Arsenal

MiG16

Was so nervous I only had 2 beers all match! Ramsey's passing and Walcott's inability to gather a pass had me a bit shouty

Still Happy St Totteringham's day finally - might be last one for a bit! And see you next season on CTH!

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

heard an interesting fact today, in the period that has elapsed since Wenger won his last bit of silverware all 91 clubs within the national leagues have parted company with their manager. either through sacking, retired, mutual consent, end of contract or have moved on to better things.

what do the even hardest of die hard fans think of that ?

I think it's a measure of his loyalty to the club and the faith it had in him to undertake the stadium project and keep Arsenal competitive.

Simple, really.

I was trying to think if that stat was true, then I realise Dario Gradi is now youth team director at Crewe, still 30-odd years at the same club though.

Wenger has done an incredible job at Arsenal given the financial restraints he's been under. And to achieve champions league every season. All things considered the stadium probably should have been named after him.

Well, thanks carmine. I think Wenger, buoyed on by your sudden turnaround of opinion and fulsome praise here, must have been encouraged enough to spur on his team to victory in their final match! tongue.png

It wasn't really about last night. On January 22nd Arsenal were 7 point adrift of Spurs having played the same amount of games. To their credit they clawed their way back, which I didn't think they would do. They ground out a result last night, it wasn't pretty but hey, how often have people said "if you play poor and still win, that's the sign of a good team".

heard an interesting fact today, in the period that has elapsed since Wenger won his last bit of silverware all 91 clubs within the national leagues have parted company with their manager. either through sacking, retired, mutual consent, end of contract or have moved on to better things.

what do the even hardest of die hard fans think of that ?

I think it's a measure of his loyalty to the club and the faith it had in him to undertake the stadium project and keep Arsenal competitive.

Simple, really.

I was trying to think if that stat was true, then I realise Dario Gradi is now youth team director at Crewe, still 30-odd years at the same club though.

Wenger has done an incredible job at Arsenal given the financial restraints he's been under. And to achieve champions league every season. All things considered the stadium probably should have been named after him.

Well, thanks carmine. I think Wenger, buoyed on by your sudden turnaround of opinion and fulsome praise here, must have been encouraged enough to spur on his team to victory in their final match! tongue.png

Correction. I'm not having that. I have never questioned his status as a very fine manager. Please read my posts.

I have spoken in a derogatory manner regarding his bad sportsmanship lack of any grace in losing and that he's an utter hypocrite, but never that he's anything other than a great manager

Edited by carmine

I have spoken in a derogatory manner regarding his bad sportsmanship lack of any grace in losing and that he's an utter hypocrite, but never that he's anything other than a great manager

Yes, bring back Frank Brettell eh, those were the days.

cheesy.gif

On the bright side you don't have to shit yourselves until the Champions League final.

cheesy.gif

On the bright side you don't have to shit yourselves until the Champions League final.

Stop behaving like a knob. Its not as if you've won anythingbiggrin.png

cheesy.gif

BKpaWNYCYAED2el.png

cheesy.gif

We don't need to, we weren't out to win anything, we have a stadium to finish paying for.

Thankfully you've just donated another 60 million quid.

On the bright side you might get that when Bale goes to Real Madrid.

cheesy.gif

As a lifelong 'Gunner' fan, I hope to be there ... anyone else going?

Vietnam vs Arsenal

Wed 17th Jul 19.00 My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi

am in Vietnam a month prior :( dont think I can afford to go back again that soon

they are also playing in Indonesia the same week

Yes - if tickets are get attable. Arsenal website not giving ticket info yet. Tickets for the Gunners game in Jakarta (not going there again - been on biz - all the tourist attractiveness of a public lavatory!) are on sale now.

Bon mot form Wenger:

"The competition is very hard and there is not as much talent as there is money today in football."

Aint that the truth!

Sounds a bit bitter to me. What he should have said is, "theres just as much talent these days, the problem is too much money."

Perhaps he should refrain from spending over 11m on players of the abil;ity of Gervinholaugh.png

Bon mot form Wenger:

"The competition is very hard and there is not as much talent as there is money today in football."

Aint that the truth!

Sounds a bit bitter to me. What he should have said is, "theres just as much talent these days, the problem is too much money."

Perhaps he should refrain from spending over 11m on players of the abil;ity of Gervinho:lol:

Sounds a bit bitter to me :-).

Can't deny the Gervinho reference though. He hasn't even had a purple patch, which at least Arshavin did (or did you blink and miss it?!)

Edited by SantiSuk

Ever since last sunday I have the first few lines of Bette Midler's "The wind beneath my wings" song in my head. Can't seem to shake it.

Do you remember the lyrics ?

Here they are :

" Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,

to never have sunlight on your face.

You were not content to let me shine, that's your way.

You always walked a step behind.
"

Beautifull isn't it ?

Happy St.Totteringham's to all Arsenal supporters clap2.gifgiggle.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

So when is your play off game to see if you can get into the champions league?

We've had to do it five times, so it's not exactly a new experience.

I'm sure you would rather it was your rag tag bunch of travelling clowns that was doing it.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

From a Gooner friend of mine:

A friend of mine (captain for Virgin airlines) flew the spuds to Miami yesterday. They are having a team sorrow session in Bermuda. One of the Gooner stewardesses had to be restrained from asking Mr Bale if he planned to visit the reefs and do a bit of diving.......[/size]

smile.png Edited by Chicog
  • Like 2

I'm sure you would rather it was your rag tag bunch of travelling clowns that was doing it.

thumbsup.gif

Whatever numbnuts can you just answer the question?

thumbsup.gif

Whatever numbnuts can you just answer the question?

Already answered, but it's normally sandwiched around the first or second league match so the team will be ready.