then tipped 100 baht.  All good.