Man beaten unconscious in Nakhon Ratchasima regains consciousness, has severe brain concussion

Jonathan Fairfield

Man beaten unconscious in Nakhon Ratchasima regains consciousness, has severe brain concussion

n10.jpeg

A young man who sustained a severe brain concussion in a brawl during the Songkran celebration on Saturday in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district has regained consciousness.

Meanwhile, police may soon issue a summons for his rivals to face punishments, said Muang Nakhon Ratchasima precint superintendent Pol Colonel Patiyuth Singsomroj. The young man remained under close medical surveillance, he added.

n11.jpeg

The incident, in which a drunk reveller was attacked in the middle of Jom Surangyat Road by a group of rivals until he lay unconscious, and was caught on camera, with the video clip going viral on Thai social media.

The unconscious man was rushed to hospital, Provincial governor Wichien Chantharanothai had previously urged the public to remain sober and drink moderately as they celebrated Songkran from April 13-15. There are many reports of drinking related brawls.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343209

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-15

WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Thian said:

And why did they bring him to hospital on a scooter? Is there no ambulance overthere?

Much quicker due to traffic 

It's like alot of the Falangs with full blown medical cover hoping to survive (if only the ambulance could get through the traffic )

• Like 2

Several people kicking the shit out of someone on the floor, wouldn't be viewed as big Kudos where I come from you would be looked at as a proper Barclays Banker (See Cockney rhyming slang)

Edited by Dave67

Fight provoked by groping of friend

By KASEM CHANATHINAT 
THE NATION

adf67cfe7e80ed133bea38ae6e6eb0a9.jpeg

SEVEN YOUNGSTERS arrested for assaulting a rival young man during a Songkran brawl in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district on Saturday claim the victim was drunk and had groped a female friend of theirs before they attacked him, police said on Sunday.

Muang Nakhon Ratchasima superintendent Pol Colonel Patiyuth Singsomroj said Wiroj Chanhom, 25, Kiattisak Rongsantia, 22, Sopon Boonprasert, 20, Watcharapong Trongchat, 23 and three others whose names have been withheld be cause they are under 18 are among the nine people accused of attacking Athisak (last name withheld), 25. 

201bf52bf9e80b0931956fb7be847127.jpeg

The two elusive suspects were Peerapong Maoseub, a suspect in a knife assault on another man on March 26, and another man identified only by the nickname “Keng Lek”, Patiyuth added.

The seven men arrested on Sunday reportedly confessed to the assault but claimed that Athisak was drunk and groped their female friend before running away.

They gave chase and attacked him in the middle of Jom Surangyat Road, Patiyuth said. 

ba3b39054ef9d6ee02b913e8c8ebde09.jpeg

Athisak, who sustained a severe concussion from the beating, has regained consciousness but would remain under close medical surveillance, he said.

The incident was caught on camera and the video clip went viral on Thai social media resulting in heavy criticism of the youths’ thug-like behaviour, which alarmed people near by and caused traffic jams. 

7e927f09263e536d971040eb59b95407.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343223

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-16

Many years back during a Songkran celebration my wife and her family operated a large booth in order to raise money for the local temple. They had a large upright spinning wheel with the 76 provinces shaped like a pizza. People would buy tickets and hope they won the cash prize when the needle stopped on the province they had chosen.

The scene at the temple that evening was hot, crowded and noisy with neon lights everywhere. While helping out behind the booth, I heard a large bang nearby and then say numerous Thais screaming and yelling. More upset people showed up. My Thai family kept telling me ‘mai bai’ or don’t go. I never saw any police.

We waited maybe ten minutes and then it was back to the wheel spinning and the villagers playing the game.

This is what I found out a few days later. There had been two Thai males arguing and one had shot the other one. The guy that had been shot, died.  He was not well-liked in the village. The shooter who lived in another village had fled the scene, running to the Nan River about 50 meters away. He was never found and the locals said he drowned in the river…

• Like 1

I think I know the woman in the red hat. Her name is May.

At least the Thai man dressed in black and a few others tried to stop the kick fest.

they transported the victim to the hospital on a motorbike sandwiched between two men!

then the victim is on a gurney face down.

I hope he recovers.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Meanwhile, police may soon issue a summons for his rivals to face punishments, said Muang Nakhon Ratchasima precint superintendent Pol Colonel Patiyuth Singsomroj. The young man remained under close medical surveillance, he added.

So, nothing will be done as the culprits are youngsters and maybe children of HiSo people.

Just a "wai" in front of the cameras and admit that they are sorry.
After all, it was not their fault but the booze made tham do that.

Groping is one thing but Attempted Murder is another and should be punished accordingly.  When you repeatedly kick someone's head when they are helpless on the ground it is Attempted Murder and sadly, like so many other serious matters in Lawless Goonland, it is not punished anywhere seriously enough.   Perpetrators should be locked up for 10-15 years minimum and made to serve every day of it.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

The headkicking, sir, is happening all over the world.

It isn't "Thainess", but a worldwide degeneration of mentality.

You must spend you time in seedier places than me, I have never seen, in all my travels, cowards of this caliber! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thian said:

Always the same, 10 against one kicking the head after he's down and KO....

And why did they bring him to hospital on a scooter? Is there no ambulance overthere?

You've never driven(crawled) in traffic during Songkran?

21 hours ago, Thian said:

Always the same, 10 against one kicking the head after he's down and KO....

In this instance it was two rival gangs brawling. One poor sod falls over and gets caught by the rival gang. In that context your gonna get a kicking anywhere in the world.

Imagine they used the scooter to try and cut through the traffic.

Kudos to the gentleman in black shirt and shorts. He intervened, and managed to stop a serious assault that needed stopping without the thugs turning on him or using violence himself. Calm, confident and assertive. Well played sir!