Top ten ways to avoid Dengue Fever

webfact

Not a big deal. I got it 2 years ago. Was like a flew. Took some Paracetamol and drank a lot. I mean water..... After 2 weeks forgotten already. But I know a second time could be worse. 
If it was only flu like symptoms how do you know it was dengue? I guess you'd only get tested if you felt bad enough

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
24 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:
An Australian friend put me onto this product.

http://www.bushman-repellent.com/index.html

Their strong range has 80% DEET.  When I enter a high risk area, I always use this, plus, long sleeves etc. 

I've noticed that the dengue carrying mosquito bites straight through clothes. I know I've watched them do it before i kill them

You can always treat your clothes with permethrin.

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
9 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:
Not a big deal. I got it 2 years ago. Was like a flew. Took some Paracetamol and drank a lot. I mean water..... After 2 weeks forgotten already. But I know a second time could be worse. 

If it was only flu like symptoms how do you know it was dengue? I guess you'd only get tested if you felt bad enough

Yes in a clinic and then went home. 

33 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

And they provided a nice bed, gave you a couple of paracetamol and probably a drip with some salts.... and you filled the pockets of hospital and docs. Hahaha typical farang 

Sad, you trying to ridicule others who go to hospital with a life threatening sickness.

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sad, you trying to ridicule others who go to hospital with a life threatening sickness.

Not at all, but there are a lot of hypochondriacs on the way. And life threatening???? You are a Little bit exaggerating....:sad:. But anyway, I'm not your nurse....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tapster said:

@sawadee1947

You're trolling, mate!

Dengue can be fatal, full stop!

Do some research and don't be so proud of your ignorance.

Grow up laddie....you can die when crossing the street or using a motorbike as on many other occasions to die. All fatal indeed. Fullstop. Do some research. Thailand is number one in fatal accidents on the road. Fullstop.

Don't try to be smart.

• Sad 1

I'm confused - what's the comparison between road accidents and dengue...?

I only got dengue once, not in Phuket (where I lived for many years), but in the mosquito-infested town of Donsak (where the ferries leave for Samui).

I have an aversion to hospitals, but stayed for 2 nights in Phuket Siriroj hospital because I felt terrible.

BUPA Thailand picked up the bill...

I use the Dettol liquid bath soap, has a petroleum smell biting bugs don't like, haven't been bitten in ages, cept for the sand fleas in JomTien Beach, I don't think anything deters them little basterds..........too bad it doesn't work on fat Russian tourists, and woman with hairy armpits.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:14 PM, stevenl said:

don't pay him any mind, you can see he doesn;t have a life after 20,000 posts, all he does is get on TVF and redicule other people, he thinks he is not a foreigner any longer as he refers to everyone else as Farang,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2018 at 5:23 AM, Jimi007 said:

It seems you know little to nothing about dengue! There are now five separate strains of dengue identified, one can be quite deadly. To quote an article on the subject: "when a person is infected a second time with a different strain of the virus, the antibodies to the first can enhance the body’s reaction to the second strain and may cause severe dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), dengue shock syndrome (DSS), and possibly death."

If you would have read all my posts concerning this matter you would not send such nonsense.