CRF250L Stroker kit - Chaing mai mechanic offering all in 1 service?

DDBKK

11 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Neilly , nice modded bike. Could you tell me what revs your doing , in top gear , at 60 KPH.  Cheers.

Hi Jeff...no tacho on the CRF, but according the calculator about 4720rpm (I'm running a slightly larger profile rear tyre)

https://www.crfsonly.com/howto/gearing/motorcycle-gearing-calculator.php

Calc III.JPG

Calc IV.JPG

Calc V.JPG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

No it's a Renthal Twin-Ring for a CRF250R with a conversion kit.

BTW...There were a few subtle changes from the 2016 to the 2017...different airbox, throttle body and header pipe to name a few...so maybe the 2017 will pull top gear?

OK thanks, I've not looked up yet on spec changes, I wouldn't expect info on changes to be given by sales staff.

Your sprocket looks much better than original. :thumbsup:

Didn't know it can do 150 kph I was told 120.

Edited by Kwasaki

17 minutes ago, taninthai said:

Nice ohlins  no expense spaired??

There's a reason for that...I killed my YSS shock the first ride home last time (it dumped all it's oil out thru the rebound adjuster)...it survived 5 years of abuse so I can't complain. I gave it to one of the guys I ride with and he's had it overhauled by YSS for 4k...new rod, seals and valve kit.

20171025_083939 (Medium).jpg

With 13/48 I could still ride from BKK > Pattaya - hit the trails for a few hours - Pattaya > BKK.

Granted, my hands could get a bit numb sometimes with the vibes but I actually prefer just taking it easy and riding the back roads to avoid the crazy traffic. 

Proper touring I wouldn't entertain it. 14/45 is fine for lengthy journeys if mixing it with trails though.

9 hours ago, DDBKK said:

Granted, my hands could get a bit numb sometimes with the vibes but I actually prefer just taking it easy and riding the back roads to avoid the crazy traffic. 

Proper touring I wouldn't entertain it. 14/45 is fine for lengthy journeys if mixing it with trails though.

I ran with 13/44 for a long time...still plenty of speed for the road and good gearing off-road. I only switched to 13/48 when I got a road bike and there was no chance of me ever needing the 250L on the road

Not sure what grips you have at the moment, but I had the same problem with numb hands, I got some Progrip Rally 714's and it solved the problem.

pro-grip-rally-grips.jpg

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Anyone know why Thailand dealer put CRF250LDH

About the only difference I could think of would be that the 2017 Thai version is 40mm lower than the rest of the world.

If you want to raise yours up to the 2013~2016 height have a read here...

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1220753-2017-crf250l-for-thai-market-is-lower-than-previous-models/#comment-13619128

27 minutes ago, Neilly said:

About the only difference I could think of would be that the 2017 Thai version is 40mm lower than the rest of the world.

If you want to raise yours up to the 2013~2016 height have a read here...

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1220753-2017-crf250l-for-thai-market-is-lower-than-previous-models/#comment-13619128

Sat on the horrible IMO bling bling upped Rally and too high for my liking at 6 foot.

The 250L was just right and 45,000 bht cheaper. :laugh: