Public told not to speculate about Prawit's luxurious wristwatch, ring

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Have another look at the OP. He inherited it from his Ma today. One might wonder what she was doing with a man's wristwatch, but they are telling us not to speculate...

You need to follow the story a little more closely. It was the ring he supposedly inherited from his mother.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

I do not assume he is crooked, or is paid under the table, or is robbing the treasury.  He may have a very high salary and chooses to spend his money on expensive watches and rings.  I would be curious about how much he is paid. As a supposed public are their purported salary figures available to the public?

According to a report in Bangkok post he's on approximately 110,000baht per month.

Nothing will happen. All they have to do send troops back to the streets to send a message to be quiet and leave their corrupt interests alone as it is only their business. Any protests will be met with arrest and prosecution. For normal people, all of us included, just is not worth it to voice an anti sentiment. 

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Have another look at the OP. He inherited it from his Ma today. One might wonder what she was doing with a man's wristwatch, but they are telling us not to speculate...

I suggest you have another look at the OP: 

while what looked like a multi-million-baht Richard Mille watch was borrowed from Prawit’s businessman friend.

3 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Don't talk about it and it will go away.

Move on nothing to see here.

He's probably cursing the NACC boss.  By making a very public announcement telling the people not to speculate, he is, inadvertently or otherwise, inviting them to speculate to their hearts content.   And, of course, keeping the story in the news.

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Nothing will happen. All they have to do send troops back to the streets to send a message to be quiet and leave their corrupt interests alone as it is only their business. Any protests will be met with arrest and prosecution. For normal people, all of us included, just is not worth it to voice an anti sentiment. 

I am thinking along the same lines. Gazing at my crystal balls, I can see a few students arrested for Facebook posts as a warning to shut up and forget about this.

Seem Prayut has lost his tongue just after few days of launching that bogus campaign against corruption. Day when he proclaimed that "fighting graft is one of his top priority". He should include a caveat that his family, cronies, friends and those in his band of 'eastern' brotherhood are not included. Rest especially the Shins will feel the wrath. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Seem Prayut has lost his tongue just after few days of launching that bogus campaign against corruption. Day when he proclaimed that "fighting graft is one of his top priority". He should include a caveat that his family, cronies, friends and those in his band of 'eastern' brotherhood are not included. Rest especially the Shins will feel the wrath. 

Wikipedia has now mentioned #2 as being one of the "celebrities" who adorns himself with such an elitist time piece.  This is part of history now.  Can't be swept under the carpet.  The man's omnipotent yet cowardly behavior is just disgraceful. 

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

It seems that Thai people are enjoying the 'Ah ha moment' we caught

him with no plausible explanation as to his jewelries...

and yeah, he didn't declare his ' unusual wealth' of 200k,

200k? i have that much under my mattaress, and i'm just usually 

wealthy....

Where do you live? 

4 hours ago, greenchair said:

Where did his mother get it, I thought they were middle class. 

Surely a ring like that would have a bill of sale and so would the watch that is lent to him by a friend. I still have the bill of sale of my 15 year old refrigerator. People usually keep things like that, especially million baht things. 

It's as simple as that. 

All I can say is: time to get a new fridge. It'll pay for itself in no time with the electricity you save.