Arsenal

MiG16

we'll accept you with open arms, right Miss Mig? :D

no offense to anyone :)

but Id rather be the lone Arsenal supporter and continue talking to myself for the next 4 years :D

:D That's the first sign of madness Mig

Yea Sami, guess Super Migs doesn't like the competition for attention on here. You can always try helping out MR BJ in the City thread mate. Or if you feel like inflicting some brain damage upon yourself, go spend some time in the West Ham, Spurs or Millwall threads :D

I thought I read The Prof would walk if that guy gains control?

I hope it's just a rumor. There's gonna be a lot of unhappy supporters (myself included) if the The Prof leave the club. I hope the new owner will take that into consideration.

Yea Sami, guess Super Migs doesn't like the competition for attention on here.

true Arsenal supporters are always welcome

I was referring to Hazri's comment about converting some ManU supporter :)

Miss Mig, we're in this together, no? Through thick and thin, Arsenal forever. :D

ofcourse :D

Arsene Wenger hardly showed any grace in defeat at Sunderland. Despite vastly improved performances including taking 7 out of 12 points from "the big four".

“It’s very difficult to measure whether they have improved from last season” . It really is a strange thing to say when you consider the dross that was served at The Stadium of Light last season. He then added “Sunderland tried more to destroy and we had more of the ball, so they tried to stop us from playing, sometimes on the fringe of the rules, but that’s part of the game”.

I think he's missed the point. Steve Bruce has introduced a real gutsy determination. This is personified by ex Gunner's target Lorik Cana.

Van Persie was obviously a big miss but Eduardo, Samir Nasri, Tomas Rosicky, Cesc Fabregas and Andrey Arshavin were on the field. It should be remembered that Sunderland were without Jones, Cattermole, Turner and Gordon.

All I am trying to sat it would be nice if Wenger showed even a little respect.

Well Dave, the key players did play against Sunderland, but most of them as subs. The Prof is always critical of teams or players who are too robust. Remember what he said about the player who broke Eduardo's ankle? Well, that's Wenger. But you have to understand his concern. He got a Champions League next and Chelsea after that. And VP is out. I'm not saying Sunderland didn't deserve to win. It's just that The Prof is human after all. :)

Edited by Hazri

Well Dave, the key players did play against Sunderland, but most of them as subs. The Prof is always critical of teams or players who are too robust. Remember what he said about the player who broke Eduardo's ankle? Well, that's Wenger. But you have to understand his concern. He got a Champions League next and Chelsea after that. And VP is out. I'm not saying Sunderland didn't deserve to win. It's just that The Prof is human after all. :)

Point taken Hazri.

The thing is I have a huge amount of respect for Wenger.

I do recall him (in the heat of the moment) demanding a life long ban for Birmingham's Martin Taylor for the horrible injury to Eduardo. Later when he calmed down he said his comments were over the top.

However we could open a whole new thread about the rights and wrongs of "robust play". Football would have been far worse off without the likes of Stuart Pearce, Roy Keane, Graeme Souness etc. I even recall a certain Patrick Vieira receiving 10 red cards in the Premiership, hardly a shrinking violet!

But you are right that he is human and emotional.

Still irritating though.

Or if you feel like inflicting some brain damage upon yourself, go spend some time in the West Ham, Spurs or Millwall threads

At least it's worth acknowledging that MIG has a brain to be damaged, James. I don't now how much that she knows about football, nor do I care, only that she doesn't come over as a 'plastic supporter'. Of course you're more than welcome to share your own knowledge of the game any time that you wish, or on whatever thread. But I shan't be holding my breath.

I think the ^ above was uncalled for

Ive seen too many of the digs particularly at James....simply cos hes not English? or cos he hasnt been watching/supporting football for long enough? or cos he doesnt know enough about football? or cos he doesnt play?

I dont know if any or all of the above is the case, and to be honest I dont think it should matter.

