driving license & confiscated

Seanbhoy

paid 100baht to a police officer under the table on Monday for using a road a motorcycle shouldn't really use, obviously I have no evidence of it as it was to avoid getting a ticket - happy days 

Problem, about 300 meters further up on vihawadi rangsit road there was a proper police check point who stopped me again, they wouldn't accept money and issued me a ticket for using the wrong road (just unlucky, 1000s of bikes use the road everyday) the same road I had just paid the 100b, I explained and he said no ticket no evidence (I'm pretty certain that's what he said) - he said go to work and bring the ticket to the police station and get your license back.

The fines 500b - someone's telling me I can haggle? is this true?

if I explain to the officer at the station again, you think he will believe me and just gimme it back?

3 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

why shouldn't you be using motorcycle ?

No they have 3 types of roads, toll way - obviously no motorcycle. Highway for all traffic or highway for cars only.

usually I just don’t stop but sone silly twonk infront of me was dithering so it would be to blatant if I sped off.

i never ever stop for them cos it’s money every time, or if you done nothing wrong it’s like 10 minutes of <deleted> around

Why bother to get the licence back?

My wife drives with no license, tax, insurance or helmet, says they will fine you no matter what, so might as well save on all the unnecessary expenses and just pay the 'instant fines'. Tickets they issue are just thrown.

You’re wife has a typical Thai attitude - zero logic

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You’ll have to pay the 500 Baht to get your license back. But…while at the police station you can fill out the simple one page refund form (just ask for one) explaining the misunderstanding...and the police will be happy to refund your initial 100 Baht.

Edited by Hayduke

Explain again at the policestation and they may arrest you for corruption.

Very simple, you were caught riding illegally, so pay the fine at the policestation and get your license back. And shut up about illegal activities you committed.

I shouldn't have to accept this ticket because I just bribed one of your officers five minutes earlier not to give me one - that should go down well, why not add that you're on overstay and working illegally also, just to be certain!

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

For heavens sake, go pay your 500 & get your licence back. Why the big fuss?

Your dear wife is just stupid & just sums up some of the social issue problems that exist until their little mindsets can be changed

whos wife?

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

For heavens sake, go pay your 500 & get your licence back. Why the big fuss?

Your dear wife is just stupid & just sums up some of the social issue problems that exist until their little mindsets can be changed

i'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there as it was not me who mentioned anything about my wife or family but i do think you are treading on very thin ice to who ever you are talking about.

my wife doesn't ride a motorcycle and not because of class difference or that she has a driver or a car - just because she thinks its dangerous.

I think you owe the person an apology who you are talking too, as if it was me id be a little upset.

3 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

I didn't bribe anyone, I wanted to go to work, he wanted some money - win win

Sorry Seanbhoy but you did bribe a police officer when you paid him 100baht not to give you a ticket and then you tried to bribe other officers 300 metres away not to give you a ticket. You are guilty of bribing an officer of the law go to the police station and pay the fine and get your license back and do not kick up a fuss because you might just end up in more trouble

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry Seanbhoy but you did bribe a police officer when you paid him 100baht not to give you a ticket and then you tried to bribe other officers 300 metres away not to give you a ticket. You are guilty of bribing an officer of the law go to the police station and pay the fine and get your license back and do not kick up a fuss because you might just end up in more trouble

hmm, i think you misunderstood, i paid a premium which benefited me, the officer and the country on a whole.

2 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

hmm, i think you misunderstood, i paid a premium which benefited me, the officer and the country on a whole.

You can twist and turn as much as you like and make all the excuses and claims but at the end of the day the RTP have your license and all the advise that everyone is giving you is to go and pay the fine and get your license back and to keep your mouth shut or you will end up in more trouble so do not get smart with them because you did bribe a police officer. End of story

I have found the "pay now " option has all but disappeared, people have dash cams, phone cams etc and the police know it. I can see the OPs point though, he paid the good old fashioned "pay now" option and it wasn't honered up the road.