Used Thai cement bags turned into chic accessories in Europe

webfact

Used Thai cement bags turned into chic accessories in Europe

By Coconuts Bangkok 

co.jpg

Just when you think European fashion houses have had enough of Asia-inspired accessories, a Swiss company is repurposing used Thai cement bags into chic accessories.

Following the popularity of Zara’s sarong skirt and Balenciaga’s market bag, Thai social media is blowing up with people sharing photos of the familiar logos seen at Thai construction sites. The all-too-common Tiger and Insee Diamond cement bags have been turned into luxury goods sold in Europe.

The Facebook page that first shared the photos wrote, “My friend in Germany sent me these pictures. They look so familiar. The cement bags from our home [in Thailand] have been turned into products sold at [European] shopping malls. The customers love these and think the bags are so chic.”

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/used-thai-cement-bags-turned-chic-accessories-europe/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-02-27
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Seriously?? ... :cheesy: ...

Yes seriously, they also make bicyclebags and shoppingbags from the old fabric which is used on big trailers and they're expensive and in fashion. Recycling is like hybrid cars, for hi-so's who are willing to save the environment.

But also in Singapore they asked me if i want a plastic bag or not to save the environment. When i said no i don't need it the vendor said "thanks for saving the environment".

The world develops while Thailand is standing still.

3 hours ago, CLW said:

What a load of nonsense. Typical Coconuts reporting.
How should they put the paper cement bag to the back of the backpack and protect from deterioration?
They just copied the logo and print it on the fabric.

Coconuts says, "The bags, which are combined with Italian leather, are from Swiss company Elephbo. The fashion house turns the used cement bags into backpacks, sneakers, hats, and wallets"

They actually use the bags. So no, they don't just copy the logo.

See video where discarded Cambodian cement bags are made into similar products"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes seriously, they also make bicyclebags and shoppingbags from the old fabric which is used on big trailers and they're expensive and in fashion. Recycling is like hybrid cars, for hi-so's who are willing to save the environment.

But also in Singapore they asked me if i want a plastic bag or not to save the environment. When i said no i don't need it the vendor said "thanks for saving the environment".

Be patient my friend, Thai Niyom Yangyuen has been implemented to bring them into the nineteenth century!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CLW said:

How should they put the paper cement bag to the back of the backpack and protect from deterioration?

These bags are not paper. They are some type of plastic that can handle very heavy cement.

You can see how they stand up to water in the video as they are washed in post #11.

And you can see how they manufacture using them.

• Like 1

These bags are not paper. They are some type of plastic that can handle very heavy cement.
You can see how they stand up to water in the video as they are washed in post #11.
And you can see how they manufacture using them.
Okay I'll correct myself after looking at their kickstarter website.
The bags are obviously made of some woven fabric and not paper.
I think the cement bags in Thailand are paper?
So they come from Cambodia?

On 2/28/2018 at 8:13 AM, Thian said:

Standing still in the past, and now going backwards in so many ways.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 8:59 AM, CLW said:

someone with low IQ would have immediately catch on to that.