I dont play football, I dont really know enough about the game, and I havent been watching it for all that long, and Im not English. (I also dont have the ability to remember scores, and who scored a memorable goal a week after it happened, yes even including when its an Arsenal player that did it!)

but isnt the point of football about bringing people together? people that enjoy the game, even if its just watching it? including people who are ignorant about it?

banter is one thing, but I think sometime you guys take it too far. its fair game to call him on his silly remarks, as we do with anyone, but I think linking it to his non british background or his lack of years to trace it back to his childhood or previous generation as supporter of a team. maybe theres something else about him, or about me that get on your nerves, but the whole you arent Brit, or you havent known Arsenal or ManU long enough is getting a bit tiring.

I think the ^ above was uncalled for

Ive seen too many of the digs particularly at James....simply cos hes not English? or cos he hasnt been watching/supporting football for long enough? or cos he doesnt know enough about football? or cos he doesnt play?

I dont know if any or all of the above is the case, and to be honest I dont think it should matter.

I dont play football, I dont really know enough about the game, and I havent been watching it for all that long, and Im not English. (I also dont have the ability to remember scores, and who scored a memorable goal a week after it happened, yes even including when its an Arsenal player that did it!)

but isnt the point of football about bringing people together? people that enjoy the game, even if its just watching it? including people who are ignorant about it?

banter is one thing, but I think sometime you guys take it too far. its fair game to call him on his silly remarks, as we do with anyone, but I think linking it to his non british background or his lack of years to trace it back to his childhood or previous generation as supporter of a team. maybe theres something else about him, or about me that get on your nerves, but the whole you arent Brit, or you havent known Arsenal or ManU long enough is getting a bit tiring.

Careful Migsy, or HappyHammer will provide us with his valuable insight on the Amir Zaki no go to Portsmouth situation was a footballing decision. :)

Ive seen too many of the digs particularly at James....simply cos hes not English? or cos he hasnt been watching/supporting football for long enough? or cos he doesnt know enough about football? or cos he doesnt play? I dont know if any or all of the above is the case, and to be honest I dont think it should matter.

It has nothing to do with any of the above MIG. But because of his arrogance. So yes, he will have his lack of football knowledge thrown back at him.

Not sure that football ever brought anyone together , except in tribal affiliation. Even amongst their own kind, football supporters will argue about just anything. No problem with ignorance about the game as a totality -- that's the way it's gone now -- only when plastic supporters make sly digs, and not the other way around as you've inferred.

MIG, methinks that you protesteth too much. Why are you being so defensive ? I have only spoken of you, and to you, in positive terms. I have no problem with you. But there again you are not James.

PS

perhaps you could explain childish and obscurantist comments like the one below ?

Careful Migsy, or HappyHammer will provide us with his valuable insight on the Amir Zaki no go to Portsmouth situation was a footballing decision

Well, let them say what they want Miss Mig. I'm sure they'll get tired some day. They should realise that the world market is as important as the local market. TV rights, merchandise etc. How much can a club earn if it doesn't have international supporters?

Well, let them say what they want Miss Mig. I'm sure they'll get tired some day. They should realise that the world market is as important as the local market. TV rights, merchandise etc. How much can a club earn if it doesn't have international supporters?

And just how many Premiership teams aren't in dire financial straights ? And what would be your solution to that problem ?

But as it happens, I don't give a monkey's about the Premiership, or any of the trappings that go with it. I gave up in disgust long ago. As far as I'm concerned , you are barking up the wrong tree , my friend. There is no royal 'we' on that score.

For someone who doesn't care about the Prem, he sure spends an awful amount of time on threads concerning it.

For the record Migsy, comments from people like the poster in question mean absolute zero to me. He can say what he wants. I know some people choose this path due to insecurities known only to them. Perhaps it's subconscious. Anyways I bow to the Not so HappyHammer knowledge Migs he is superior - let it go. Believe me, it ain't worth the effort. Replying to this crap is in fact the biggest waste of time I have had the displeasure of since his last post.

