Tips for improving shower pressure ....

SurinBeach

On 12/29/2017 at 6:29 PM, VocalNeal said:

could not find the actual rated flow rate.

http://www.stiebel-eltron-usa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/sizing-guide-dhc-e.pdf

It says abuty 1.5 gpm for a shower? That's only about 6 l/m. I had a laugh at the incoming water temp. In a previous life my incoming water was about 34-35 Fahrenheit. All year

SurinBeach,  I think 'this' post will be a larger issue for you, especially if you go above the 6 litres/minute flow rate of the unit.

On-demand water heaters each have a 'curve' of how much they can raise the incoming water's temperature at a given flow rate (the higher the flow rate the less amount of time the water can be in contact with the heating element).

Suggest you take the shower head off the unit and test its current flow rate (same as you did with the outside bib).

Also measure the water temperatures (both incoming and outgoing) to see how close you are to the limits of your unit.  

On 12/29/2017 at 2:19 PM, farmerjo said:

Is this power shower with twin impellor pump and tank set up available in Thailand.http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/powershower.htm

I've not seen the heaters with the integral pumps here.  They are available on ebay and Lazada Malaysia but for some reason not on Lazada Thailand.  Government restriction???  There was a thread some time ago discussing them but I can't, or am too lslazy to, find it.  Have a Happy and safe New Year.

2 minutes ago, wayned said:

I've not seen the heaters with the integral pumps here.  They are available on ebay and Lazada Malaysia but for some reason not on Lazada Thailand.  Government restriction???  There was a thread some time ago discussing them but I can't, or am too lslazy to, find it.  Have a Happy and safe New Year.

Probably govt. restrictions, too many safety features that Thai sparkies can't uderstand.