Belgian benefit fraudster ran property business in Thailand while claiming unemployment handouts

webfact

Belgian benefit fraudster ran property business in Thailand while claiming unemployment handouts

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A court in Belgian has ordered a man to pay fines and compensation totaling more than three million baht after he ran a business in Thailand for six years.

A Thai Rath reporter in Belgium said that the court handed down a 3,600 Euro (144,000 baht) fine to a man named only as Philippe R.

He was also ordered to pay back 73,900 Euros (2.9 million baht) in unemployment benefit.

The court heard that the Belgian, from Lens, ran a business buying and renting property in Thailand.

He failed to turn up after a summons was issued in December.

Thai Rath did not report his exact whereabouts or other details of his life in Thailand except to say that he lived in the kingdom from February 2010 to May 2016.

His location now was also not reported.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-01

58 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Philippe R. doesn t sound like an Belgian name.     555

Why not? The Netherlands including Belgium and Holland is very close to France, and have a fairly big movement between their countries regarding nationalities.
Maybe he is born in Belgium by a french father and a belgian mother. Very easy to understand. So, in fact, it sound exactly like a belgian name.

According to he alleged economical crime. He is probably just another looser that tries to take advantage of a system that has no control.

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

Why not? The Netherlands including Belgium and Holland is very close to France, and have a fairly big movement between their countries regarding nationalities.
Maybe he is born in Belgium by a french father and a belgian mother. Very easy to understand. So, in fact, it sound exactly like a belgian name.

According to he alleged economical crime. He is probably just another looser that tries to take advantage of a system that has no control.

I think the poster you quoted was being sarcastic. 

1 minute ago, Get Real said:

I just don t think the surname R. is that common in Belgium.  But I deffer to your knowledge of geography and linguistics.  555 also for your benefit I will note SARCASM so you fully comprehend what is going on around you

1 hour ago, isaanbanhou said:

I just don t think the surname R. is that common in Belgium.  But I deffer to your knowledge of geography and linguistics.  555 also for your benefit I will note SARCASM so you fully comprehend what is going on around you

Looks more to me that you think that I have problem seeing and reading certain words if they are not bigger than others. 

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Looks more to me that you think that I have problem seeing and reading certain words if they are not bigger than others. 

"Sorry for that. Next time I will try to explain myself in a much easier way to make you happy."  555 shoes on the other foot my young prolific poster

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Typical.

Guys like him get nabbed.

So called fugitives can do anything.

To be precise, Belgium has a Dutch speaking part, called Flanders, also a French speaking part called Wallon, and a slight part where they speak German.

So his family has ties with the French speaking part of Belgium.

Edited by hansnl

8 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

"Sorry for that. Next time I will try to explain myself in a much easier way to make you happy."  555 shoes on the other foot my young prolific poster

Yep, and own ideas are hard to come up with. You just had to copy me post to have something to post. Says a lot my probably older poster. :smile:

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

Typical.

Guys like him get nabbed.

So called fugitives can do anything.

To be precise, Belgium has a Dutch speaking part, called Flanders, also a French speaking part called Wallon, and a slight part where they speak German.

So his family has ties with the French speaking part of Belgium.

Any Belgians doesn't really exist. Half the country is French and the other half is Dutch. Yeah, there are a few Germans too.

And most identify themselves as such as well.

In the "Revue de Belgique" of 15 August 1912 he (Jules Destrée) articulates this in his famous and notorious "Lettre au roi sur la séparation de la Wallonie et de la Flandre" (Letter to the king on the separation of Wallonia and Flanders), where he wrote:

In Belgium there are Walloons and Flemings. There are no Belgians.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Destrée

12 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Let's take a vote  -  who else thinks we need a "Sarcasm" emoticon selection and well as the old 'Don;t feed the trolls'  

19 hours ago, Get Real said:

The Netherlands is the official name for Holland.

Belgium is no part of it.

Belgium consists of Flemish, Wallon and a small part of German areas.

The French speaking people can hardly speak Dutch, let alone they would master Flemish.

The Dutch cannot understand Flemish.

There is not a fairly big movement between the countries regarding nationalities, only in the border areas.

18 hours ago, Brayka said:

Those losers give all the farangs a bad name ?

There is noting telling he did scam any buyers or tenants in Thailand. Guess if you can do this work as a foreigner in Thailand for 6y you will not do a very bad job or the Thai police would already have been knocking on his doors.

Only thing he did was telling the Belgian gouvernement he was unemployed, got 74000€ and made an extra income and happy life in Thailand.

17 hours ago, henry15 said:

Hes from the town LENS and thats a French town.

Accually they tell here he would come from Ohain (Lasne) in Walloon Brabant Belgium. And not Lens like they write inhere.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In the UK, you have to 'sign on' in person every 2 weeks - seemingly there must be a huge flaw in the Belgium benefit set up, or else the guy is clocking up some serious air mile every fortnight !

if you stay more than 1 hour walk from a benefit office you can do by post or online, no need to sign on

21 hours ago, Get Real said:

Belgium if any you people have been there  have so many different languages and people French, Dutch, Flemish, English, and German It is a real basket case of so many nationalities living there. So Philippi would be of a Belgian  with a french name Where is he now? Not in Thailand Probably selling ice to eskimos Con men can sell anything

2 hours ago, Chris Renaix said:

The Netherlands is the official name for Holland.

Belgium is no part of it.

Belgium consists of Flemish, Wallon and a small part of German areas.

The French speaking people can hardly speak Dutch, let alone they would master Flemish.

The Dutch cannot understand Flemish.

There is not a fairly big movement between the countries regarding nationalities, only in the border areas.

Correct except for one part. The Dutch can understand the Flemish.

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

In the "Revue de Belgique" of 15 August 1912 he (Jules Destrée) articulates this in his famous and notorious "Lettre au roi sur la séparation de la Wallonie et de la Flandre" (Letter to the king on the separation of Wallonia and Flanders), where he wrote:

In Belgium there are Walloons and Flemings. There are no Belgians.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Destrée

Some 2.000 years ago however......

(from wikiquote)

• Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.
    • Of all these, the Belgians are the bravest/strongest.
    • Caesar suffered his greatest military defeat at the hands of the Belgians, the humiliation reaching Rome, and infuriating the man who then set out on one of Rome's biggest campaigns to crush the Republic's most feared rebels once and for all.

Personally, I blame the EU for our misfortunes of today.

:sorry: