82-year-old man dies two weeks after being kicked by a motorcyclist in Bangkok

webfact

21 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The burden of proof is on the  prosecutor. It must be shown that the . injuries hastened the man's death. If there were underlying medical conditions, it won't be an easy case to prosecute. The  estate can probably squeeze some money and a few wais from the bully though.

The old man has been in Hospital since he was kicked. I think that pretty obvious.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The death of the old man, Charoon Meephan, prompted Huai Khwang police to summon the suspect, Mr Narathorn Sodtiyang, who was earlier charged with assault causing injuries, to acknowledge a new charge of assault causing death.

How about getting off your back-sides and arresting the scumbag rather than sending him a message.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The burden of proof is on the  prosecutor. It must be shown that the . injuries hastened the man's death. If there were underlying medical conditions, it won't be an easy case to prosecute. The  estate can probably squeeze some money and a few wais from the bully though.

You are joking.

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Underlying medical conditions?  you mean like being an 82 year old man who obviously lived a hard life and probably wasn't in great health.  

The attack on him was uncalled for but to blame the young guy for his death is ludicrous.  

10 hours ago, seancbk said:

Underlying medical conditions?  you mean like being an 82 year old man who obviously lived a hard life and probably wasn't in great health.  

The attack on him was uncalled for The attack on him was uncalled for but to blame the young guy for his death is ludicrous.   

"The attack on him was uncalled for but to blame the young guy for his death is ludicrous"

And why is that, exactly? Are you in the medical profession? Please enlighten us with your ludicrous reasons......

36 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

"The attack on him was uncalled for but to blame the young guy for his death is ludicrous"

And why is that, exactly? Are you in the medical profession? Please enlighten us with your ludicrous reasons......

In TV they told, that he died because of an infection and not because of the kicks. 

But in the next words there was the Assumtion, that the infection occured because he had lie in bed and can't move.

So this would then have the Assumtion he at the end died because of the kicks or not?

On 4/1/2018 at 1:29 AM, IAMHERE said:

Mr Narathorn is protected by Thainess, it is accepted that monied elite get to kill the poor, especially old poor and women poor. It is the culture, get over it.

How do you know he's rich,.... 

On ‎01‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 1:29 AM, IAMHERE said:

Mr Narathorn is protected by Thainess, it is accepted that monied elite get to kill the poor, especially old poor and women poor. It is the culture, get over it.

I think you have a lot of post but have no clue about Thailand

On 31/03/2018 at 8:44 PM, Bundooman said:

I'm not in the medical profession.  Are you?  

It's hardly unusual for an 82 year old man to die, especially a poor one who'd led a hard life.  

*If* it can be proven without any doubt that he died of his injuries then the young guy should of course be charged,  but there is a very real possibility the old dude was going to die anyway.

I'm not by the way defending the attacker, who we can all agree is nasty piece of work, but I don't agree with people being blamed for something that isn't their fault.   

On 4/2/2018 at 4:47 PM, seancbk said:

I'm not in the medical profession.  Are you?  

It's hardly unusual for an 82 year old man to die, especially a poor one who'd led a hard life.  

*If* it can be proven without any doubt that he died of his injuries then the young guy should of course be charged,  but there is a very real possibility the old dude was going to die anyway.

I'm not by the way defending the attacker, who we can all agree is nasty piece of work, but I don't agree with people being blamed for something that isn't their fault.   

You must be insane.

I hope that you are-what other explanation could there possibly be?