Worried about girlfriend leaving him, policeman shoots himself

rooster59

Worried about girlfriend leaving him, policeman shoots himself

By The Nation

c5e75efc2cdbc0e93ae9e38a4c932f93.jpeg

A police lance corporal worried about being jilted by his girlfriend turned his gun on himself and died early Saturday.

Pol Lance Corporal Pongnarin Jajee, 23, from Phaholyothin Police Station, fired a bullet into his right temple with his .38 revolver, Pol Captain Sutthinai Athomprommrat, deputy inspector of Thung Song Hong Police Station, said.

When officers from the Thung Song Hong Police Station arrived at the scene they found Pongnarin’s girlfriend, Rinna Thaworn, 25, crying beside his body near the bed.

Rinna told police that she had a dispute with Pongnarin late Friday night after the policeman suspected that she might leave him for her former boyfriend. Rinna said Pongnarin became jealous when he learned that her ex-boyfriend also worked in her office.

Rinna said the policeman threatened to kill himself with his revolver but she managed to calm him down and take away his gun. She then went to sleep and was woken up by the sound of gunfire. She found Pongnarin had shot himself.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334631

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-23

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

but she managed to calm him down and take away his gun.

It would not have been rocket science to hide the gun, before going to sleep, especially when she could well have been the victim.

Not suspicious ?

Edited by Thaiwrath

Could have been worse.. The guy could have shot to death his girlfriend suspecting infidelity, as so often happens here.

BTW, wonder how this guy fared on the police's psych test when being hired for the job... Ohh... do they even give these guys psych tests before they hand them guns and send them out onto the streets???

But in the end, I guess he showed her.... Haaa!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

It would not have been rocket science to hide the gun, before going to sleep, especially when she could well have been the victim.

Not suspicious ?

she had a lucky escape a man that unhinge could of killed her first then turned the gun on himself.

1 minute ago, jenny2017 said:

Why would you stay with a girl/women first place, if you then celebrate when she leaves you?

That is a question I've been asking myself for a a very long time.   And part of the reason I'm alone and single.  At least I'm not shooting myself when a relationship fails.  So the answer would be sadly that I have not found a compatible partner.  It's not that I don't believe in love, it's more the fear of devastation in love.  Quite a deep subject.  It's not always the female that is manipulated.  Everyone has their personal scars and past memories to live with.  We still have to wake up each day and know that life is better after a bad relationship ends.

He's 23 and a Police Lance Corporal,so has a future and prospects,

some people cannot stand rejection,I am sure he would have been

able to find another girlfriend, he  did not think it through,couple of

weeks and he would have been over her,at least a normal person would.

RIP, waste of a life.

regards worgeordie   A Merry Christmas to all.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

RIP, waste of a life.

Perhaps his first real love? People do stupid things and access to a gun makes all easier. I'm sure that he'd have found another girl. I couldn't get over my first big love, even when she's a witch. 

<deleted>.

The whole thing is just <deleted>.

You can take that comment to refer to the OP, its content; the previous posts, the girlfriends comments, the RTP comments or indeed the sad fact that there is clearly no psycological screening in the RTP before they recruit/issue lethal weapons or indeed to the sad fact that a young man is dead.

The whole thing is <deleted>. 

A sad relection on society today.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

RIP, waste of a life.

reads like she didn't want to leave him but he was jealous as she was working in the same office as her Ex.  Very sad. RIP

14 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Thailand has to be the easiest place on earth to find an attractive girlfriend.

How about ... "... find an attractive girlfriend who is loyal, honest, decent, loving, companionable, trustworthy, doesn't want gold, doesn't watch Thai soaps, cooks foreign food, has a mental age of at least 21, and can put up with my crap. 

14 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Might understand more if he lived in the West.

Now Ulysses, that's just plain dumb, old fella. I lived in the West for 35 years and I understand jack. Just ask my girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Maybe because you have a new girlfriend? Duh!

What an answer. Duh!!! If I don't like to stay with a girl, I'll tell her so. But why would I wait until she leaves me? Please read the post I replied to. Where's my present?