Arsenal

MiG16

I wouldnt go that far....

but on the other hand if ManU had lost tonights game instead of just a draw......then who knows :whistling:

Mig has just asked me to make sure that she gets plenty of Red reputations on this thread.

Thanks for helping her out. :)

dont worry too much yermanee...you will soon get used to the bitterness directed towards Arsenal on here :D

just stay close to me and you will be ok ;)

Just noticed your above post.

Thanks for that.

Could you give me a hint of where I have to be, to be close to you? :jap::wub::jap:

Joking aside, the boys did good in Belgrade, hope they can do the same this Sunday against the KGB.

yermanee

looking forward to the game

but seems I will be watching it alone.....

Fancy your chances tomorrow Mig? I reckon we will beat you 3-1 :D

i will give it to you seapok that you may very well come out on top, but i think it may be a lot closer than you think. home advantage, a plus and the fact that we already are missing quite a few first choice team members out with injuries. i have a feeling though that the young uns will be more than capable of stepping up to the plate and put in a good performance. it all depends on whether your lot can handle them, be able to stick to your game plan and dictate the run of play. after all i would think that most people if asked, are expecting a chelsea win. considering all the bragging thats been going on with wins against poorer opposition in your opening games of the season. wink.gif oh wait a minute didnt your lot lose to city last weekend ? biggrin.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Half way to doing the double.....again!

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Didier Drogba was Arsenal's tormentor again as Chelsea tightened their grip at the top of the Premier League.

Arsenal paid the price for their failure to take the chances they created in periods of domination at Stamford Bridge - and for their continuing inability to contain Drogba as Carlo Ancelotti's champions stretched out a four-point lead over their title rivals.

Arsene Wenger's side came close through Marouane Chamakh and Laurent Koscielny, while Andrey Arshavin brought a superb save from Petr Cech before Drogba struck his 13th goal against The Gunners in as many games as the interval approach.

He applied a clever finish to Ashley Cole's cross to give Chelsea a lead against the run of play that they would protect in trademark fashion.

And for all Arsenal's pretty passing and intricate patterns in the second half, it was Chelsea who applied the killer blow five minutes from time when Alex concluded a fast bowler's run-up with a true touch of Brazil as he lashed a long-range free-kick high beyond Lukasz Fabianski.

Wenger may take heart from the fact that Arsenal were not swept aside in the manner they were against Chelsea last season, although there were moments of slackness at the back, but there was no consolation in a familiar scoreline as they were once again beaten by their fierce London rivals.

For Chelsea boss Ancelotti, attending the game despite the recent death of his father, there was satisfaction in the manner in which his side responded to their first Premier League defeat of the season at Manchester City.

Arsenal, on the receiving end of comprehensive defeats against Chelsea at home and away in the Premier League last season, showed no inferiority complex as they almost scored twice inside the first 60 seconds.

Chamakh's header from Bacary Sagna's cross was only inches away with Cech beaten, before Koscielny somehow headed the resulting corner over the top, despite standing almost on the goalline.

And as Arsenal continued to dominate the opening exchanges, Arshavin forced a fine save from Cech and Samir Nasri was narrowly off target with a low drive.

The threat of Drogba hung over Arsenal like a cloud, however, and he posted the warning signs by forcing a desperate block from Fabianski with an angled drive. Almost inevitably, for all Arsenal's superiority, it was Drogba who made the first-half's decisive contribution as Chelsea went ahead after 39 minutes.

Ramires did well to win possession before feeding Cole, whose near-post cross was met with a subtle flick from Drogba that flew in via the near post. It was very much against the run of play - and Wenger's frustration was plain to see on the touchline.

Arsenal refused to be discouraged by the setback and pressed forward with urgency, but another moment of defensive frailty almost saw Chelsea double their advantage on the hour.

Anelka robbed the hesitant Sebastien Squillaci, and even though the striker rounded Fabianski the angle was too acute and the finish rolled agonisingly wide for Chelsea.

Arsenal were being punished for their wastefulness in front of goal, and Chamakh was the culprit again with 10 minutes left as he headed substitute Tomas Rosicky's cross wide.

Chelsea's greater cutting edge was crucial, and they clinched the victory in spectacular fashion with five minutes left. Alex ripped a 25-yard free-kick high past the despairing grasp of Fabianski after Koscielny had been booked for a foul on Anelka.

Arsenal were instantly deflated, and Fabianski had to make fine saves from Michael Essien and Cole as Chelsea threatened to extend the victory margin.

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Would you believe it, old Seapok has taken too cutting and pasting on other clubs threads :o perhaps he wants to make them as boring as the chelsea thread ;).

Yeah it is pretty boring winning all the time.....what makes you think I'm pasting anyway? they could be my words for all you know? :rolleyes:

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Would you believe it, old Seapok has taken too cutting and pasting on other clubs threads :o perhaps he wants to make them as boring as the chelsea thread ;).

