webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Great artists have been ridiculed by critics, before being acclaimed as geniuses, your opinion is purely your opinion.

Still, thanks for bringing up an educated opinion.

You are right here Mau .

That telephone box may one day be considered a master piece of Far Eastern modern day art

The artist may one day become World Famous .

You should go and wrench that telephone from its telephone box and stick that telephone in a big safety deposit box and you can sell it for millions in 20 years time , when the artist becomes world famous

3 hours ago, car720 said:

the strange thing is though that when we old farts have finally faded into history then this type of new age thinking will be the norm.

Actually, it sounds a bit like something Sir Richard Branston would say about always trying to see the good in someone.:cheesy:

Taggers:Street Art::Guy who sits at a bar on his private island::People Actually Working.

Brilliant metaphor, Mate. ?

Edited by SiSePuede419
Corrected Autocorrect ?

Vandalism.... pure and simple... but the punishment should be in line with Thai norms... 500baht and a wai for those offended (and compelled to remove/ repair defacement)

Unless they are trying to send a social or political message ? , in which case.... goose cooked.

FCE2E3C9-32BF-4703-B490-410999F0FFFB.jpeg

37 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Nah, Bro.

What they did is called "tagging".

This is street Art, from the WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION in Bushwick, NYC:

20171221_015411-COLLAGE.jpg

Thanks, i was using " street art " in a broad way,  i didn't even know " tagging"

3 hours ago, car720 said:

the strange thing is though that when we old farts have finally faded into history then this type of new age thinking will be the norm.

Mmmm.... I’d say faded away into a forgotten epoch, given extant forms of this practice.

07A44678-B812-499A-8D99-4FFF37FE80EA.jpeg

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art is not vandalism imho.

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Those who can't appreciate street art are sad people imho..

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

I agree, street art is great if done properly

but that not street art, its just rubbish and defacing someone else's property

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I think that part of the punishment should be to post the addresses of these two parent's home and their homes and mauGR1's home and property and then invite the public over to deface them with grafitti and signatures, all in the name of "street art" imho.

The picture attached shows what happens when vandals start defacing property. The more responsible and affluent neighborhoods have patrols that quickly repaint and cover the vandalism and businesses and the public don't suffer the moral decay.

Grafitti.jpg

Just goes to show you cannot do anything,from graffiti  to peeing on the
highway,there's sure to be someone nearby with a bloody smartphone, 
which gets posted online,then millions of people say they are offended,
What they wrote does not make sense,it should have been
Freedom to the people, 

regards worgeordie

Ah away the lads North eastern pastime- vandalising

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well I thought they were acronyms for internet slang but the 'internet slang' page says 'WOAH' is a (deliberate?) misspelling of WHOA. Couldn't find XAWI though. Anyone here know? I thought 'street art' was simply someone 'painting' on a wall or some other large area to hide something less appealing. An unsanctioned decoration? To me the OP is a bit of an eyesore rather than art and defacing what appears to be an otherwise respectable kiosk. But I admit to knowing little about this subject.

10 minutes ago, elnet1 said:

I think that part of the punishment should be to post the addresses of these two parent's home and their homes and mauGR1's home and property and then invite the public over to deface them with grafitti and signatures, all in the name of "street art" imho.

The picture attached shows what happens when vandals start defacing property. The more responsible and affluent neighborhoods have patrols that quickly repaint and cover the vandalism and businesses and the public don't suffer the moral decay.

Grafitti.jpg

Many of the more responsible neighbourhoods invite street artists to create frescoes and even property developers invite graffiti artists to decorate their hoardings.  I agree that the picture you have posted doesn't enhance the boarded up frontage of the empty building but much of that is posters who have illegally attached their advertising.  Maybe you are OK with that?

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Those who can't appreciate street art are sad people imho..

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

Count me in as "Sad"....

Edited by metisdead
Oversize and intrusive emoji removed.