Bangkok soon to be a megacity

webfact

16 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

It does not mean you hate it if you point out it's shortcomings, the last thing it needs is to get a lot larger. It's a badly planned, poorly built dirty polluted sprawl as it is, and that would just go on. Where are all the parks and open spaces, the libraries or theaters? can't think of any in Thonburi. If people left it would still be the corrupt third world place it is now with soi dogs, rubbish and prostitutes all over the place. There is not a lot to respect here really, certainly not these fantasy future predictions of a mega city, more like a mega slum.

IMO calling Thailand a shthole does not communicate a love or respect for the place. Additionally many other comments are expats that daily or regularly love to point out never ending “shortcomings” that clearly appear to be laced with hate and biased and falsehood. For these posters I simply wish they would exit and find a better place for them if that place exists. No one should live in a place they view as a shthole and with the opinion that the Thai people that allow them to relocate here are consistently wrong or not intelligent.  Peace 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Krataiboy said:

So global warming is just a myth, then.

Bangkok Is Sinking and May Be Underwater in 15 Years, Study Says 

27 Jul 2015 - A new report says Thailand's capital city could be underwater in 15 years, thanks to a combination of land subsidence and rising global sea levels. ... Should it continue at this rate for the rest of this century, by 2100 "Bangkok will be fully submerged and unliveable," the Global Post reports. 

Not exactly, it's been happening for millions of years and is normal.  The myth is that it is significant, that it will affect us significantly and that humans changing their behavior could affect it significantly.

Edited by Just Weird

9 hours ago, toughlove said:

To the bashers living in fan rooms in nahkon nowhere this is where bangkok is heading. Yep 1 to 5 million USA DOLLARS in nana of all places.
Well done to those who bought up big time on Sukhumvit when it was still cheap emoji3.pngIMG_20170907_174746.jpg

Lovely over priced tiny condos in an area populated by ladyboys, prostitutes and African drug dealers. The infrastructure is so poor it floods at the slightest down poor and the last vestige of green is to be concreted over as well for yet more condos and shops, nice. Only idiots and the HK brigade will buy at this price.

Lovely over priced tiny condos in an area populated by ladyboys, prostitutes and African drug dealers. The infrastructure is so poor it floods at the slightest down poor and the last vestige of green is to be concreted over as well for yet more condos and shops, nice. Only idiots and the HK brigade will buy at this price.

Your missing the big picture, the clean up of the area has been in full swing. The Hyatt regency opens 3rd quarter on soi 13 and sofitel are both 5 star and 2 minutes walk away, again billions of baht with skin in the game  . Do we belive the the developers who are a billion baht or we believe some dude on an anonymous forum called Orton Rd? Not even in Thailand unless I missed Orton Rd

Ok thought about it.. Yep I was right [emoji3] I'm going with the billions of baht!

17 hours ago, Wake Up said:

IMO calling Thailand a shthole does not communicate a love or respect for the place. Additionally many other comments are expats that daily or regularly love to point out never ending “shortcomings” that clearly appear to be laced with hate and biased and falsehood. For these posters I simply wish they would exit and find a better place for them if that place exists. No one should live in a place they view as a shthole and with the opinion that the Thai people that allow them to relocate here are consistently wrong or not intelligent.  Peace 

:clap2:

17 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well the London Underground system is currently 402 kms, so a big possibility for BKK I suppose. 

Come on 400 km of tunnels in 5 years !!  maybe technically possible  but the cost, planning ,logistics,disruption,manpower would be astronomical.   It took London over 100 years.

8 hours ago, johng said:

Come on 400 km of tunnels in 5 years !!  maybe technically possible  but the cost, planning ,logistics,disruption,manpower would be astronomical.   It took London over 100 years.

Sorry johng :smile: I had no idea of the current length of the Metro in BKK, just checked LOL, yep, they have quite a way to go, maybe one day :biggrin:

Edited by Golden Triangle