Yeah it is pretty boring winning all the time.....what makes you think I'm pasting anyway? they could be my words for all you know? :rolleyes:

Impossible, the spelling is generally correct & the British Press, believe it or not, don't generally " do " Child Labour...:D

Edited by MSingh

now tell the whole world how you are hoping for an Arsenal win :D

Wasn't quite ready to tell the world that Migsy, but what i will tell it is that was an awesome second half performance that deserved something. Great game. Loved every second. Premiership at its best.

Wasn't quite ready to tell the world that Migsy, but what i will tell it is that was an awesome second half performance that deserved something. Great game. Loved every second. Premiership at its best.

Arsenal remind me of that guy in the indiana jones movie with the samuri sword looking all threatening and indiana gets his gun out and just shoots him :D

All show but no end product.

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Well, not ALL the time eh :D

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Well, not ALL the time eh :D

The City game was obviously a mere blip, a bad day at the office, a slight blemish on our near perfect start to the season.....well something along those lines Mr BJ :rolleyes:

Chelsea 2 - 0 Arsenal

Impossible, the spelling is generally correct & the British Press, believe it or not, don't generally " do " Child Labour...:D

Just because I'm younger, fitter, better looking and more intelligent than you Singh doesn't make me a child! haha :whistling:

Just because I'm younger, fitter, better looking and more intelligent than you Singh doesn't make me a child! haha :whistling:

There it is, that unmistakable, West London/Chelsea sense of humour everyone, in all it's glory...:D

• 2 weeks later...

good boy Alex :D

whats been happening on this thread while I was busy?

gee...haha, all the ManU and Chelsea fans bickering against each other? :lol:

its ok...you can borrow the space. Its somewhat entertaining :D

Come on Singh I thought we put this love / hate relationship behind us.....you know you love me so lets play nicely! :)

As a gesture of goodwill you could do a few cut and paste jobs on the scammer thread....its been quiet for a while now.

I know singhy would appreciate it.

Arsenal/Shaktar Donetsk 5 - 1

Nice result, but what makes me proud to be a gooner is what happened at the 82nd minute.

That's what being a gooner is all about.

Yermanee

Someone in the crowd raised their voice ;)

The crowd sang there first song ;)

Arsole Wenger smiled ;)

Edited by alfieconn

Arsenal/Shaktar Donetsk 5 - 1

Nice result, but what makes me proud to be a gooner is what happened at the 82nd minute.

That's what being a gooner is all about.

Yermanee

Someone in the crowd raised their voice ;)Actually I was one of them so must have been more than 2.

The crowd sang there first song ;)But what a nice song !!!!

Arsole Wenger smiled ;)Was more than twitchy harry did yesterday wasn't it ?

nice to see the arsenal get a bit of payback after last seasons 4 - 2 drumming, even if it was helped somewhat by an early sending of a city player in the fifth minute. took a bit of time to find their stride, but got there in the end. just a shame that <deleted> abebayor didn't get a look in or after one of our goals was scored someone didnt just run up to him on the subs bench and give him one of those looks as if to say " look whos smiling now "

anyway all in all a good away win against top opposition that lifts us up above the chasing pack of city, spurs and utd even if it is only on goal difference. question is now though whether we can use this result as a spring board to move on to better things and become a strong outfit once again both at home and away.

nice to see the arsenal get a bit of payback after last seasons 4 - 2 drumming, even if it was helped somewhat by an early sending of a city player in the fifth minute. took a bit of time to find their stride, but got there in the end. just a shame that <deleted> abebayor didn't get a look in or after one of our goals was scored someone didnt just run up to him on the subs bench and give him one of those looks as if to say " look whos smiling now "

anyway all in all a good away win against top opposition that lifts us up above the chasing pack of city, spurs and utd even if it is only on goal difference. question is now though whether we can use this result as a spring board to move on to better things and become a strong outfit once again both at home and away.

The answer to your question is no you won't. :D

question is now though whether we can use this result as a spring board to move on to better things and become a strong outfit once again both at home and away.

Unless every team they play only have 10 men :D

i would have thought that even if city did only play with ten men it would have been enough anyway to secure the win. considering the amount of money they've spent on what was meant to be a wealth of talent. wink.gif

Edited by tigerfish

question is now though whether we can use this result as a spring board to move on to better things and become a strong outfit once again both at home and away.

The Arse are singing again it would seem....:D

EDIT: Jist to say I thought the ref wrapped Wenger's boys in cotton wool yesterday......terrible sending off so early in the game.....the laddie got a bit carried away but they had only just got on the pitch. Yellow and a good talking to was all it needed. Spoilt the game.

Edited by smokie36

Well theres an interesting point. In the few league games that have been played this season, how many players have been sent off whilst playing Arsenal? I don't actually know the answer to the question but i'm thinking its three, which if correct is a rather high average isn't it.