Re Arsenal. Any word on the takeover by Stan, it's getting close. What will it mean to the club?

I don't think any real supporters have a problem with having international followers. The big issue with a lot of these so called international fans is that they change allegiance every couple of years when certain teams are doing better. Have known a number of them from SEA who have gone from Arsenal -Chelsea- Man City. No one is disputing that the clubs don't need international incomes, but the majority of these never go to a game, couldn't tell you anything about the club past the last 2 years and probably will change when the team is not doing well.

As for James, he gets stick cos he likes to dish it out, I don't think he minds as he appears to generally be able to look after himself.

For the record Migsy, comments from people like the poster in question mean absolute zero to me. He can say what he wants. I know some people choose this path due to insecurities known only to them. Perhaps it's subconscious.

And youre even trying on psychobabble now. :)

Get real, James. Ooops sorry ...

For someone who doesn't care about the Prem, he sure spends an awful amount of time on threads concerning it.

Well, a lifetime of following football -- you know how it is, James. :D

Yes Mr Toad. I agree about some of the flip-flop support from SEA fans. But you will also come across one-club fans (myself incuded) :). True, some of us has never set foot in the stadium, but the support is real. My dream is to be able to watch at least 1 Arsenal game at Emirates stadium. Missed during Highbury days. Anybody got extra tickets? :D

HappyHammer, i think i owe you an apology. Maybe i've rushed myself to make some comments without understanding the whole situation. That sometimes happen when i talk about football. I offer my apologies. I'm here to make new friends, not otherwise. Peace :)

HappyHammer, i think i owe you an apology. Maybe i've rushed myself to make some comments without understanding the whole situation. That sometimes happen when i talk about football. I offer my apologies. I'm here to make new friends, not otherwise. Peace :)

Thank you, my friend, for your apology. It's true that sometimes we can make comments without understanding the whole situation -- we've all done it. You seem like a nice person to me, and I do have a begrudging soft spot for Arsenal too. :D

, and I do have a begrudging soft spot for Arsenal too. :)

they all do :D

You seem like a nice person to me

BUT...that does not give you a license to go all mushy corny on my thread! grrrrrr @male bonding HAHA

Thanx Hammer. Really appreciate it :).

A bit about January transfer window, with VP out for about 6 weeks, and Vela and Eduardo firing blanks against Sunderland, i wonder if The Prof would consider bringing in a more efficient fire power in case VP injured again (knock wood). And with the African Cup looming near, he'll lose some key players to international duties too, namely Sagna and Eboue. I guess he waits to see the result against Chelsea.

Hello everyone. Arsenal supporter here. Been supporting since Bergkamp days. Hi Miss Mig. Now a bit about the loss to Sunderland. I know... It's too painful to bear, but we'll bounce back. However, it's a bit of concern that we couldn't score a goal against them. But i believe this is just a small bump on the road. Arsenal will be ready for Chelsea. The Blues are gonna get some football lessons come match day. Hehehe...

You couldn't score because you didn't win the midfield battle. Simple as that ...

Yes agree about the midfield battle, Sunderland. That' why i'm intrigued to see if Wenger would make a purchase come January. Relying solely on Fab does pose a problem. There were talks about bringing Vieira back in pre-season. But Wenger changed his mind then. So I'm waiting to see if he'll bring in an experienced midfielder to support Fab. Coz Rosicky is not 100% fit yet, IMO. Just my 2cents. :)

Hazri

I was being diplomatic/tactful by calling it male bonding

i had some other term in mind actually, but have to pretend to be politically correct :)

Don't pretend to be anything that you're not MIG. If in the twenty-first century and dislike gay people, then so be it.

Personally, I don't understand what football has got to do with women either -- especially women commentators who whiter on about a players hair style and other irrelevancies.

So I guess that we're both dinosaurs in our own ways. :D

I wasnt going to continue with any non Arsenal comments on this thread....but dont make suggestions about me being homophobic without knowing too much about me just yet :)