BHP Kawasaki Ninja 400

crisp

On 11.04.2018 at 4:51 PM, papa al said:

what is the speed limit for bikes in Thailand.?

Posers.

So? 

PS

Even from 60-70 150 cc  It is not enough to quickly accelerate and avoid problems. for example in a turn to transfer the load to the rear wheel.

On 11.04.2018 at 1:52 AM, Damrongsak said:

Good review of some bikes in the 250-400cc class, including the Duke 390 and the Ninja 400. Just short of 1 minute in, they dyno test the bikes.  Kawa had 43.3 HP at 9900 RPM.  13.50 second 1/4 mile @ 97.42 MPH is not too shabby.

The Ninja 400 is pretty impressive in general.  Peppy but tractable and has a bit more civilized riding position than a pure crotch rocket. Major upgrade to the Ninja 300.  Top speed  about 190 KPH : 

May be need compare with RC390.. Not with Duke 390?;)

13.5 its good time. How about breaking? How 400 ninja stay on the trajectory of turn?.

20 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

There's also a saying:

It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

I really like this bike, 400c Ninja twin would be fun in many parts of Thailand. For touring I would want a minimum of a ninja 650, but as an all rounder, once you get to the hills and twisties, I'd go for this. 

Forget the single cylinder nonsense on the KTM 373cc.

More fun ride big bike fast;)

And what problem with KTM? Duke its best in class good  handling, good braking.

RC390 its be better when 300 ninja and R3.. About ninja 400 do no.. Not try it

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Thumper scooter.

Thump Thump Thump.

Buy Wave. Is better for scooter. 

Hot its not scooter. Its moped as another moped r3 or ninja300 just better.

Same ninja400 may be. Wawe is rubbish. No way. But you buy if think its better than ninja...:)))

23 hours ago, ardokano said:

So? 

PS

Even from 60-70 150 cc  It is not enough to quickly accelerate and avoid problems. for example in a turn to transfer the load to the rear wheel.

150cc works fine.

Years of riding Thailand and SE Asea,

never once imperilled by lack of thrust.

Goes around curves fine too.

Cruise 120+ (i) okay.  ??

Sure.

3 hours ago, papa al said:

150cc works fine.

Years of riding Thailand and SE Asea,

never once imperilled by lack of thrust.

Goes around curves fine too.

Cruise 120+ (i) okay.  ??

Sure.

Ha ha. If you not be in trouble. Its not mean its Okay. Again how you in  turn to transfer the load to the rear wheel? If its even on "moped" 300-400 cc not every time possible easy...

10 hours ago, ardokano said:

Ha ha. If you not be in trouble. Its not mean its Okay. Again how you in  turn to transfer the load to the rear wheel? If its even on "moped" 300-400 cc not every time possible easy...

If you are entering a turn so fast, especially on a Thai road, that the traction of your real wheel becomes an issue, you are clearly driving too fast for a public road. Which means you misjudged the situation and my reply from page 1 applies:

On 9.4.2018 at 9:31 PM, jackdd said:

Trying to compensate a lack of skill with a bigger bike is probably the worst thing one can do

10 hours ago, ardokano said:

So far,

the rear wheel has been transferring weight to the road

pretty much

all of the time.

[except during jumps and stoppies]

papa not lie.

Have you heard of Newton's Theory of Gravitational Attraction?

It's only a theory, mind you.

Only a theory.

Edited by papa al

12 minutes ago, papa al said:

So far,

pretty much

all of the time.

papa not lie.

Only a theory.

What he is talking about is that when you accelerate the bike, the weight is transferred on the back tire which gives you more traction with the back tire (same es when you break the weight is transferred to the front tire, which is the reason that the front break is way more effective)

You can see this "problem" in the MotoGP sometimes:

In this video you can see it several times, for example at 1:17, the back tire slips away. If the rider had accelerated more in this situation the back tire would probably not have slipped because it would have had more traction.

But as i said in my post before, this is not something that should be relevant on a public road, because it just means you are going too fast.

Edited by jackdd

On 14.04.2018 at 8:41 AM, jackdd said:

If you are entering a turn so fast, especially on a Thai road, that the traction of your real wheel becomes an issue, you are clearly driving too fast for a public road. Which means you misjudged the situation and my reply from page 1 applies:

I say what I say. Its  not enough 150cc even for Thai road speed limit..:)

On 14.04.2018 at 8:44 AM, papa al said:

So far,

pretty much

all of the time.

papa not lie.

Only a theory.

I am in practices experience say. It you maybe do not get what mean RIDE bike. Again 150cc even  not enough for Thai road speed limit in many situation. Because not enough acceleration even start from 60-70 km.:)some example I give... I am still beginner on bike. But I get more about ride in practice than you as I can see;)

On 14.04.2018 at 8:56 AM, jackdd said:

this is not something that should be relevant on a public road, because it just means you are going too fast.

This is not to fast for road. Its to fast for bike... In many curve turn if it's uphill on 150cc you can't even in speed limit ride

My PCX will keep up with traffic, but there is nothing left over to accelerate your way out of danger.

Can't see how any 150cc bike would perform any better.

And people ride bicycles on the highway, so that 'I have ridden all over ...' argument holds no water.

16 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Why single-cylinder scooter owner pollute thread.

This thread about proper motosycle. Not about single-cylinder thump thump thump scooter.

I do not know why you do it?. Trade about fast  "moped"..:)

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

My PCX will keep up with traffic, but there is nothing left over to accelerate your way out of danger.

Can't see how any 150cc bike would perform any better.

And people ride bicycles on the highway, so that 'I have ridden all over ...' argument holds no water.

PCX its fine scooter. But talking about upper CC;)

• 1 month later...

Good article on the Ninja 400.  https://www.cycleworld.com/kawasaki-blows-lid-off-entry-level-class-with-2018-ninja-400

More power than the 300 (and lighter).  https://www.cycleworld.com/how-much-power-does-new-2018-kawasaki-ninja-400-make#page-2

Judging from user feedback and some published tests, the little 400 is about as quick as many cars having 350-400 horsepower.  0-100 KPH in 4.5 seconds or less.  8.5 pounds per horsepower. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 8:31 AM, jackdd said:

It seems that the KTM RC 390 is not sold in Thailand anymore, and when it was sold in 2015 it was 300k THB

KTM here get the crap unsold in Phil. Old models 2017 telling people it's a 2018. In fact they know 0 about any the bikes. They have used the marketing and selling last years problems at a large price. I would not buy one if it was half price. Do a good Google pig bike.

Edited by Media1