running bare-chested

LGMV

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2018 at 5:24 AM, BwindiBoy said:

In summary:  If you are respectable, shirt on.  If you are a Chav, shirt off.

Doesn't matter what class you are from, if you have a good body then of course shirt off, that is after all one of the main reasons why you make the effort to have a good body... so you can show it off.

If you don't have a good body then well done for getting out there and exercising but keep your flabby belly covered until it's gone. 

11 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Doesn't matter what class you are from, if you have a good body then of course shirt off, that is after all one of the main reasons why you make the effort to have a good body... so you can show it off.

If you don't have a good body then well done for getting out there and exercising but keep your flabby belly covered until it's gone. 

I don't feel compelled to show of my body.. and I think it looks good. If you got a real good body it shows even if you wear clothes. My reason for having a good body is simple.. i have seen myself fat and hated it. The only one I am doing it for is myself and yes it does help with the ladies too (some like muscular others don't but not many like fat). But was married at the time i transformed myself so that had no influence at all.

I feel even with a good body you don't need to show it off by jogging bare chested. 

15 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Who are the people that want to see your body ?

Who are you showing your body off to and do they actually want to see your body ?

Do females look at you lustfuly and imagine what you are like to have sex with ?

Or is that just your imagination ?

You should keep your shirt on to protect against sun cancer.

Personally I am not over concerned if some guy is jogging topless or not.  But if you are not in good body shape, it will be offensive to others.. and probably make you look like an idiot and low class in most peoples eyes. 

If you have a good body then that's not so bad, but you will probably look like a selfish self loving jerk in most peoples eyes.

My advise would be to have some manners and keep your shirt on.

22 minutes ago, seancbk said:

And if one thinks one have a good mind, one should be able to go up to people and give them one`s opinion.  Kind of like showing off one`s mind.

And if one thinks one have a good singing voioce, one should be able to go up to people and give them a song or two.  Kind of like showing off one`s voice.

Or we could all just be respectful and wait until other`s asked to see our special attributes

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't feel compelled to show of my body.. and I think it looks good. If you got a real good body it shows even if you wear clothes. My reason for having a good body is simple.. i have seen myself fat and hated it. The only one I am doing it for is myself and yes it does help with the ladies too (some like muscular others don't but not many like fat). But was married at the time i transformed myself so that had no influence at all.

I feel even with a good body you don't need to show it off by jogging bare chested. 

Yeah sure, some people are not the show off type.   I know when I've got a visible six pack I want to show it as much as possible.    

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

Yeah sure, some people are not the show off type.   I know when I've got a visible six pack I want to show it as much as possible.    

Why dont you post a photo of your six pack on here , that way , many more people will get to see it

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why dont you post a photo of your six pack on here , that way , many more people will get to see it

I said when I have one.   Currently I'm about 5 kilos overweight. 

I'm not proud of my body at the moment, so I keep it covered up.

16 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I got a visible 6 pack.. upper part anyway lower part flat slab with some fat (not much at all). Still more could be stripped off but those last lil bits are hard and even if i strip it off there will still be a flat slab there (genetics). I am working hard to get the last part to look even better. But truth be told.. last part is the hardest and you need good genes. 

But even if I have that i still don't feel the need to show off. I have my own gym at home fully stocked so I don't even show off at the gym. It was fun when i went to a public gym in Thailand.. you always have some people looking at you and asking things once your bigger then normal. 

Now i try to balance things a bit more because the exercise regime and diet (hardest) should be liveable. 

3 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I said when I have one.   Currently I'm about 5 kilos overweight. 

I'm not proud of my body at the moment, so I keep it covered up.

That is how it always goes.. ups and downs.. i need to lose 1 or 2 kg still maybe more if i want to go really crazy. But this time I am doing it slowly. Eating loads of salads and other healthy food. Trying to slowly get it down. Adding some high carb days and high caloric days so my body does not slow down too much.

I do know that the last part is the hardest and i read everywhere it is. Its real hard (for most) to keep a real clear visible 6 pack. Because the body constantly wants to put fat there and the fat percentage needed for it is not a percentage the body likes (in general). There are people however who have a lower set point of body-fat. A lot has to do with genetics.. if you got a 6 pack.. 8 pack or  4 pack with a slab of muscle below. 

I still would not show off too much but to each his or her own. 

Just now, robblok said:

I got a visible 6 pack.. upper part anyway lower part flat slab with some fat (not much at all). Still more could be stripped off but those last lil bits are hard and even if i strip it off there will still be a flat slab there (genetics). I am working hard to get the last part to look even better. But truth be told.. last part is the hardest and you need good genes. 

But even if I have that i still don't feel the need to show off. I have my own gym at home fully stocked so I don't even show off at the gym. It was fun when i went to a public gym in Thailand.. you always have some people looking at you and asking things once your bigger then normal. 

Now i try to balance things a bit more because the exercise regime and diet (hardest) should be liveable. 

I'm sure you look great Rob, although personally I find the big muscle look less appealing than the slim and toned look.   

I like being able to wear slim fit shirts in a medium size.    The thought that I might have to wear anything with L in the label makes me feel like I'm getting too fat.

5 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I'm sure you look great Rob, although personally I find the big muscle look less appealing than the slim and toned look.   

I like being able to wear slim fit shirts in a medium size.    The thought that I might have to wear anything with L in the label makes me feel like I'm getting too fat.

Lets put it this way.. I don't like the way how pro bodybuilders look. I wear XL to XXL depending on what clothes (jeans 32-34). Not for the belly but shoulders and arms don't fit otherwise. I am no Arnold.. just above average muscle wise. I like the muscular look with low body fat. How much muscle one can get is determined by genetics (the max anyway). You don't become big muscled over night and can stop at any time.

I always have to laugh when people say I won't do weight lifting as i worry i get too much muscle.. If it was that easy to gain muscle :smile:.

I accepted a long time ago that some people like muscular others like toned more but almost none like fat. But as i said before.. i became the way I am for myself.. not to please others.. I hated how i looked when i was fat.

Edited by robblok

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

That's fine, you want to show off that stud body.  But you should take it to a place where the people might actually appreciate it.  A gay nightclub comes to mind. 

I know when I've got a visible six pack I want to show it as much as possible.

That smacks of lack of self-confidence.

I have a six-pack and I'm approaching 60 years old. I have no urge whatsoever to take off my shirt, so that other women (and gay men) can 'ooo' and 'aaah' at my Adonis body :)

When I jog, I always wear a running shirt and shorts, and it's obvious to others that I've got a fit body (my waist size is 30 inches, down from 34 inches last year). But I look fit, not thin.

It doesn't matter if you are ripped or flabby - please keep your shirt on. Edited by simon43