Thai women going from farang back to Thai men?

dfdgfdfdgs

51 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I've heard numerous stories of Thai women "going back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner. In many cases, the girls viewed being with a foreigner as an "occupation" and when the job "ended" (for whatever reason), if she had enough money to pay off the family debts and buy a house (etc, etc) she'd go back to her home village and get (back) together with her high school sweetheart (who may or may not have dumped her years earlier after knocking her up). 

This paragraph should be printed on the cover of every TM30 form or as an annex to every VISA issued by the Royal Thai Embassy.

It's about time the Thai Lakorn incorporated this story line into every Thai dramas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, poanoi said:

given that thai woman are OK with not getting paid for the effort of living with a thai man,
in contrast to living with a foreigner, i'd say odds are they chose a thai man if given the choice

So, you think foreign men must pay their Thai women, but Thai men do not?  My, what a narrow-minded thought. Try finding women whose virtue is non-negotiable.

Granted there is a certain element of any culture that prefers relationships with others within that culture. However, I believe that element is narrowing in all cultures. Similarly, there is an element in all cultures which would not accept a relationship with someone who had gone outside their culture, race, religion or even sexual orientation with a previous relationship. 

Reminds me of a Brit friend who was enamored with a certain Thai lady until he met her son, "She had a <deleted> kid," was his lament.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I imagine it happens all the time considering:

That the vast majority of the men here were born here.

That many of these women have had some pretty bad experiences with foreigners

That they probably want to be with someone from their own culture and speaks the language

Not everybody is as awesome as me

You are too modest.

• Like 1

It's probably due to the numbers, how many millions of Thai guys than farangs there are to choose from.

With the number of decent farangs available to Thai women it is no wonder they reconsider taking another trip down the Thai guy route. Human nature depicts we usually take the path of least resistance.

Thai women know the reputation of some farang men in their country and it doesn't help the situation either. Ask yourself, how would a Thai woman find decent foreigner??

• Like 1

There is always a Thai man in the back of her mind , so you'd better take good care of her . Which basically means tell her you love her and make sure she is economically safe for the rest of her life.

If not an old boyfriend could suddenly appear. :shock1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, those mainly motivated by mercenary considerations, decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand - both from Thai men and men from other Asian countries - than they were 20-30 years ago. Also, the economy has changed during this period, providing more educational and occupational opportunities to women, making many women feel less pressured to enter into a relationship for strictly financial reasons.

3. The government has gone to great lengths to stigmatize Thailand's sex industry, and in the process made many Thais feel more self-conscious about being in a  relationship with a foreign man. Many Thais automatically assume that any Thai woman with a foreign man is a sex worker, and many Thai women feel that this loss of social status isn't worth whatever other benefits they receive from the relationship.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that most often people choose mating partners who resemble themselves, thus the default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

1  theres droves of women who eagerly accept most any sized payoff

2  perhaps more in demand on some dating websites thus relates to #1 above.

3  yes perhaps if the woman is aware but the society does not have a stellar level of awareness, about anything

4  i know upscale thai gals that would rather be with matt damon looking foreigners than the average thai male. some women with money simply hire guys they find attractive as they grew up in the money buys anything culture.

• Like 1