Visa in Vietnam

Last year I had a new passport and a business visa, This year I did a few border runs, a few airport runs and got a tourist visa 3 monthes ago in Penang.

Can I get another 3 monthes with no probs? If so can I get it in Vietnam? Bored of Penang and not a fan of Cambodia / Laos to say the least.

20 hours ago, Bingo66 said:

Good to know thanks, any problems with people getting 2 tourist visa's back to back?

No any problems in the Embassy in Hanoi. Friendly, gentle, fast (apply before 11 am & receive between 3 & 5 pm next day. Required to show cash (at least any currency worth thb 20 k) or bank report from day of apply, a print out from any atm is ok.

I just did a visa run to HCMC last week. I had a METV from London, and a SETV from Yangon, then a 4 month 'break' in my passport(UK) before applying. I needed to show them bank statements with adequate funds (I printed two statements from my UK account), flight out of Vietnam and out of Thailand within 90 days. Also showed them my condo contract, but I don't think that was mandatory. I managed to do it all with just a night stay. Arrive at 9.15am on an Air Asia flight and took a taxi straight to the Embassy. Collected it the following afternoon and then flew out at 6pm back to Bangkok.

If you have a U.K passport, no visa is necessary for Vietnam. All things considered, it was a breeze.

• Like 1

My tip for Vietnam is to get a sim card with data at the airport. I got one for about 100,000 dong with 2GB of data. Then use Uber or Grab to get you straight from the airport to the consulate and wherever you want to go next. That way you can avoid taxi rip offs and only have to stay for one night. Make sure you take a photo of your passport and the stamp in it as this is necessary for the hotel. Uber and Grab are both great value in Vietnam with an option of motor bikes or cars.