Jilted man kills boyfriend of lover in Bangkok

webfact

Jilted man kills boyfriend of lover

By The Nation

An Ayutthaya woman and her current boyfriend went to dine at a popular phadthai shop in Bangkok late Thursday night and ended up being chased down by her former boyfriend who shot both of them on Ayutthaya Road, police said.

Pol Captain Chaiya Nakklinkul, the deputy inspector of Phra-in Racha Police Station, was alerted at 3am to the shooting that took place under a U-turn bridge on the outbound Phaholyothin Road in Ayutthaya’s Bang Pa-in district.

Police found the body of Saksit Srithong, 36, behind the wheel of his pickup truck. His girlfriend, Wanruedee Prasitkul, was injured with a gunshot wound on her chest and rushed to the Bang Pa-in Hospital before police arrived at the scene.

Two other passengers, who were not injured, told police that they went to have late dinner at the Phatthai Pratu Phee shop in Bangkok and met relatives of Wanruedee’s ex-boyfriend by chance.

After the dinner they were worried that the relatives would call the jealous ex-boyfriend, the survivors told police.

When they reached the U-turn bridge, another pickup chased them and tried to cut to the front to force Saksit to stop. Eventually Saksit’s pickup hit a concrete barrier under the bridge and could not move.

The ex-boyfriend then came out of his pickup and fired twice at Saksit and once at Wanruedee and fled the scene.

Police said they will hunt down the ex-boyfriend, whose name was withheld.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336637

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-19

Either this kind of tragedy is on the increase or it is getting reported more.  :sad:

Makes you wonder if the death penalty would be more  appropriate for such premeditated murder instead of a prison sentence.

If it is found the relatives tipped off the boyfriend they should also face some kind of charge for aiding and abetting

RIP the victim. 

The fragility and insecurity of the Thai male ego whilst having a habitual hissy-fit about his perceived machismo knows no bounds. Couple that with the deeply held belief that the law is only for other people because he's special (mummy said so...so there) and you have a creature that deeply deserves the uttermost contempt from others. 

Edited by Sir Dude

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

premeditated murder with witnesses... give him a lethal injection asap and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Along with those relatives who called the ex bf as that is abetting / setting up the murder. 

Edited by mushroomdave

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Fragile thai males ego....what is it about not accepting rejection with good grace here.

R.I.P. to the deceased  :wai:

Agreed. Perhaps acid would be better as seems to be quite common in the UK and similar Middle Eastern cultures. 

3 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

The fragility and insecurity of the Thai male ego whilst having a habitual hissy-fit about his perceived machismo knows no bounds. Couple that with the deeply held belief that the law is only for other people because he's special (mummy said so...so there) and you have a creature that deeply deserves the uttermost contempt from others. 

I take it you don't live in Thailand.  If you do.. Why?  You have the utmost contempt for 50% of the population. 

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

I take it you don't live in Thailand.  If you do.. Why?  You have the utmost contempt for 50% of the population. 

Anymore silly troll comments? Might as well get them out of your system whilst you are on a roll...haha. 

43 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Actually, it is.  The U.S. has 5 times the population of Thailand, but Thailand has over twice as many gun deaths/murders.  Look it up.

There seems to be some huge variations in data available.  On one wiki page it says Thailand had just over 3000 deaths compared to the USA of over 12,000 deaths. 

Other data says something completely different.  One site quotes the USA  as having roughly the same number of gun deaths as traffic deaths...... Over 30,000 in one year. 

Lies,  damn lies,  and statistics.

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I can't speak for him but I don't choose to live somewhere because of the people of the same gender as me, I choose to live there for the environment/nature/girls/weather/food, in that order.

19 hours ago, tryasimight said:

There seems to be some huge variations in data available.  On one wiki page it says Thailand had just over 3000 deaths compared to the USA of over 12,000 deaths. 

Other data says something completely different.  One site quotes the USA  as having roughly the same number of gun deaths as traffic deaths...... Over 30,000 in one year. 

Lies,  damn lies,  and statistics.

The US govt. has flatly refused to keep and code and make available to the public the actual real number of gun deaths because of the power (bribe money)  oooppps patriotic campaign contributions of the National Rifle Association to our pols.   So you will find different data on different sites because it is all really a guess.  If you take the number of homicides the US has a very high rate.  There is no way to get those numbers boiled down any further.