I can hear the food I eat - Do You

I witnessed a similar event at a family party some years ago only not a pig, but a young calf. Actually when I say witnessed I was there when the calf arrived but because I knew of it's fate I decided to go for a walk whilst the animal was being slaughtered. It wasn't something I needed to watch, although I seem to remember it was rather tasty barbecued.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Have you ever heard the screaming a lettuce makes when it is sliced,bone chilling i can tell you. Of course only certain people can,i being one ,carrots are worse they actually plead with you,before you weild the knife,of course i couldn't give a fig about it.

There is a sort of commune in the UK where people have to ask their food ( vegetables ) for permission to eat them. Far as I know, the food never said "no".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes they do. Factory farming is an abomination, and the animals suffer their entire miserable lives.

People are cruel, PERIOD.

For sure but we probably would not eat eggs if we all really thought about it...

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, transam said:

Quite often a truck passes my place with this horrendous noise coming from it.

The back is filled with live pigs stacked on top of each other squashing the ones below. Very sad to see and hear...:sad:

My wife never looked at a truck with pigs on it when we were on the road, but she never refused to eat pork.

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????

It's possible to have humane animal welfare/ slaughter and democracy at the same time.

????? 'Human animal/welfare slaughter'.  4 nouns forming a non sequitor.  Basically human welfare is more important than animal welfare and thus human welfare should be prioritized. over squeamish sentimentality over the false lie of animal rights. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, The manic said:

????? 'Human animal/welfare slaughter'.  4 nouns forming a non sequitor.  Basically human welfare is more important than animal welfare and thus human welfare should be prioritized. over squeamish sentimentality over the false lie of animal rights. 

Sigh, sigh, sigh.

I didn't say "human", and you put the / in the wrong place. Read it again.

:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Vegetarian asked me a few years ago if I would be prepared to kill everything I ate. Doubt I could unless it was a real survival situation.

Have to confess, that when we buy a live fish from the market, I always look away when it's bashed on its head.:shock1:

But larp pla is rather delicious! :clap2:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, faraday said:

A Vegetarian asked me a few years ago if I would be prepared to kill everything I ate. Doubt I could unless it was a real survival situation.

Have to confess, that when we buy a live fish from the market, I always look away when it's bashed on its head.:shock1:

But larp pla is rather delicious! :clap2:

I have killed plenty of animals, and most for food, but I confess I don't eat anything that looks like an animal/ fish after it's put on the plate.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have killed plenty of animals, and most for food, but I confess I don't eat anything that looks like an animal/ fish after it's put on the plate.

Is that coz you're a lousy cook?

:clap2::clap2:

Joke...:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2018 at 1:14 PM, marko kok prong said:

Have you ever heard the screaming a lettuce makes when it is sliced,bone chilling i can tell you. Of course only certain people can,i being one ,carrots are worse they actually plead with you,before you weild the knife,of course i couldn't give a fig about it.

Same as potato's mate. They have feelings too.

Regarding the so called potato famine in Ireland. Some think it never happened, that they just forgot where they planted them.

I think the (Irish) potato might be smarter than they are given credit for, and just ran away and hid.

:tongue:

Edited by chrisinth
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Same as potato's mate. They have feelings too.

Regarding the so called potato famine in Ireland. Some think it never happened, that they just forgot where they planted them.

I think the potato might be smarter than they are given credit for, and just ran away and hid.

:tongue:

Not Jersey....:laugh:

• Haha 1

Yes been there and felt similar. I refused the fresh raw meat everyone else was enjoying with their beer, but the smell of cooking later brought my appetite back. Horrible noise the poor bugger made and it seemed to go on for a long time.

No worse than killing a chicken or any other animal that’s the way in Thailand I am afraid in the Western world the pig would be taken to the slaughter house , given a bit more respect but in the end would be prepared in the same manner it’s a way of life .

• Sad 1

On 23/03/2018 at 12:19 PM, transam said:

For sure but we probably would not eat eggs if we all really thought about it...

Nothing wrong with chicken miscarriage bloody lovely, especially when you find a feather or bit of blood delicious 

• Sad 1