Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

On 3/25/2018 at 10:24 AM, owl sees all said:

Over 25% of Scotland is owned by just 40 people.

'Blessed are the haggis makers for they shall inherit the highlands' it's in the book of thistles in my feet. Who cares what the cross dressers own.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, nontabury said:

A French/ Dutch company have been awarded the contract, however I beleive the passports will be produced in their factory,  situated in Poland. Where wages are significantly lower than in the U.K. Hence they managed to undercut the British tender. Of course as we now know, the governments of Holland,France, Spain and Italy do not allow their passports to be printed outside their countries, stating security needs. Proving that once again the British are mugs.

We have known that all along, this is not the only area the UK government has failed to put the interests of the country first but for some strange reason people seem to think that brexit is a Knight in shining armour.

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

'Blessed are the haggis makers for they shall inherit the highlands' it's in the book of thistles in my feet. Who cares what the cross dressers own.

Exactly. Cross dressers need to discipline their tempers.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

We have known that all along, this is not the only area the UK government has failed to put the interests of the country first but for some strange reason people seem to think that brexit is a Knight in shining armour.

I don't see why anyone should complain, weren't they being produced in Hong Kong some time ago? doesn't matter where they are produced we will still pay an arm and a leg for them and in Bangkok we get them handed over by an Indian firm in Trendy house.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And some quislings seem to think Brexit is a Whipping Boy. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I don't see why anyone should complain, weren't they being produced in Hong Kong some time ago? doesn't matter where they are produced we will still pay an arm and a leg for them and in Bangkok we get them handed over by an Indian firm in Trendy house.

VFS Global is not an Indian company, it was just first established in a India but is now headquartered in Dubai.  It is run by the Swiss Kuomi Group which is owned entirely by the private equity holdings group EQT which was founded by, and is still ultimately controlled by, the Wallenberg family, who are Swedish.

Edited by Kieran00001

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

VFS Global is not an Indian company, it was just first established in a India but is now headquartered in Dubai.  It is run by the Swiss Kuomi Group which is owned entirely by the private equity holdings group EQT which was founded by, and is still ultimately controlled by, the Wallenberg family, who are Swedish.

'That's OK' then??

Sorry, I'm still seriously annoyed at the current 'arrangements' to renew passports... 

Ever more unnecessary agents and difficulties :sad:.  Of course someone is profiting from this - and it ain't the poor sod that needs to renew their passport, or taxpayers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

They already expressed it............................ on 23rd June 2016

And as far as some are concerned people must stick rigidly to what they thought at that point in time and the introduction of cancellation rights into the Consumer Contracts Regulations was completely unnecessary legislation.

If a major sporting event had been carried out in the same way as the brexit referendum the results would have been declared invalid. Of course sporting events are the epitome of fair play and political events are anything but.

20 minutes ago, sandyf said:

And as far as some are concerned people must stick rigidly to what they thought at that point in time and the introduction of cancellation rights into the Consumer Contracts Regulations was completely unnecessary legislation.

If a major sporting event had been carried out in the same way as the brexit referendum the results would have been declared invalid. Of course sporting events are the epitome of fair play and political events are anything but.

"Of course sporting events are the epitome of fair play"

I assume you're joking? :laugh:

Regardless, we all know politicians/big business and medias' only interest is self-interest... and that isn't going to change in the near future...

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, Kieran00001 said:

A quarter of them were children, a quarter of school leaving age but pre university, and of the 50% who were adults, half of them had degrees, there were thouasands of doctors, thousands of dentists, engineers, all sorts of professionals, as well as a few rapists unfortunately, but they were very much predominantly middle class people who came, they were those who could afford it.  And they, or their children, will fill a much needed labour shortage in Germany, like the Turkish refugees they took before who filled a low level labour shortage and resulted in a booming economy, the Syrians will fill a predicted coming gap in the professional workforce and the economy will prosper as a result.

IMG_4562.PNG.d173b8482e783dad2eefd593c5f66118.PNG

Surely you don't deny the uproar caused by Merkel's open door policy? You may be able to dig out graphs but if you heard the people on the streets of Germany (and Sweden and others) you'd get a very different view on mass migration.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aright said:

And as far as some are concerned people must stick rigidly to what they thought at that point in time ...............

