Foreign couple on Silom Road writing graffiti caught on viral video

webfact

Street art, contemporary art, modern art...whatever....art is like food or music...taste is subjective and the appreciation varies from one individual to another....no arguing on that....but there is a difference between talent, creativity and vandalism... and  please, spare the "one man's vandalism is another man's art".....thank you!

NEWS_1381827322.jpg

images-1.jpeg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

The damage is visual, juvenile scribbling on other peoples property is NOT art, it criminal damage. Nothing turns an area into a slum faster than moronic graffiti

Criminal eh, well, let's hope they catch them, so the good people will finally live in a perfect world.

..And it's poverty that turns areas into slums.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Street art, contemporary art, modern art...whatever....art is like food or music...taste is subjective and the appreciation varies from one individual to another....no arguing on that....but there is a difference between talent, creativity and vandalism... and  please, spare the "one man's vandalism is another man's art".....thank you!

NEWS_1381827322.jpg

images-1.jpeg

I am sorry, but i cannot spare you,

"one man's vandalism is another man's art".....

Not because i need to argue, but because it's true.

4 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I am sorry, but i cannot spare you,

"one man's vandalism is another man's art".....

Not because i need to argue, but because it's true.

subjectively of course you are right in not sparing me!! :tongue:...but please !! ...do have some mercy....do not put Bansky in the same basket as the anonymous public toilet wall tagger...please !!!!!:cheesy:

18 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art is not vandalism imho.

Street art, scribbling indelibly on public streets!

Oh hang on, my dog just dropped an artistic sculpture on my step!

Edited by jacko45k

The video on Facebook of these two "apologising" in a police station after being fined 5,000 baht is nauseating.  They are laughing to themselves and there is zero sincerity in the supposed apology, rather it seems they are reveling in being in the spotlight.  They have treated being caught and fined for this as one big joke.

To all those who feel Graffiti is acceptable. I have a very nice acid pen that leaves permanent mark. I am also an artist.  I would love to use it...maybe on your TV screen, on your car windows, maybe on one of your family members, and specifically on your face.  Bet you'd think differently. After all it's you who thinks Graffiti is acceptable.  Oh wait a minute...you suddenly don't like the idea.  Wonder why?

18 hours ago, car720 said:

the strange thing is though that when we old farts have finally faded into history then this type of new age thinking will be the norm.

Actually, it sounds a bit like something Sir Richard Branston would say about always trying to see the good in someone.:cheesy:

555 great clarification! ?

I am by no means an old fart and I think this brain dead ‘tagging’ is out and out vandalism and the act of a drop kick trying to be part of a cause without the ability. 

As a graphics & arts student I respect and admire skilled art no matter its location but this rubbish? I mean c’mon...

16 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

The unfortunate creature doesn't appear to have any ankles. Maybe that's what she's writing, 'Where are my ankles?'.

Those are the modern metamorphosis of 'Kankles', whereas the knees morph into the ankles.

18 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

OK, prison and deportation for you too!  What for, what for...accompliceship! :whistling:Pfffffff

Now I feel obligated to precise that not one millisecond was I serious, of course not, if maugR1 you thought so (I saw your reaction)  I hope you will accept my apologies. :jap:

On the other hand, I reckon since we are on TV everything was possible:smile:

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

555 great clarification! ?

I am by no means an old fart and I think this brain dead ‘tagging’ is out and out vandalism and the act of a drop kick trying to be part of a cause without the ability. 

As a graphics & arts student I respect and admire skilled art no matter its location but this rubbish? I mean c’mon...

Yes, even though it sounds as if I am on their side,  I am not.

Great art is great work in all forms but as so many have already said....." This is just vandalism", especially done by some wannabe moron.

21 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art is not vandalism imho.

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Those who can't appreciate street art are sad people imho..

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

you are a pathetic sad person just like the morons in the video  , in my pretentious opinion.

Caning, jailing and deportation of people like you would bring happiness to the people !!

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

This is Vandalism, They should not do this in other peoples country I wonder if they do it in their own country.

I hope they get detained at the airport when they try to leave.

I would like to see them get busted for this in Singers!

33 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

you are a pathetic sad person just like the morons in the video  , in my pretentious opinion.

Caning, jailing and deportation of people like you would bring happiness to the people !!

Thanks, i'd like to wish you all the best too :smile:

17 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Maybe you are OK with that?

I don't know how you derived that I endorse any type of vandalism, including illegal advertising, anyone that supports that is rather insane, imo. If you ever had a chance to visit some of the larger cities in the US, like LA, SFO, Chicago, NY, where ever you get punks defacing property, you start seeing decline and blight. You would see miles upon miles of urban blight. Then criminals start roaming, most honest citizens start moving out, property values drop like a rock. The vandals don't stop with paint, they use sharp objects to deface glass and seats on trains, including cutting the cushions.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:03 PM, mauGR1 said:

Not in my opinion, where is the damage ?

I can concede that it's not a great example of street art, but that's it.

best part of you was left on the sheets .....

Graffiti is not street art, get it? Graffiti is crap people draw on buildings , phone booths and

walls, caning and deportation sounds reasonable to me. If you are a foreignor, keep your hands

to yourself, and leave so called street art to real artists..

Geezer