Do you remember the Government document produced before the referendum and mailed to every household (at a cost to taxpayers of £9million) warning we must stay in the EU or face economic disaster. The last words on the pamphlet read ....This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide.

That's what we won that's what we want. End of.

It isn't what almost half of those who voted want,the royal 'we' doesn't make it any more fair.

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

So its still not British.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:49 AM, Kieran00001 said:

Incredible!  Sure, there are absolutely no Indians wanting to work in the Uk!  How is it possible to be unaware of that fact that there are millions who want to?  The talks were last year and the people who took apart were Theresa May with Narendra Modi.

So you're talking about India, with an 80% Hindu population, yet you say we'll be flooded with Muslims?

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

'That's OK' then??

Sorry, I'm still seriously annoyed at the current 'arrangements' to renew passports... 

Ever more unnecessary agents and difficulties :sad:.  Of course someone is profiting from this - and it ain't the poor sod that needs to renew their passport, or taxpayers!

Exactly, other Europeans get their passports from their embassy, someone is on a nice little earner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aright said:

By all means express an opinion while respecting the results of a democratically held referendum. Banging on ad nauseum neither respects the will of the people or helps the government get the best outcome for the British people.

Where do these people learn Latin?

Romani ite domum!!!!

Edited by Grouse
Latin
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aright said:

What did the Romans ever do for us? (Quid unquam Romani fac nobis?)

They did build the Exeter-Lincoln expressway. :smile:

800px-Fosse_Way_Wiltshire.jpg

Edited by nauseus
add pic

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

They did build the Exeter-Lincoln expressway.

True. It saved 8 days travelling by the old route.

Their biggest contribution was slavery. Why did that die out? I always fancied having one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Basil B said:

Tendering rules as per EU directive...

Though the French company came in with a tender of £120m less than the UK one assuming if it was for a 10 year contract therefore assume 60 million passports that's a saving of £2 each passport, how much do they cost to make? 

personally I have concerns over security as whats to stop some leaving by the backdoor... 

I heard the French and some other countries get around the tendering rules by manufacturing their passports 'in house'.  I assume this is like the Civil Service making them.

The British governments always seem to follow the letter of the law, while other countries bend the rules. I don't know whether to feel proud of that, or frustrated!

• Like 2

Just now, aright said:

True. It saved 8 days travelling by the old route.

Their biggest contribution was slavery. Why did that die out? I always fancied having one.

Slavery is not dead. I am one! My real name is Lurcio. :cheesy:

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

I heard the French and some other countries get around the tendering rules by manufacturing their passports 'in house'.  I assume this is like the Civil Service making them.

The British governments always seem to follow the letter of the law, while other countries bend the rules. I don't know whether to feel proud of that, or frustrated!

Be proud. And out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

It isn't what almost half of those who voted want,the royal 'we' doesn't make it any more fair.

I accept that almost half of the country were bullied into voting remain, but the fact is we are leaving the EU.

Surely the best way forward is solidarity. Anything less just plays into the hands of the EU negotiators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They aren’t bending the rules, it is just that they have their own facilities for making them rather than needing to put them out to competitive tender under EU/WTO rules.

If this exemption didn’t exist to allow tasks to be carried out in-house by governments without competitive tendering then the NHS would really struggle to hold on to what they have left.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 minutes ago, Orac said:

They aren’t bending the rules, it is just that they have their own facilities for making them rather than needing to put them out to competitive tender under EU/WTO rules.

If this exemption didn’t exist to allow tasks to be carried out in-house by governments without competitive tendering then the NHS would really struggle to hold on to what they have left.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's nothing to with competitive tendering, it's managing the service sensibly. Do you know how much it costs to change a light bulb in a hospital.......£175, that service was offered out for "competitive" tendering. Sheer madness.

Some more idiotic prices if anyone would care to look.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-change-a-lightbulb-in-a-NHS-hospital

Edited by vogie
  • Thanks 1